Menu

December 4, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Sofia Carson joined Halima Aden and Priyanka Chopra on the red carpet for the 2019 UNICEF Snowflake Ball, held at 60 Wall Street Atrium on Tuesday (December 3) in New York City, where she was the host for the evening.

The actress is no stranger to big tulle gowns or Haute Couture, so some might deem this Giambattista Valli Spring 2016 Haute Couture off-the-shoulder gown as a bit expected.

Some might even have a strong case of déjà vu, but I love impact of the contrasting hues, and I especially love how the bustier fans out with its delicate layers, setting this apart from what I would regard as expected.

Chopard diamonds added some holiday sparkle to the look.

Giambattista Valli Spring 2016 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

Laura Dern Wore Fendi Couture To The 2019 Gotham Awards

Laura Dern Wore Fendi Couture To The 2019 Gotham Awards

2019 Gotham Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2019 Gotham Awards Red Carpet Roundup

17 Responses to Sofia Carson Wore Giambattista Valli Haute Couture To The 2019 UNICEF Snowflake Ball

1. Los_NGLS December 9, 2019 at 4:12 pm #

yay archives!!!

2. Guest December 6, 2019 at 4:34 pm #

She looks absolutely stunning!
    I love her style in general, and this look has everything, not to mention it’s event appropriate

3. Mady1908 December 5, 2019 at 5:26 pm #

I love it, everything about it! She looks absolutely gorgeous !

4. Guest December 5, 2019 at 3:18 pm #

I love Sofia Carson in musicals and her voice is very good and Powerful

5. Sharon M December 5, 2019 at 12:56 pm #

I just don’t like that black ruffle that looks like it slid down too far and has her arms trapped. No.

6. Guest December 5, 2019 at 7:46 am #

I would have preferred it sans necklace but it’s a lovely gown. Having said that, I think she should take a fashion break from Giambattista Valli dresses for a bit.

• Guest December 5, 2019 at 2:00 pm #

Hi Majesty! Agree. Showing range is important to capture fashion sense! But do you check her Stephane Rolland couture, Francesco Sconamiglio couture, Givenchy, Christopher Kane and Michael Kors looks along this last month??? The silver Sconamiglio look for the AMAs two weeks ago was one of her best looks! In addition, RCFA posted a video from Vogue France some weeks ago and Giambattista Valli called her his favourite and they look very familiar… History is full of strong designer-celebrity partnerships and true friendships. Sofia is compared to Audrey since her first Oscar look (I think was Marchesa. Mendel or Monique, don’t remember exactly) and maybe she found her Givenchy…

• Guest December 5, 2019 at 2:32 pm #

Calm down. It was never meant as a dictum, just an opinion, something we’re all allowed to have. I never claimed that she doesn’t wear other designers. Just that her big Valli gown moments can feel repetitive.

7. Guest December 5, 2019 at 2:00 am #

Lose the frou frou bodice and this would be quite lovely.

8. Guest December 4, 2019 at 11:45 pm #

I love everything about it! I’m usually not a fan of GV’s disproportionately tiny bodices, but the contrasting colours and Sofia really make it work. She looks absolutely flawless. And the hair&make-up and gorgeous jewellery give it a timeless feel.

9. KseniaBradner December 4, 2019 at 11:33 pm #

I like Sofia in Giambattista Valli but the design is just dull and desperate to include tulle, like, ‘okay classic gown, let’s add tulle for some interest’. I’m tired of the gown without tulle, and I’m tired of it with tulle. I do like that Sofia isn’t afraid of things that aren’t form-fitting.

10. Guest December 4, 2019 at 11:27 pm #

She is a young and contemporary Audrey Hepburn…. Classy, timeless and perfect for a charity gala…. Halima and Priyanka were gorgeous also… A new trend in this kind of events: Three young and intelligent women with Latin, Asian and African heritage! Role models in fashion and careers! Congrats!

11. Guest December 4, 2019 at 11:26 pm #

The addition of the necklace makes it look a bit mature, still she looks gorgeous and impeccable.

• Guest December 5, 2019 at 2:55 am #

I understand your point but the female masters of ceremonies of events use necklaces in a regular basis to highlight the face and have a little sparkle behind the podium… necklaces more than fashion statements, have production value also.

12. Guest December 4, 2019 at 10:44 pm #

The neckline looks off kilter and the whole effect is lopsided. Not a fan of this at all.

13. Phee phee December 4, 2019 at 10:37 pm #

Something about the bodice. The tiny chest section looks oddly out of proportion? Its throws the whole thing off.
    Also it distinctly looks like her chest is sporting a goatee.
    I find it even worse on the model.
    Its just not working.

• Guest December 4, 2019 at 11:33 pm #

Agree. The proportion is strange (couture sometimes can be a little weird!) but the overall look is impeccable and she looks beautiful as always.