Menu

26.02.19

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

Here is our final roundup of the 57 celebrities who hit the red carpet for for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party on Sunday (February 24) in Beverly Hills, California.

Chloe Grace Moretz: I was happy to see that the Film Independent Spirit Awards look was a blip, and she was back on form in custom Louis Vuitton.

Freida Pinto: I wouldn’t have thought Julien Macdonald was a consideration for Freida, but she’s working this embellished frock with a deep plunging neckline. Going matching with Sophia Webster shoes and a box clutch, she completed the look with Chopard jewels.

Dianna Agron: The actress was oozing elegance in Armani Prive with Christian Louboutin shoes.

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

Alison Sudol: I’m all for detail, but the gold and silver accent from her shoulder is throwing me off this Miu Miu design.

America Ferrera: The actress has a full glam moment in Tadashi Shoji.

Sophie Turner: Custom Louis Vuitton don’t always go down too well, unless your Alicia Vikander, but I’m confident this gold creation will be well received.

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup3

Cynthia Erivo: Whether it’s a big tulle gown, or a Mary Katrantzou Spring 2019 perfume bottle dress, Cynthia’s red carpet looks always make an impact. Jimmy Choo ‘Max’ sandals completed her look.

Ashlee Simpson: The singer was elegant in Maticevski with Sophia Webster shoes that also had a touch of sparkle.

Tina Fey: After going with a bold hue at the main event, Tina opted for her second strapless gown of the evening. Her J. Mendel look glistened so majestically, that I don’t feel like the necklace was needed.

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

Glenn Close: I wish Glenn had worn this Armani jumpsuit to the main event.

Constance Wu: Like Kiki Layne, Constance took advantage of Atelier Versace’s two for one deal. I love how this look feels like it could be from the Gatsby era. Aldo shoes completed her look.

Camila Cabello: I feel like this Monique Lhuillier Fall 2019 gown would’ve worked on someone more mature.

Lake Bell: The actress was smouldering in sexy cut-out Markarian Fall 2018 dress styled with a Cult Gaia bag.

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

Madelaine Petsch: With Madelaine’s complexion you would’ve thought she would steer clear of this ombre Paolo Sebastian gown, but I feel both her red lip and red hair prevented this look from washing her out.

Laura Dern: I am beyond excited that Laura got over that weird experimental phase. She looks so good and fresh in this Elie Saab gown. I think I prefer this over her gown for the main event.

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

Joey King: This Yanina Couture dress is pretty enough, but I think without the Swarovski necklace this look wouldn’t have felt so ageing.

Aubrey Plaza: It was a colourless weekend for Aubrey, who’s final look of the weekend was a signature Saint Laurent mini styled with Christian Louboutin shoes and Ana Khori jewels.

Camila Mendes: I love the bold floral print of this Lela Rose dress. Sweet and feminine, yet impactful enough to stand out on this red carpet. Jimmy Choo shoes and Clean Origin jewels completed her look.

Tiffany Haddish: Just recently I said that I preferred Tiffany in suiting. Well, this Rami Kadi beaded and feathered gown just made me eat my words. This might just be her best ever look. A Jimmy Choo ‘Celeste’ clutch completed the look.

Marina De Tavira: The Mexican actress had a stellar night. While I do prefer her J. Mendel gown for unbridled femininity, this Salvatore Ferragamo gown is breath-taking too.

Paris Jackson: The youngster was serving up classic elegance with a slight edge in Vivienne Westwood. A Jimmy Choo ‘Celeste’ clutch completed the look.

Diane Lane: The union between Diane Lane and Gabriela Hearst was still going strong at the Vanity Fair Party. It might not be one of the stand outs of the night, but she looks impeccable with a Gabriela Hearst ‘Sosa’ clutch completing her look.

Kat Graham: I’m usually a huge fan Maticevski’s designs, but I’m going to need a big bucket of water to digest this. There is just too much going on in an incohesive manner which I can’t get behind.

Emma Roberts: At first I thought this was another Ralph & Russo nude beaded design, but it actually hails – surprisingly from Yanina Couture. Forevermark jewels and Christian Louboutin sandals completed her look. A Jimmy Choo ‘Cloud’ clutch completed the look.

Miley Cyrus: The singer kept thing sleek and sexy in Saint Laurent.

