Menu

02.11.18 Best Dressed

Charlize Theron In Christian Dior - IndieWire Honors 2018

Charlize Theron In Christian Dior – IndieWire Honors 2018

Taylor Schilling In Safiyaa - 2018 Women's Media Awards

Taylor Schilling In Safiyaa – 2018 Women’s Media Awards

18 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex Formal & Eveningwear Australia Tour Looks?

1. Zoey November 5, 2018 at 8:48 am #

Safiyaa all the way! Regal, elegant and effortless. Most memorable for me!
    Her day looks are a tad…meh. And those ankle monitor shoes…no no!

2. TinaL November 4, 2018 at 8:12 am #

Hugo boss and Safiyaa. Maybe she is playing it safe with colors and styles for her first tour, no wow factor or amazing moment. My favorite is the pair of gold earrings from Jason Wu look.

3. Nat123 November 3, 2018 at 1:13 pm #

The only outfit I liked was the Safiyaa dress. All her informal outfits were boring with terrible fitting. I was expecting more from someone who does not care about protocol.

4. Claire November 2, 2018 at 11:30 pm #

Well I guess Meghan doesn’t want people to think that she’s just an arm candy and rather wear clothes that are comfortable and true to herself (brands she wore pre-duchess and sustainable)…for this tour I remember her more on the wonderful speeches that she delivered and the sweet gestures that she’ve made to the ppl she interacted with…fashion is just a bonus for this tour…oh and I’m glad though that it helped several brands to be known and generate work to those in need

5. towanda November 2, 2018 at 10:59 pm #

Hugo Boss and Safiyaa

• JHH November 3, 2018 at 12:38 am #

6. Ksenia November 2, 2018 at 7:33 pm #

Look, I love Meghan. But it’s totally fair to criticize her style when she is one of the most privileged women in the world with every designer and luxury possibility at her fingertips. She *does* have room to push more than Kate.

I want to see if she keeps Jessica Mulroney as her stylist. The next tour will inform us more about her style.

7. Vizual Ninja November 2, 2018 at 4:21 pm #

Totally I agree with Ally. I think, overall, she did well for her first tour with time and maybe with a more experienced team, she’d be stronger, but I have a feeling it won’t make a difference as far negativity towards her goes. My favourite was the Self-Portrait even with tag-gate.. the Scanland and EW were close behind. Her Oscar de la Renta was a great moment, and I liked the Theia as well.

8. Ally November 2, 2018 at 4:09 pm #

Her job on this tour was not to be a fashion model. She had a lot of good looks and a few misses, overall it was a success. It’s disappointing how so much of the commentary on posts lately (not just Meghan’s) are so mean spirited and negative. It’s one thing to critique a dress someone chose to wear its another to call them bland, boring, dull. to criticize their weight and body and to make the criticism personal. This board used to be so much more positive and an escape from the negativity that seems to be everywhere and I don’t think it represents the tone FC tries to set.

• Giada November 2, 2018 at 5:35 pm #

I don’t see the dozens of personal attacks tbh. Up until now, they’re not in this comment-section and usually the comments on posts are constructive.

Furthermore, why can’t some things be mentioned? For instance, I saw somebody comment on her short torso. That’s not critiquing by any means, but just a simple fact. This is after all a website about fashion (and the appearance in general) so things like body shape influence the way an outfit actually fits on a specific type of body. I don’t see the problem with that. She’s apple-shaped. Big deal. *shrugs shoulders*

• angela November 2, 2018 at 5:54 pm #

I agree, she’s an admirable woman. No matter what her fashion choices. So are most featured on here. Fashion is going through an unexciting and dull phase in general anyway, not just the Hollywood red carpets.

9. brat November 2, 2018 at 3:43 pm #

It’s not hard to pick the standouts, as there were few. Her Hugo Boss dress was easily the winner of the informal.

Her Safiyaa for the formal, I don’t know what all the fuss about the De La Renta was about. It looked twee to me, and the shoes were a terrible choice. We see now that she is allowed to wear open toe sandals and those should have been paired with it instead.

10. Giada November 2, 2018 at 3:23 pm #

I voted for the Hugo Boss outfit.

11. Vizual Ninja November 2, 2018 at 3:08 pm #

Collectively; she didn’t do a bad job for her first tour, she just needs a better team to add some refinement but I think she’s great. Even with tag-gate, the Self-Portrait was my favourite, with the EW and Scanlan close behind. The Oscar de la Renta was my favourite formal wear, as it was a nice change of pace and Theia in second.

12. phee November 2, 2018 at 3:07 pm #

so much sameness. such a dull fashion sense.

13. TeaAtTwo November 2, 2018 at 3:06 pm #

It wasn’t awful but she definitely could benefit with a new stylist to make more interesting choices.

14. James November 2, 2018 at 2:59 pm #

Her style is so boring! For someone who has not respected fashion protocol so many times, yoi’d think she’d blow our minds off but not. A myriade of I’ll fitting, bland colors and shape. I know that Royals don’t have the same freedom as First Ladies but thank god we had Mrs Obama’s amazing style to drool over. I wish she had the same stylist as Queen of Jordania or Queen of Spain. They are the best among Royals imo .

• Karola November 2, 2018 at 4:18 pm #

Maybe she prefers to play it safe to take some pressure off her. I’m afraid that Queen Letizia , for example, receives her fair share of rather nasty criticism over her dress choices.