Menu

11.11.18

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roland Mouret & Alexander McQueen - Remembrance Festival & Remembrance Sunday

After another repeat wear, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge was back to her duties attending Remembrance Day events. Firstly, she stepped out at a festival on Saturday (November 10) in London followed by a Remembrance Sunday event.

Remembrance Festival: Her black Roland Mouret dress was effortlessly chic and the demure silhouette was a respectful choice for the event which commemorated all those who have lost their lives in conflicts. The asymmetrical neckline was the perfect foil to her multiple poppies.

Remembrance Sunday: It was no surprise to see her back in black for the somber occasion — or in Alexander McQueen. The red-trimmed epaulets bring out the poppies and the military touches are a poignant nod to servicemen and women. The plaited updo was a surprise but a wise choice for showcasing the detailed neckline.

Credit: Getty

2018 Baby2Baby Gala

2018 Baby2Baby Gala

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 'Vox Lux' AFI FEST 2018 Special Screening

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior Haute Couture – ‘Vox Lux’ AFI FEST 2018 Special Screening

26 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roland Mouret & Alexander McQueen – Remembrance Festival & Remembrance Sunday

1. Kimma November 12, 2018 at 11:08 am #

I like both. The McQueen gives me Mary Poppins vibes actually.

2. TeaAtTwo November 12, 2018 at 10:25 am #

The first look look, I think she looks elegant and looks her age and maybe even few years younger. The second is a tad costumey but a sweet touch to the occasion but her eye make-up looks a tad harsh though her up-do was perfect.

3. Vuong November 12, 2018 at 3:39 am #

She looks better than ever in the first look. The simple dress just honors her beauty look. Perfect hair and makeup!

• Caroline November 12, 2018 at 1:18 pm #

4. Jas November 12, 2018 at 1:24 am #

Love both looks! The neckline of the Mouret is perfect for the occasion and the poppies and the McQueen is so perfectly styled. She looks great.

5. Caitlin November 12, 2018 at 12:10 am #

I adore both looks, especially the first. That silhouette is perfect on her lean body type, and she just looks so elegant and well put together.

6. AnnieOh November 11, 2018 at 11:48 pm #

I think she looks nice and very regal. I love the McQueen but her make-up is quite heavy and aging.

7. Ksenia November 11, 2018 at 9:25 pm #

WOW: Kate out-dressed Meghan.

I love the placement of the poppy on the Mouret, as it augments the sexy neckline slash.

I love the McQueen coat. THAT is how you be a sartorially interesting royal. It’s also quite totalitarian, which suits a monarchist (LOL)

• Sarah November 12, 2018 at 9:45 am #

“WOW: Kate out-dressed Meghan.”

Can we not

• Paula November 12, 2018 at 4:42 pm #

• Ksenia November 12, 2018 at 6:12 pm #

What is wrong with comparing women? Fashion is part of THE WORK of royals and celebrities in general. As long as it’s about work, it doesn’t hurt feminism to compare women or for women to compete.

By the way, the Cambridges and the Sussexes are CHOOSING to separate themselves from each other with separate courts to support their own brands. So yeah, I am going to compare Meghan and Kate. Whew, the sanctimony.

laineygossipDOTcom/prince-harry-prince-william-reportedly-considering-creation-of-separate-courts/51178?categoryId=1055

• brat November 13, 2018 at 8:14 pm #

Ksenia, right.

I’m so tired of the virtue-signaling moderators on this site, they even come for Catherine. On her own site, and try to tell her what they think is and is not appropriate as far as her commentary. Whew chile, the sanctimony.

8. JHH November 11, 2018 at 9:25 pm #

The first dress is my preference here because it has no hint of the costumeyness of the second. The fit though in the second is perfect. The makeup in the second look is quite bad. It makes her look tired and is aging.

• Giada November 13, 2018 at 3:26 pm #

+1 Even though the second looks is a tad costumey, she looks very regal. And I love her hair. Both great looks.

9. meme November 11, 2018 at 8:16 pm #

I love both dresses and think she looks very regal.

10. justme November 11, 2018 at 8:14 pm #

Oddly enough, the McQueen feels customey considering 1) the occasion (she’s surrounded by people who actually served) and 2) what The Queen and Camilla wore. If she ever rewears it at another event, I’ll be on board.

The Roland Mouret dress is nice.

• Jose November 12, 2018 at 3:37 am #

My thought exactly.
      It’s kinda tone deaf to play dress up with a military-inspired look in front of all the people who actually served and earned their uniform.

• Roxanna November 12, 2018 at 4:57 am #

I disagree, I think the coat is more to honor the occasion than anything else, especially since she’s worn military inspired coats in this event in the past.

• justme November 12, 2018 at 10:09 am #

The line between paying homage and cosplaying is thin and often crossed by Kate lol. But she seems to mean well so I let her be.

11. Leah November 11, 2018 at 7:23 pm #

I think she looks great and regal at both events! I really love her updo with the McQueen coat, very flattering.

FC, will you be covering Princess Charlene wearing Givenchy in Paris this morning? I saw her live and she looked absolutely stunning

• Catherine Kallon November 11, 2018 at 7:37 pm #

I will look out for the pictures. They are not on Getty

• Leah November 11, 2018 at 7:53 pm #

Oh that’s weird, I saw a few on Getty this morning under ‘Charlene of Monaco’ but I was on Getty Images US so maybe that’s why?

12. Anna November 11, 2018 at 6:48 pm #

i see her and i think: Claire Underwood. There was an article about costumes to House of Cards and about WW I uniforms inspiration they took when designing her clothes. I really like it.

• brat November 11, 2018 at 7:20 pm #

Yes. I went to a Yves Saint Laurent exhibit in Seattle. World War II military uniforms were a huge inspiration for all the designers of that time moving forward. That is where the trench coat originated from, it’s now considered a classic and it remains my favorite style of coat.

13. Manel November 11, 2018 at 6:46 pm #

This time she embraces the edginess of McQueen without looking trying too hard or too fashion forward.Very poised and regal.

14. brat November 11, 2018 at 6:19 pm #

I love the military detail to her McQueen coat. Always perfectly tailored.