Michelle Yeoh: Wearing her 1,256th Elie Saab Haute Couture gown of awards season, the actress – who I hope doesn’t clap back – looked as beautiful as ever.

Aja Naomi King: The actress channelled her inner Sasha Fierce wearing this bold floral Elie Saab gown styled with Giuseppe Zanotti heels and a sleek high braided ponytail.

Caitriona Balfe: Proving that ’80s can be done in a good way, Caitriona looked sexy and chic in Dundas.

Taylour Paige: Following Kendall Jenner’s look, does mean the slit to the hip-bone dress is trending? The dancer styled her Sebastian Gunawan gown with Sydney Evans earrings and House of CB shoes.

Cobie Smulders: I maybe devastated that ‘Friends from College’ won’t be renewed, but the actress was on top form wearing a mint Elie Saab styled with an L’Afshar clutch.

Tracee Ellis Ross: Usually the topic of conversation due to her larger-than-life red carpet looks, the ‘Black-ish’ star kept things simple in a ravishing red Versace with Christian Louboutin shoes.

Regina Hall: I’m sure you’re happy that the sheerness is superseded by the print on this Georges Chakra Couture gown.

Mireille Enos: This peachy J. Mendel dress was divine on Mireille. A Jimmy Choo clutch and APM Monaco jewels accessorized her look along with that gorgeous smile.

Kiersey Clemons: The young actress continues to prove she’s a style star in the making wearing an Armani Prive dazzling jumpsuit.

Jaime King: The actress kept things tonal in Schiaparelli Haute Couture plus a glossy red lip.

Malin Akerman: I love anything in the sunshine family, so I was instantly drawn to this in Alex Perry dress, which I feel we’ll seen in many more colours going forward, as this look is proving to be very popular. Brian Atwood pumps and a Jimmy Choo clutch completed her look.

Chloe Sevigny: Hello girls. That was my immediate reaction to Chloe in this Preen dress styled with Chopard jewels.

Pom Klementieff: This Prada dress was very muted by Pom’s standards. Repossi jewels completed her look.

Halsey: I have no issue with her tartan Vivienne Westwood Couture dress.. . but that hair. Jimmy Choo ‘Sereno’ sandals completed her look.

Zoey Deutch: This Armani Prive dress is a dream dress, especially when paired with emerald Irene Neuwirth earrings.

Amandla Stenberg: Between the attitude and the boots, I’m totally buying into this Vivienne Westwood Couture look.

Shay Mitchell: The actress was radiant in this dark green Labourjoisie gown styled with Jimmy Choo shoes.

Ellie Goulding: The British singer wore a gold Dundas dress.

Letitia Wright: The ‘Black Panther’ actress tends to stick to neutrals, so I was delighted to see her rock this Erdem Pre-Fall 2019 look in a chartuese hue with Nicholas Kirkwood sandals.

Hailee Steinfeld: All I see is a beautiful flamingo in Elie Saab styled with Swarovski jewels.

Heidi Klum: The model was dressed in Elie Saab Haute Couture with Lorraine Schwartz jewels. I’m not sure if I dislike this, or that I have suddenly become immune.

Brie Larson: Wearing her second Celine dress of the night, I was slightly underwhelmed for one second until I saw the embellishments. Jimmy Choo sandals completed her look.

Lana Condor: The young actress was blooming in Dolce & Gabbana styled with Aspery London jewels.

Taraji P. Henson: Had this Roland Mouret been in any other fabric I would’ve been on board.

Sofia Boutella: The actress wore a bewitching in L’Atelier Sonia Rykiel caped gown styled with Christian Louboutin. I’m sure you’ll agree this was a good sheer dress.

Vanessa Hudgens: You can’t go wrong with a Dundas gold gown, especially when styled with those Rene Caovilla sexy sandals.

Anna Paquin: The actress’ fondness for dresses that are not black continued with this pretty pink Monique Lhuillier Spring 2019 gown.

Isla Fisher: There was plenty of shimmer and shine radiating from Isla’s Jonathan Simkhai gown. I love the way it just nonchantally falls off the shoulder.

Amanda Seyfried: The actress was a heavenly dress in McQueen. Giuseppe Zanotti heels completed her look.

Mindy Kaling: Of all the embellished dresses on this red carpet, Mindy’s Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition piece might just be my favurite for the detailing. You may think this piece didn’t need jewels, but she added Gismondi1754 earrings and rings to the look.

