Menu

26.02.19

Models @ The 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

We could not leave out the lineup of models at the 2019 Vanity Fair Party on Sunday (February 24) in Beverly Hills, California, where both expected and a few unexpected looks were strutted out.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: On a night where gold got top billing, Rosie ensured that her silver streak was just as alluring. This Atelier Versace gown was polished perfection, striking a balance between sophistication and sultriness. The impeccable fit also made it so successful, as did her streamlined styling including a barely-there pair of Giuseppe Zanotti heels.

Taylor Hill: The model joined the boys’ club with this Ralph Lauren tux — and I love that she delivered a totally different type of drama that didn’t really on sequins or overt sex appeal.

Sara Sampaio: The intense shade of this Armani Prive sequin gown electrified her entrance. I love how the jeweled Chopard earrings reflected the red cap sleeves, with coordinating blue Christian Louboutin heels to complete the look.

Models @ The 2019 Vanity Fair Party2
Alessandra Ambrosio: No surprises with this body-flaunting Zuhair Murad embellished, plisse gown that was undeniably striking despite its familiar feeling for the supermodel. I’m so glad she kept her styling to a minimum with simple Jimmy Choo heels and well-placed Lorraine Schwartz jewels, as the dress was plenty attention-grabbing.

Isabeli Fontana: The strapless, corset silhouette took on a new attitude with this Rami Kadi gown that fused dazzle with draping. Giuseppe Zanotti ankle-wrap sandals finished the ensemble.

Adriana Lima: The femme-fatale vibe was coming on strong thanks to the dramatic styling that included an oxblood-crimson lip and Chopard jewels to go with this Ralph & Russo asymmetrical, slit-to-there gown. But, it was the garter element that made the look feel a bit too forced.

Karolina Kurkova: I like the ruffled fun of this Azzedine Alaia frock — and I do think the black hue and leather belting helps with the twee factor. But, the Messika choker really was so unnecessary here. The Carolina Santo Domingo statement bag was plenty to set off the look.

Stella Maxwell: The embroidered fringe elements of this Atelier Versace gown offered a vintage, flapper mood while her fresh-faced makeup and minimal styling — Christian Louboutin heels and little else — made it modern.

Lais Ribeiro: I love the effervescence and effortlessness of this Georges Hobeika mirrored column gown. Sam Edelman metallic sandals and Messika jewels completed her sleek, sparkling entrance.

Martha Hunt: In this case, I feel as if the black lace of this Monique Lhuillier Fall 2019 gown had a sombre, ageing effect. The haphazard hairstyle didn’t help matters, either.

Emily Ratajkowski: This Brock Collection peplum lace gown offered an intriguing mix of boudoir allure and experimental silhouette. I don’t think I would have liked this on anyone else, but she wears it quite well. Her Jimmy Choo sandals matched the golden-nude palette.

Josephine Skriver: This Anne Barge embroidered ball gown paired with Chopard jewels was darkly romantic, even if her hairstyle made it seem a bit pageant-y.

Toni Garrn: This skin-tone Jean-Louis Sabaji slit and sheer gown left little to the imagination, even if the holographic shimmer effect was a radiant way to wear nude. Hearts on Fire jewels accessorized the look.

Winnie Harlow: This ballet-pink colour of this Monsoori gown was soft and lovely on Winnie. But, I just can’t get past the mass of tulle ruffles. Maybe I’m still suffering from the overload of Linda Cardellini’s look. She styled the dress with Christian Louboutin shoes and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

Shanina Shaik: We’ve seen a lot of slits here, but the gaping one on this Maison Yeya gown was uncomfortably wide and seemingly made for a wardrobe malfunction. Casadei heels and Anita Ko earrings completed the dress.

Naomi Campbell: The queen of the runway hit the red carpet in a beautifully embridoered Alexander McQueen gown. As always, that new wig is giving me life.

Jasmine Tookes: If Naomi is the queen of runway, Jasmine is the queen of this event. Much like last year she leaves me breathless in Zuhair Murad.

