Menu

October 30, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Cynthia Erivo  In Marc Jacobs - 'Harriet' LA Premiere

Cynthia Erivo showcased just how fearless she is on the red carpet for the premiere of Focus Features’ ‘Harriet,’ which was held at The Orpheum Theatre on Tuesday (October 29) in Los Angeles, California.

How can one so petite, continuously, and consistently defy the odds?

I look at this feathered gown from the Marc Jacobs Spring 2020 gown, and tell myself that height wasn’t required to pull this off, confidence and presence is the key: both of which Cynthia has in spades.

I adore the zesty shades of pink, blush and peach.

She probably didn’t need as many jewels with this look, as she did with her simple Valentino Haute Couture gown, but I still feel that this is one of Cynthia’s best of 2019; on par with her Tony Awards gown, which was also decked out with feathers.

Marc Jacobs Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , ,

Apple TV+’s ‘The Morning Show’ World Premiere

Apple TV+’s ‘The Morning Show’ World Premiere

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Dons David Koma For The 2019 Harper's Bazaar Women of the Year Awards

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Dons David Koma For The 2019 Harper’s Bazaar Women of the Year Awards

16 Responses to Cynthia Erivo’s Explosive Feathers Steal The Spotlight At The ‘Harriet’ LA Premiere

1. JasLinds October 31, 2019 at 2:14 am #
    1. She has the personality and confidence required.
    2. She looks so happy and comfortable in everything she wears.
    3. The pose for this dress is everything – nips in the waist and breaks up the feathers.
  2. Phee phee October 31, 2019 at 1:01 am #

I actually like this dress. The colors are fresh. I wish I could see more pictures. esp of the neckline area.
    I wish someone else tried it. I wish she would go more modern and sleek instead of frou frou princess-y looks.
    I also wish I could take off her jewelry and nails to make this a cleaner look.

3. MissHebble October 30, 2019 at 7:11 pm #

This is just so joyful! I really like it, especially with that gorgeous smile.

4. Guest October 30, 2019 at 4:04 pm #

Cardi and Gaga are the other petite ones that I could picture owning this gowns. This suits her to a T. As with the Valentino it didn’t want any jewellery or long nails

5. KseniaBradner October 30, 2019 at 3:09 pm #

Cynthia is the PERFECT person for this gown. She is the sun and outfits need to deserve her energy, and this Marc Jacobs does indeed.

6. Guest October 30, 2019 at 2:58 pm #

This looks good on Cynthia and the colors scheme is gorgeous but I am getting molting flamingo vibes from the dress.

7. Paola102 October 30, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

It’s all in the attitude! And Cynthia has it in spades.

8. Guest October 30, 2019 at 2:41 pm #

She’s on a roll!! She makes my jaw drop every. single. time.
    I love everything about this h2t.
    A BDOTY nominee..There. I said it.

9. Los_NGLS October 30, 2019 at 2:24 pm #

This is magnificent! She is entirely owning this look and unbelievably, it is not wearing her in the slightest.

I wouldn’t have guessed this one would’ve looked THIS good off the runway, frankly I didnt even think it looked that good on the runway, lol.

Also, shout out to Marc Jacobs! 30 some-odd years in fashion and HE’S STILL GOT IT, with no signs of slowing down. Truly admirable. Bravo!

10. Guest October 30, 2019 at 11:58 am #

Maybe the height doesn’t matter, what matters is the outfit fitting right and the person having the attitude and confidence to pull it off

I think she looks gorgeous

and I don’t want to sound annoying, but the amount of “petite” comments in every post is starting to feel uncomfortable. Maybe it’s something to think about it

11. Guest October 30, 2019 at 11:56 am #

As someone who is not a fan of her style, I think this is her best look ever and it will go on my BDOTY list! That is how much I love this dress! Kudos to her for pulling it off despite being petite?????

12. Guest October 30, 2019 at 11:53 am #

Cynthia “never boring, always giving us something to talk about” eviro

Omg this is so dramatic and I love it.
    So doesnt give a damn what anyone thinks. she’s gonna wear what she liked.

13. Vizual Ninja October 30, 2019 at 11:47 am #

She definitely has an effervescent spirit, that I love. I’m not a huge fan of the dress as it’s giving me major flamingo vibes, but she did it justice, loved the way she styled it as compared to the runway, the model looks like a rooster/flamingo hybrid.

14. Catarina_M October 30, 2019 at 11:42 am #

She obviously has the attitude to pull this off and doesn’t look swallowed by all those feathers. She looks amazing apart from the greenish hair (it´s fading away, isn’t it? hope so).

15. Guest October 30, 2019 at 11:07 am #

She looks crazy fabulous. I love her confidence and obviously joy Fierce!

16. CharlotteLG October 30, 2019 at 10:37 am #

I like this. The dress is great and it works on her.
    BDOTW.