Jennifer Hudson: It was a good night for Jennifer. Both her Elie Saab Haute Couture gown and this Christopher Kane crystal accented number served her well. Sophia Webster shoes completed her look.

Juliette Lewis: I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you that Juliette was wearing Miu Miu. But she’s the first to wear a full animal print version of this dress.

Phew…It’s 5 o’clock somewhere right? I need a drink. 😀

Credit: Getty

Selma Blair In Ralph & Russo Couture - 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Selma Blair In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Models @ The 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Models @ The 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

35 Responses to 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

1. Lashae February 28, 2019 at 7:22 am #

Great job F.C. and other ladies with the coverage this awards season

2. Malvern February 27, 2019 at 1:11 pm #

Glenn Close, Cobie Smulders and Jaime King are my faves here.

Phenomenal coverage Catherine and team! Hope you have a holiday/rest scheduled soon?

3. Renne February 27, 2019 at 10:16 am #

Love Ashlee Simpson and Regina Hall dresses.

4. Camilla February 27, 2019 at 8:31 am #

Frieda Pinto is my best dressed of this post nomination, Tiffany Haddish is also doing well for herself. So many people to see, well done FC!

5. TeaAtTwo February 27, 2019 at 6:31 am #

It seemed influenced by Sarah Paulson’s Prada dress but I really liked Elaine Welteroth’s Celia Krithirioti look. Chrissy Teigen seemed to have a decent night.

6. Serena February 27, 2019 at 5:57 am #

Thank you for your tirelessness in covering the Oscars and VF after party! So many great looks included; I know it’s impossible to show everything, but I am impressed at how much you did include. Best coverage by far in all the media outlets I’ve come across.

A lot of great looks here that ran the gamut. My favorite was Glenn Close’s, esp the beaded sheer overlay. I much preferred this look to the RC one.

Loved the beading on Chloe Grace Moretz’s gown.

Dianna Argon is another favorite, behind Glenn Close. I esp love how the skirt puddles around her feet.

Love Tina Fey’s plisse gown. Probably the best I’ve seen her.

Madelaine’s look is similar to Penelope Cruz’s 2007 and Amy Adams’s 2013 Oscar RC looks.

The doodles on Joey King’s gown gave it a fun whimsy.

While I’m not really a fan of 80s styling, I though Caitriona Balfe looked radiant, esp from the neck up. The hair, makeup, and earrings all worked brilliantly together.

While I loved Jaime King’s gown, I felt the color washed her out.

Amanda Seyfried looked very feminine in her A-line gown.

7. Jessicamara February 27, 2019 at 3:01 am #

Well done Catherine on another wonderful year of covering the Oscars. Time for a well deserved drink

8. Adrian February 26, 2019 at 10:36 pm #

Letitia ftw!
    Chloe looks uncomfortable.
    Diana – so good it made me miss her

9. Chris February 26, 2019 at 9:05 pm #

Of the later added looks, I’m a fan of the looks of Brie, Zoey, Amanda and Sofia Boutella,

Thanks for all the work, Catherine!

10. Kathy February 26, 2019 at 6:55 pm #

• Marina February 26, 2019 at 8:24 pm #

11. JHH February 26, 2019 at 6:26 pm #

Just checked in on this again and see that we have 57 people. When I first looked, Laura was the last person. Amazing job!
    Most of the additional women look good but Vanessa, Shay, and Zoey look fantastic. I am disappointed with Tracee, Brie, and Chloe and pleasantly surprised by Paris.

12. meme February 26, 2019 at 5:53 pm #

Dianna Argon, Glenn Close, Michelle Yeoh, Amanda S. and Mireille all look gorgeous. Mireille and Amanda are my faves. Their dresses are stunning.

Halsey & Heidi look embarassingly bad.

13. TeaAtTwo February 26, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

I love Jamie’s gown but I would have liked to have seen it on a darker blonde or brunette/black or red head. I like Zoey’s look. I’m disappointed with Tracee and Pom’s looks, they feel so safe and bland. Paris be may be looking decent for the first time on the red carpet.

14. chiliam February 26, 2019 at 4:04 pm #

Thank you FC for such an amazing coverage of the night.

15. Susie February 26, 2019 at 2:39 pm #

Thank you Catherine for the amazing coverage!!!

