Menu

December 4, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

2019 Gotham Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Posted by Catherine Kallon
2019 Gotham Awards

Here’s a roundup of the other lovely ladies who joined Laura Dern, Keke Palmer, Chloe Sevigny and Jennifer Lopez on the red carpet for the 2019 IFP Gotham Awards held at Cipriani Wall Street on Monday (December 2) in New York City,

Olivia Wilde:  The actress was a vision in white wearing a chiffon dress with delicate lace details from Miu Miu, which she styled with Sarah Hendler jewels.

2019 Gotham Awards

Natasha Lyonne: The ‘Russian Dolls’ star wore The Vampire’s Wife jet black dress cut to a divine form.  I want to say the David Webb necklace doesn’t work with the pussy bow neckline, but I found myself loving the retro styling.   A Roger Vivier clutch completed her look.

The Vampire’s Wife
2019 Gotham Awards

Beanie Feldstein:  We may be deep into Fall, but the ‘Booksmart’ actress charmed me with her summery Mary Katrantzou butterfly dress from the Spring 2019 collection, which she wore with a green Savage Fenty lime green bra.

Mary Katrantzou Spring 2019
2019 Gotham Awards

Greta Gerwig:  Between the rainbow sequins and the delicate flutter sleeves, what’s not to love about this Temperley London Pre-Fall 2019 dress?

Temperley London Pre-Fall 2019
2019 Gotham Awards

Elisabeth Moss: ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ actress was one of the many stars to opt for a black dress, wearing a Dundas Fall 2019 piece featuring accentuated power shoulders and an embellished raised waist.  Christian Louboutin ‘So Kate’ pumps and a gold clutch completed the look.

Dundas Fall 2019
2019 Gotham Awards

Awkwafina:  Taking home the Best Actress award for her role in ‘The Farewell,’ Awkwafina looked every inch a winner in her elaborately detailed cream gown from J.Mendel’s Spring 2020 collection.

J.Mendel Spring 2020
2019 Gotham Awards

Renée Elise Goldsberry: The Tony Award winner knows a thing or two about gorgeous gown, and this Cong Tri Fall 2019 orange piece, was one for her Hall of Fame.  Chopard jewels completed her look.

Cong Tri Fall 2019
2019 Gotham Awards

Lili Reinhart: The ‘Riverdale’ star goes glam in a mini dress with a sparkling collar and bowtie courtesy of Miu Miu, with shoes following same pattern of play.

2019 Gotham Awards

Julia Stiles:  This kind of elegance is truly appreciated.  The Row’s tuxedo dress continues to be perfect way to marry masculine tailoring with a feminine spirit. The look was completed an ‘Ascot’ satin bag from The Row, which is their signature accessory, and Chopard jewels.

The Row Resort 2020
2019 Gotham Awards

Constance Wu:  The ‘Hustlers’ star wore a Zuhair Murad Spring 2020 pink gown, complementing the look with Irene Neuwirth One of a Kind Pink Tourmaline earrings and pink velvet sandals.

Zuhair Murad Spring 2020
2019 Gotham Awards

Julia Fox:  In terms of slinky dresses at this event, none were more eye-catching than Julia’s Alberta Ferretti Fall 2019 paillette sequin gown. You may remember that Andrea Riseborough wore the silver version of this same gown back in October.

Alberta Ferretti Fall 2019

Credit: Getty

Sofia Carson Wore Giambattista Valli Haute Couture To The 2019 UNICEF Snowflake Ball

Amber Heard Was Effortlessly Chic At The L'Oréal Paris Women Of Worth Awards

Amber Heard Was Effortlessly Chic At The L’Oréal Paris Women Of Worth Awards

12 Responses to 2019 Gotham Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Guest December 6, 2019 at 4:32 pm #

Julia and Renée

2. Guest December 6, 2019 at 2:37 am #

Why is Amber Heard the violent abuser, money extorter, cheater on this runway. Shame on loreal, I will never buy your products again. This is disgraceful to have this proven low life in this event. Where are the morals of the organizers. They obviously don’t have them either. Botcot all l,oreal products.

3. Mady1908 December 5, 2019 at 5:25 pm #

I love Olivia’s dress, she is truly a vision in white, and even if it feels a little bit out-dated, I think she is wearing this with a lot of charm.
    Otherwize, nothing special here, I quite like Julia and Renée.

4. Guest December 5, 2019 at 2:54 pm #

Julia looks amazing and far outclasses the rest of the ladies. I am quite charmed by Olivia’s dress, for some incomprehensible reason. Lili’s dress is an awkward length.

5. Sharon M December 5, 2019 at 12:50 pm #

A lot of these looks were good, but Renée and Julia were my favorites.

6. lmkw December 5, 2019 at 12:39 pm #

Lots to see here. I think these are all good looks which is rare. Stand outs for me are Awkwafina and Beanie.

7. Guest December 5, 2019 at 8:12 am #

Renee out this group. Constance looks nice, her stylist should stick to this kind of tempo when thinking about ‘sassy’ outfits for Constance. Greta looks nice but forgettable.

8. Jess Mara December 5, 2019 at 4:11 am #

Not a bad dressed event with a few exceptions.
    Lili looks like a cigarette lady from the 1920s!!
    Beanies butterfly dress had the chance to be lovely but the green bra ruins the look for me.
    Natasha is just a straight NO!

9. Guest December 5, 2019 at 1:58 am #

Love Constance and Julia Stiles. Classy and elegant. The Dundas and Ferretti dresses are gorgeous on the models, not so much on the women wearing them. Olivia looks like she’s wearing a bridal nightgown.

10. Guest December 5, 2019 at 1:21 am #

Olivia looks like she is wearing a fancy nightgown from the 1800s so that’s a no. Natasha’s look is boring but I celebrate the new albeit just as dull as the other silhouette from Vampire’s Wife. Some of the women needed alterations at the neckline of their dresses: I’m looking at you Beanie, Elizabeth, and Rene plus Elizabeth could use some posture/posing help. Great, Awkwafina (who should have pulled her hair back), and Julia look great. Lili looks cute. Julia looks good but I’ll forget it tomorrow and Constance needs a new stylist.

11. KseniaBradner December 5, 2019 at 12:59 am #

The side boob with the bib is a bit of an eyeroll. I know that’s what the dress is going for; ooh look I’m pretty and innocent….*record scratch* side boob’ but it’s still cliche. That gown is like if Manic Pixie Dream Girl was feeling sexy and went to a gala. Maybe I’m overracting lol and I love Olivia Wilde, but this gown is so contrived even though the sleeves, cuffs, skirt and hem are divine and well-made. Okay, the *bodice* of the gown is annoying, there we go.

I like Natasha’s look even though she’s worn it a million times. It’s very well-styled.

I LOVE Beanie’s look and am thrilled she’s wearing a designer like Mary Katrantzou. I love the green bra.

12. Phee phee December 5, 2019 at 12:15 am #

Olivia has a nostalgic nightie on. It must be super comfy though.
    Natasha just no.
    I love Beanies butterfly dress. Too bad the bra is there but I fully understand why she felt the need to. Its a gorgeous dress and suits her beautifully.
    Renees dress color is fab but I prefer the lines and silhouette of the runways version. The bodice doesn’t fit right on Renee. It just not as sleek on her overall.