Credit: Getty

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Menswear Roundup

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Menswear Roundup

31 Responses to Models @ The 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Serena February 27, 2019 at 6:39 am #

Thanks for all the great coverage. I am really enjoying all the photos and commentary.
    My favorites were Martha Hunt, Jasmine Tookes, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Stella Maxwell.

Martha Hunt – While I’m usually not a fan of all over lace, I loved the gathers. Long and lean is the way to go with this much lace.

Jasmine Tookes – Loved all the layers and her hair and makeup were beautiful. The color of the gown beautifully complemented her skin tone.

Alessandra Ambrosio – Loved the pleated layers in the blue. Just wished it wasn’t so revealing in the chest. The leg was enough. Also loved her hair and makeup.

Stella Maxwell – Loved the updated, modern take on the flapper look.

Karolina Kurkova – I love the ruffles, but I would have preferred it had the dress been more of an A-line and knee length.

Shanna Shaik – That gaping slit looks like a chunk of the skirt has been slashed off.

Winnie Harlow – Did I miss something, but what’s with all the pale patches on her face, arms, and legs?

• The original AB February 27, 2019 at 8:57 am #

Winnie Harlow has a skin condition called Vitiligo that causes pale patches.

2. kane February 26, 2019 at 11:50 pm #

Taylor’s eye make up is too heavy, but she owns everything else.
    Naomi is just such as she matures (not sure how to phrase this, I mean this entirely positively!)
    Josephine and Jasmine look perfectly nice, no complaints.

3. Adrian February 26, 2019 at 10:33 pm #

Rosie shows how it’s fine.
    Taylor – great, sexy nod.
    Lais – yowza.
    Naomi – earns queen title.

4. TeaAtTwo February 26, 2019 at 7:17 pm #

Just seen Naomi added. She looks great, the curly seems to be giving her new lease of style, feels rare to see her in embroidery or print.

5. Fanny February 26, 2019 at 7:10 pm #

Jasmine looks spectacular! Beautiful hair and makeup and a lovely dress.

6. meme February 26, 2019 at 5:44 pm #

Naomi and Jasmine are my favorites. Naomi’s McQueen is stunning.

Love Sara’s Armani; the color is fabulous. I like Josephine’s dress also.

Rosie stuns, as usual, but I’ve seen this dress a hundred times. Love Taylor’s RL tuxedo and it’s perfectly tailored.

Winnie, Emily Ratawhatever and Toni G. look like hot messes.

7. Elena February 26, 2019 at 4:15 pm #

It is interesting to see that when Nathalie wore a Dior suits everybody criticize her (“not even trying, or “not appropriate for the party”) but when Taylor does everybody finds it sooooo amazing!
    Very interesting

8. Iva February 26, 2019 at 1:56 pm #

Rosie, while looking good, is like “I’ve seen this already”. It reminds me too much of her VF after-party dress while she was pregnant: https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2017/02/27/rosie-huntington-whiteley-atelier-versace-2017-vanity-fair-oscar-party/ (and also a bit to her last’s year R&R dress: https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2018/03/05/rosie-huntington-whiteley-ralph-russo-couture-2018-vanity-fair-oscar-party/).

I like Taylor and Stella.

Lais and Joesphine (I prefer her look at the Elton John’s party) are also ok.

In theory I like the dress on Sara, but I’m not sold on this look.

9. SHM February 26, 2019 at 11:42 am #

The top row all look divine!
    Rosie looks so classy, Taylor’s suit is effortlessly chic and I LOVE Sara’s use of colour (Sara and Armani are a great combo).

Surprisingly, most of them look good!

10. Chris February 26, 2019 at 11:24 am #

Taylor Hill looks amazing and is my favorite from this bunch, this redeems the awful Azzaro look from the other day.
    Rosie also looks stunning as always, but it’s nothing she hasn’t done before.
    Sara Sampaio does beautiful, I really like the color.

11. Caroline February 26, 2019 at 11:16 am #

Rosie and Sara.

