Menu

January 26, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Jameela Jamil In Georges Chakra Couture – 2020 Grammy Awards

Posted by Emily Cieslak
Jameela Jamil In Georges Chakra Couture - 2020 Grammy Awards

More is more. Jameela Jamil proved that to be true on the red carpet for the 2020 Grammys Awards on Sunday (January 26) in Los Angeles.

From the layered ribbons to the mesh panel to the tulle, the dress has a lot going on.

But it all comes together in the design by Georges Chakra Fall 2019 Couture.

‘The Good Place’ actress embraces playful looks on the red carpet, and she nailed it again with this blue number.

While the layers are fun on their own, the sheer panel truly elicits fantasy, creating an illusion of a mini dress and a floor length gown in one.

Who says you have to choose when you can have both?

Jameela stuck with her signature bangs and long locks but dabbled with the color palette by swiping on jewel-toned eyeliner.

She skipped elaborate jewelry or a clutch, as sometimes an over-the-top dress is all you need.

Georges Chakra Fall 2019 Couture

Credit: Georges Chakra & Getty

, , , , , , , , , ,

Gwen Stefani In Dolce & Gabanna - 2020 Grammy Awards

Gwen Stefani In Dolce & Gabanna – 2020 Grammy Awards

Ariana Grande In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture - 2020 Grammy Awards

Ariana Grande In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture – 2020 Grammy Awards

21 Responses to Jameela Jamil In Georges Chakra Couture – 2020 Grammy Awards

1. JohnM219 January 27, 2020 at 6:10 pm #

Works for her but would have like maybe a piece of jewelry or a clutch?

2. Mady1908 January 27, 2020 at 3:53 pm #

I love it, this is striking and perfect for the event. Love the colour, a little lit less on her eyes. But this is one of the best of the night!

3. MissHebble January 27, 2020 at 1:04 pm #

I really like this. Gorgeous colour and the sheer panel is appropriate for the event.

4. Catarina_M January 27, 2020 at 9:27 am #

Hair and makeup are ruining what could have been a great look.

5. Guest January 27, 2020 at 6:01 am #

Am glad of the sheer panel ; opaque from top to bottom would have been overwhelming and boring for grammy. She looks really great. One of her personal best and my best of the night.

6. Guest January 27, 2020 at 1:56 am #

This is very cool and definitely complements her statuesque presence and personality. One of her best looks.

7. Guest January 27, 2020 at 1:38 am #

She looks pretty, as always. I’d love to see a change in hairstyle sometime.

8. Guest January 27, 2020 at 1:15 am #

The sheer panel works a lot better on this dress than it did on another dress we saw from the same collection. I also think it gives a lightness and less of a big gown moment for someone who isn’t a nominee. The ribbon details look beautiful. The hair is a bit same ole’ but gives a less formal feel.

9. KseniaBradner January 27, 2020 at 12:41 am #

I love purple on Jameela, and this silhouette is clearly her favorite. Jameela attended the event as nominee James Blake’s Plus One.

I can’t say I’m a fan her style or of hers, as she essentially stole her body positive movement from the black women she continues to speak over? Not the mention how time and time again she tweets like a jackass before thinking. Her sanctimony is so extraordinary she has become her character on The Good Place.

10. MissCoco January 27, 2020 at 12:41 am #

I really like this! I think is an interesting design and JJ wears it with poise. Love the blue touch in her eyes too

11. Guest January 27, 2020 at 12:40 am #

Nice idea but the sheer panel is completely unnecessary. Love the color.

12. Vizual Ninja January 27, 2020 at 12:30 am #

I like the colour and the details but I agree with the others about the sheer panel, should’ve made it consistent or a mini. Still a good and fun look.

13. lmkw January 27, 2020 at 12:25 am #

Cute! What a fun dress and such a striking color. Love it.

14. Los_NGLS January 27, 2020 at 12:23 am #

I think the sheer panel makes it perfect for the Grammys.

• Los_NGLS January 27, 2020 at 10:33 pm #

I love it even more now!

15. Claudia The Critic January 27, 2020 at 12:22 am #

Nice concept, but I hate the sheer panel

16. Originalmeme January 27, 2020 at 12:20 am #

The sheer panel ruins it.

17. Guest January 27, 2020 at 12:13 am #

The gown looks Grammy-worthy, but she looks a bit uncomfortable selling it – she is pushing her shoulders forward, perhaps the bodice is a bit stiff.

18. Guest January 27, 2020 at 12:11 am #

I am rarely a fan of her style (and her weirdly parted bangs) but this just WORKS. I’m sold! BDOTW contender for sure.

19. Phee phee January 27, 2020 at 12:07 am #

Those blue ribbons are so striking and I can only imagine how much more I would of loved this dress without that stupid sheer panel!
    It would of been a best of, if only the blue went all the way thru instead of breaking up in the middle.

• Phee phee January 27, 2020 at 3:33 am #

Her makeup is so dated looking. from the 80s. Does not match the vibe of her dress in the least. I think thats whats bugging me the most about this look.