My favorites on this list are Dianna Agron, Caitriona Balfe, Mirelle Enos. Zoey Deutch, and Jennifer Hudson.

16. Ksenia Bradner February 26, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Sophie and Chloe’s LV gowns are basically the same, different color. LV gowns are so repetitive.

17. Caroline February 26, 2019 at 2:06 pm #

What a broing year!

18. Iva February 26, 2019 at 2:02 pm #

Lots of rather decent looks (unlike at the main event).

I like Chloe Grace Moretz (surprisingly), Frieda, Dianna, Glenn, Marina, even Paris, Cobie, Jamie, Letitia (not yet sure on this one), …

19. Camille February 26, 2019 at 1:50 pm #

Thank you FC, as always!!!

20. Tina K February 26, 2019 at 12:46 pm #

Michelle Yeoh’s post : “who I hope doesn’t clap back” 😂, can’t wait for critics roundup. Incredible job as usual this award season Catherine.

21. Chris February 26, 2019 at 11:19 am #

You didn’t feature the after party looks of people like Brie Larson and Lady Gaga. There’s also quite a few other people like Zoey Deutch in Armani Prive, Amanda Seyfried, Jena Malone, Amandla Stenberg, Caitriona Balfe, Tracee Ellis Ross, Nina Dobrev, Pom Klementieff… that weren’t featured yet.
    Also, Julia Roberts in custom Elie Saab from the main ceremony.
    But I understand that it’s hard to feature everyone on a super crowded night like this! I just wanted to point out there’s a few looks missing at this point, and not just from small names.

I like Constance Wu (!), Dianna Agron, Sophie Turner and Glenn Close from this bunch. Chloe is also looking a lot better than usual.

• Chris February 26, 2019 at 11:21 am #

okay, I should’ve read the first two sentences of the post as well, I see you’re still updating, so ignore the first part of the post.

22. CreoleLady February 26, 2019 at 5:19 am #

50 people!! FC, as always, your dedication and stamina amaze! Thank you for such comprehensive coverage.

Freida Pinto, wow, what a sultry surprise. Agree re Glenn Close, I think this after party jumpsuit is far superior to her main event look. America Ferrera also looks glam.

23. Lorelai February 26, 2019 at 4:37 am #

Disappointed mileys vanity fair party look hasnt been covered yet. She wore Ysl and is on the cover of the new vanity fair. That alone should garner a feature seeing as it is a vf party

• Martijn February 26, 2019 at 9:11 am #

Catherine and the rest of the writers have been working extremely hard these days, and this post is going to be updated with many more stars in the coming hours, and the only thing you do is complain because some look is missing… way to recognize the job these people are doing!

Thanks for your amazing coverage Catherine, Heather & Rachel!

• Penny February 26, 2019 at 11:05 am #

Martijn – preach. Thanks so much team. Your coverage has been amazing.

24. AnnaBanana February 26, 2019 at 4:30 am #

It kills me that a majority of them wear better stuff to the after party than the Oscars. In the past few years I’ve looked forward to the VF Party more than the actual event.

25. cs February 26, 2019 at 3:00 am #

Dianna nicely hits both the cool and elegant target.

26. Vizual Ninja February 26, 2019 at 2:58 am #

There are a lot of personal bests here, so far: Tina, Ashlee, Chloe, America(her beauty look mostly). I agree about Glenn, I liked her RC look but this is much better. Diana and Freida looks amazing! I like Cynthia too but hate the shoes.

• JHH February 26, 2019 at 3:26 am #

ITA

• Vizual Ninja February 26, 2019 at 12:56 pm #

Thanks!…There’s another personal best: Tiffany Haddish, she looks so good, the dress fits her personality so well and it’s all so well styled. My other standouts are Aja, Shay, Kiersey, Letitia, Amandla and Hailee. I am disappointed with Tracee and Pom, we know they can do much better. I appreciate Paris for trying but no. And I think Vanessa has been spending too much time with Jlo, that look doesn’t feel very her.

27. TeaAtTwo February 26, 2019 at 2:44 am #

Glenn party look was definitely better than her awards look. Constance definitly didn’t get as good a deal as Kiki did. This dress on Cynthia is far better than all those massive gown she tries to pull off wearing. LV did a better job for Sophie than for Laura but the fit still feels a bit off.

28. Isabela February 26, 2019 at 2:28 am #