12. Amy February 26, 2019 at 11:03 am #

This is the first models lineup I can get behind. Most of them are well-dressed and chic. Not the usual slashed garbage.
    Rosie looks lovely but formulaic, this is a mix of her pregnant versace dress and her met ball look.
    Alessandra could have been a hit if it wasn’t so low cut. Always the same neckline and slit. Boring.
    Martha’s dress looks a bit cheap. not her fault but nothing to see here.

13. Kimma February 26, 2019 at 10:28 am #

The top row are all flawless – all so different but beautifully executed. If I had to choose one it would be Rosie. Stella is also lovely.

14. Charlotte February 26, 2019 at 9:31 am #

I love Taylor Hill look!
    So sexy and chic, and unexpected from her.
    Best dressed of the party, IMO.

15. brat February 26, 2019 at 8:27 am #

Jasmine Tookes was left off, I just saw her and she’s leapfrogged over the rest to tie with Rosie for my favorite model of the night. She belongs on any best dressed list.

16. Aurelien February 26, 2019 at 8:07 am #

Rosie is definitely the best here.
    But my favorite of all was Jasmine Tookes, slaying everyone with that burgundy Zuhair Murad gown I’ve waited soooo long for on the red carpet !! gorgeous with her skin tone, regal embellishment and flowing layered train !

• TeaAtTwo February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am #

Looked up Jasmine’s outfit, not my favourite or as good as her look last year but she was working the hell out of it and the dark red look great on her colouring.

17. TeaAtTwo February 26, 2019 at 7:52 am #

Rosie looks amazing. It reminds me design wise of her 2015 Versace Met gala gown. I really like her sandals not having an ankle strap really improve leg line. Taylor Hill is another favourite here. I’m not big on general style but I like that she doesn’t play up the sexy model style with always sheer, plunging, sequins or thigh high al la Alessandra and winnie, Kendall etc. I wish Sara’s gown had been made full length. Karolina was disappointing, usually she gives us something interesting. Winnie’s gown is a mess.

• brat February 26, 2019 at 8:08 am #

Taylor’s beauty look was high-octane glamour. From afar you can’t appreciate it. She’s such a beauty.

18. AnnieOh February 26, 2019 at 6:39 am #

Rosie looks amazing!

19. phee February 26, 2019 at 6:32 am #

Rosie looks best. gorgeous as usual.
    Taylor did an awesome suit job.
    I love Saras color.

Winnie looks horrid. what a mess of dress.

• phee February 28, 2019 at 8:18 pm #

O and I just gotta say, again, how much I love the curly wig on Naomi. Its so so good. It just lifts her whole face. just amazing!

20. Kathy February 26, 2019 at 5:16 am #

Excuse me but I really would like to see Emma Roberts, Vanessa Hudgens. The first girl was a vision

• Fiona-Brasil February 26, 2019 at 11:33 am #

+1.None of the above.

• JHH February 26, 2019 at 5:52 pm #

They are in the Oscar Party wrap up. It’s a huge wrap up.

21. Fee February 26, 2019 at 4:42 am #

The Vanity Fair red carpet outdid the main event. So many good looks here, but Rosie for the win.

22. brat February 26, 2019 at 4:27 am #

Rosie is flawless, so flawless she deserved her own post. I’m giving Kiki best dressed because the silver against her skin has me hypnotized but truth be told, Rosie had the better Versace gown.

I LOVE Taylor Hill and Sara Sampaio.

Isabeli and Stella get honorable mentions. Alessandra is stuck in a style rut but she looked stunning regardless.

The rest of this lot look basic af. The same ole boring drill.

23. Vizual Ninja February 26, 2019 at 4:20 am #

Leave it to Rosie to serve up a high dosage of glamour, easily one of the best of the night. Top row is strong: Taylor’ styling really elevated her look, she’s always the one to deviate from the model norm and I like that. The rest are kinda meh to me but not bad for a model round-.up.

24. JHH February 26, 2019 at 4:13 am #

Rosie, as usual, for the win.

25. Vic February 26, 2019 at 4:07 am #