Menu

October 29, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Apple TV+’s ‘The Morning Show’ World Premiere

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Apple TV+’s ‘The Morning Show’ World Premiere

Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon kicked off the upcoming debut of their new Apple TV+ series, ‘The Morning Show,’ with a world premiere at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City on Monday (October 28), with a red carpet mixed with A-listers and up-and-coming talent.

Jennifer Aniston:  The Queen of LBD…opted for a VLBD (vintage long black dress) mixing the old (her dress) with the new (her new TV series).  Jennifer was dressed in a James Galanos, a designer known for his clean lines and refinement, so it was easy to see why this dress appealed to the actress.

Krys Marshall: The actress went in a totally different direction where colour, tulle, lace and tiers were in play.  Does this Marc Jacobs look feel a little bit like an old fashioned nightie?  Yes, but she wears it with plenty of flare, and eye makeup that injected even more personality into the look.

Reese Witherspoon:  Hedi Slimane’s obsession with strapless sequin dresses continues with his latest custom creation for Celine.  At this point, I would really like to see a brand new silhouette, or some tulle, a bold colour…something, anything new. Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle Follies’ pumps completed her look.

Naomi Watts: With the Hollywood elite opting for all black, Naomi didn’t get the memo, as she dressed in a Miu Miu Resort 2020 floral embellished dress featuring a pilgrim-style lace collar.  The ladies-who-lunch vibe was complete with Edie Parker clutch and Miu Miu pink pumps.

Bel Powley:  Between the frills, the lace, plus the blue and white china print, I was thoroughly charmed by Bel’s Simone Rocha Spring 2020 dress.

Janina Gavankar:  This Ingie Paris Fall 2019 dress was one of the more sultry outings on this red carpet thanks to the sheerness and the cut outs.

Jodi Balfour:  The South African actress follows Cynthia Addai-Robinson in wearing this Christopher Kane Pre-Fall 2019 dress.  There were reservations about the first outing, because of the shoes and the lace bodysuit.  But I think Jodi appears to have nailed both.

Ella Hunt:  This bustier and trouser combo from Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello, was probably one of the most effortless looks on this red carpet. Eva Fehren jewels completed her look.

Mindy Kaling: Maticevski, the sculptural king can also do simple classics as presented in this asymmetrical LBD.  The Jimmy Choo ‘Sereno’ sandals, ‘Callie’ clutch plus her Chopard jewels elevated the look.

Shantel VanSanten: Am I the only one who thinks Shantel looks like Meghan Markle?  The actress was pulling at my heart strings wearing a black velvet Alessandra Rich Fall 2019 dress, which I feel didn’t need the central slit.

Sarah Jones:  I know I probably shouldn’t,  but I really love this Marc Jacobs Fall 2019 look on Sarah.  The dress looks hella complicated on the runway, but Sarah’s elegant presentation wins me over. This was my favourite on the night.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Helen Mirren's Dotty LBD For 'The Good Liar' World Premiere

Helen Mirren’s Dotty LBD For ‘The Good Liar’ World Premiere

Cynthia Erivo's Explosive Feathers Steal The Spotlight At The 'Harriet' LA Premiere

Cynthia Erivo’s Explosive Feathers Steal The Spotlight At The ‘Harriet’ LA Premiere

16 Responses to Apple TV+’s ‘The Morning Show’ World Premiere

1. Guest November 1, 2019 at 12:42 pm #

Jennifer looks amazing in the gown, as boring as it is, it fits her to perfection. I also love Reese’s dress but agree Celine should offer up something new soon. Also, really happy the Christopher Kane dress got a re-run.

2. Catarina_M October 30, 2019 at 9:28 am #

I don’t know why but I really love Bel’s dress, but those chunky Laurence Dacade platform shoes kills the look for me.

3. Guest October 30, 2019 at 7:04 am #

I wish Bel had worn lighter coloured shoes with her chintzy cloud of a dress, silver was my first thought.
    Jodi’s minimalist sandals are better than the shoes Cynthia’s wore but split in the bodysuit remains and I’d like a more statement sandal with that outfit to give the look book edge.
    I’m really glad Sarah included the runway sleeves and wearing them off the shoulder improved the look.
    I quite adore Naomi’s look, mostly because of the styling. Dearie me, Hedi’s formal looks are already running tired, I hope this Celine doesn’t go to the Met Gala, it’ll be like a Louis Vuitton and Saint Laurent borefest.

4. Guest October 30, 2019 at 2:14 am #

I don’t think I like any of these looks, they range from “meh” (Reese, Mindy, Aniston) to “terrible” (S. Jones, J. Balfour, B. Powley, K. Marshall).

5. Phee phee October 30, 2019 at 2:05 am #

I dont find any of these very good. Actually its more like meh to just really bad.
    Jennifer and Reese being in the meh pile…..the rest are bad.
    I cannot fathom how anyone could love/like Sarahs look. I only see sloppy.

6. Guest October 29, 2019 at 10:28 pm #

Love Ella and Mindy. I think Jen looks good, nothing memorable but she looks good.

I loathe sheer and the Marc Jacobs dress looks much better on the runway IMO.

Naomi looks like she’s wearing a frumpy nightgown.

7. Los_NGLS October 29, 2019 at 8:49 pm #

Favorites:

• Kris in Marc Jacobs. I def see where one would get the nighty vibes, but I think the color, makeup, and perfect shoe really positively overpower everything else. And she looks so happy!
    • Bel in Simone Rochas. She looks like a teacup made of tulle, and I love it.

Honorable Mention:

• Sarah Jones in Marc Jacobs.I love how the dress fit’s each wearer’s ‘vibe’. The model, Jamie Bochert, wears it like armor to an apocalyptic ball. Sarah wears it like romantic dark cloud on a quaint rainy day.

On the Fence:

• Jodi in Christopher Kane. I just am not sure.

Actively Dislike:

• Janina in Ingie Paris. I like the embroidery pattern of the top, but I don’t like the skirt. I think a solid skirt or a continuation of the bodice’s pattern (in a way where the more solid part of the pattern would cover the undies area ) would’ve made a world of difference.
    • Paola102 October 29, 2019 at 9:14 pm #

“Bel in Simone Rochas. She looks like a teacup made of tulle, and I love it.” LOL she def does! reminded me of my vintage china collection…probably why I liked it!

• Los_NGLS October 30, 2019 at 4:49 am #

Yes, the blue & white chinaware! ?

• Guest October 30, 2019 at 8:14 am #

I wish Bel had copied Krys’ shoe choice

• Los_NGLS October 30, 2019 at 2:28 pm #

I am willfully ignoring the shoes because they are black and blend in with the black carpet, lol.

8. Paola102 October 29, 2019 at 8:29 pm #

I love Kris’s dress! lovely colour and fun design. No to the eyeliner though.
    Bel’s dress is very interesting. I especially love how she lined it. The lace detail at the bottom elevate the look for me.
    Janina’s dress could have been so much better with a darker bra and some lining to avoid seing the underwear.
    The rest are meh.

9. Guest October 29, 2019 at 8:22 pm #

I thought Shantel was Meghan Markle ?

• Guest October 30, 2019 at 8:18 am #

I wish Shantel’s dress was floor length like on the model but with slit closed up. I think the look would have had more impact.

10. KseniaBradner October 29, 2019 at 7:59 pm #

Jennifer Aniston’s style is nonexistent.

Krys pulls off the lilac girly dress nicely.

Sarah Jones made that Marc Jacobs much better.

I love Bel’s dress but her black shoes are unsightly.

• Guest October 29, 2019 at 11:41 pm #

Why would anyone wear black shoes with that dress?