Menu

11.11.18

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Stella McCartney & Givenchy - Remembrance Festival & Remembrance Sunday

Like Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, the mum-to-be was out attending Remembrance Day events over the weekend in London. First of all, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attended the Remembrance Festival on Saturday (November 10) followed by a Remembrance Sunday event.

Remembrance Festival: She pulled a royal rewear and donned a Stella McCartney coat which she previously wore back in January. The belted style worked for her burgeoning baby bump and the somber colour was a respectful choice for the occasion. She completed the elegant look with a Stella McCartney clutch, Manolo Blahnik shoes — and tights. She’s back wearing them after not wearing them during her tour of Australia.

Remembrance Sunday: In black again, she looked refined in a Givenchy coat. The minimalist style might not have revealed much of her baby bump but it suited her elegant minimalist aesthetic and featured a unique layered-effect sleeve.

Credit: Getty

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 'Vox Lux' AFI FEST 2018 Special Screening

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior Haute Couture – ‘Vox Lux’ AFI FEST 2018 Special Screening

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

27 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Stella McCartney & Givenchy – Remembrance Festival & Remembrance Sunday

1. Caroline November 12, 2018 at 1:17 pm #

When are you all going to admit Kate dresses better?

• SilentVisitor November 12, 2018 at 5:21 pm #

The day people like you will stop asking stupid questions like that……to see adults behaving like in a schoolyard is just mind blowing.

MM and KM are two different women; just looking at their background and their interests getting married, they absolutely have nothing in common except whom they chose to marry and soon enough their children

Back to fashion: That Stella McCartney coat looks way better the first time she wore it. The makeup in the first look is bad

The second look is perfect for the occasion

• Caroline November 14, 2018 at 1:39 pm #

Ok except I’m not comparing them as persons just their style so chill.

• Steph November 20, 2018 at 5:15 pm #

Caroline didn’t say anything about comparing Meghan and Kate as women or anything about their background or interests getting married. Her sentence literally says “Kate dresses better”. So there is no need for you to say “back to fashion” because she was talking only about fashion.

And on that note, I agree that Kate dresses better than Meghan overall. At the bare minimum, as far as I can recall, Kate has never shown up at an official function wearing clothes that don’t fit, that are wrinkled/creased beyond belief, or that is so tight that her ill-fitting bra is showing through. I’m not even getting into style, which I think is subjective. This is literally the bare minimum of dressing well.

2. bisbee November 12, 2018 at 12:44 pm #

She looks lovely. My only complaint is the color of her stockings.

3. Giada November 12, 2018 at 12:25 pm #

I like the second look. Lovely coat and hat. Very chic.

The first look is just okay, but I dislike the thighs.

Both makeup-looks are bad.

But to be honest, fashion should be the least of her worries right now, considering the string of PR-fails.

• Ally November 12, 2018 at 1:59 pm #

In light that she’s pregnant with her first child and that’s clearly her main worry right now I would imagine that a handful of people upset about about about a tag on a dress and the overuse of navy is the least of her worries.

4. Luisa November 12, 2018 at 10:44 am #

no one thinks the tights are the wrong colour?

• Catherine Kallon November 20, 2018 at 5:31 pm #

totally

5. TeaAtTwo November 12, 2018 at 10:20 am #

Two appropriate and chic looks. I’ll ignore the make-up in the first if it’s due to pregnancy.

• Laura November 12, 2018 at 1:53 pm #

6. Amanda November 12, 2018 at 1:44 am #

What some might be thinking is bad makeup might actually be melasma or “pregnancy mask” caused by the hormonal changes from her pregnancy. It causes skin discolouration on the cheeks and face. Or the makeup might be an attempt to camouflage it which is not an easy thing to do.

• justme November 12, 2018 at 10:14 am #

Imo, it’s makeup flashback caused by products with SPF in it. She looks fine in other pics/videos from the same event.

7. Fee November 12, 2018 at 1:02 am #

I love, what I can see of the Givenchy, especially for the occassion.

She looks beautiful with all her hair pulled back too.

8. TinaL November 11, 2018 at 10:34 pm #

Both makeups are really bad

9. Ksenia November 11, 2018 at 10:05 pm #

Hey FC, this is completely unrelated to Meghan, but did you see that Christian Siriano Instastory on Tuesday, November 6th where he called out a celeb’s stylist for returning his clothes by literally shoving them in a box (one of the garments wasn’t even his)? The returned clothes included a neon piece and a plastic coat from Spring 2019 and the brown strapless leather dress (Look 2) from Pre-Fall 2018. The pieces sent were kinda Rihanna’s vibe, edgy (for Christian Siriano). They looked like Christian Siriano doing Off White. So I have a hard time believing it’s like Christina Ehrlich or Micaela Erlanger.

I NEED to know who the stylist this is. My Gossip radar is raging.

1. The stylist thinks her clients are above Christian Siriano
    2. The stylist thought the clothes were crap
    3. The stylist/one of the stylist’s assistants is terrible at their job, when returning clothes is like brushing your teeth to a stylist.
    Either way, the stylist/the stylist’s assistant is a jerk.

But WHO COULD IT BE???

• Jewels November 12, 2018 at 9:05 am #

Since when this blog has became a gossip site????

• Ksenia November 12, 2018 at 6:02 pm #

Fashion and gossip are intertwined. Politics (aka gossip) governs who wears what, who gets a custom, why x left her stylist etc.

Clothes are never just clothes. There is a whole ecosystem that runs fashion and Hollywood. Those two whole ecosystems are fueled by gossip. Why be so sanctimonious about gossip? Gossip is how women have protected themselves since the dawn of time. And the juicy gossip is really fun.

10. JHH November 11, 2018 at 9:35 pm #

No to both makeup looks. The second is especially bad. The Givenchy look is very good.

11. Ksenia November 11, 2018 at 9:23 pm #

I will give these two I’m-60-Years Old Chic outfits a pass because it’s about honoring vets. Her Sunday hat is the sh-t. Love the hat. There’s that.

12. justme November 11, 2018 at 8:20 pm #

I still covet that Stella McCartney coat. I liked the neckline of the dress she was wearing underneath. I haven’t ID the brand yet though.

Overall, I do like the Givenchy outfit the best out of the two.

13. Leah November 11, 2018 at 7:26 pm #

I’m not a fan of the McCartney coat this time around as I didn’t find it very flattering and the makeup isn’t great but I love the Givenchy coat! She looks really good!

• Catherine Kallon November 11, 2018 at 7:32 pm #

the makeup is very bad. I agree

• meme November 11, 2018 at 8:14 pm #

Her makeup is terrible. She really needs a new makeup artist.

• Jeanett November 11, 2018 at 8:43 pm #

I think Kates make-up is even wore – and all the time. She wears so much eyeliner and it looks like she does her own make-up (not very well)

• Jas November 12, 2018 at 1:21 am #

Her makeup seems to be getting worse and worse. Enough with the bronzer!

14. brat November 11, 2018 at 6:32 pm #

I like this Givenchy on her.