Menu

April 8, 2020

Cate Blanchett’s Top 10 Red Carpet Moments In Armani Privé Since 2010

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé

Cate Blanchett is known to wear a lot of Alexander McQueen, Roksanda, Maison Margiela, Givenchy and Schiaparelli, but the one designer label we closely association the Australian actress is Giorgio Armani.

Armani Prive to be precise.

So here is a look at my top 10 Cate Blanchett x Armani Privé favourite looks since 2010.

Front Row @ Armani Privé Fall 2011

You may feel that this red suit isn’t oozing with glamour, but what it may lack in glamour, it doubles up in sophistication. That’s what I instantly think of when it comes to Armani – sophistication.  I love how the cuffs gave this look such a modern vibe.

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé

2013 AACTA Awards

Cate was kinda a roll when it came to red Armani Privé looks.  Her bold, body-hugging gown from Armani Privé’s Spring 2009 collection, covered in bright red sequins, was shining brighter than the carpet itself.

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé

2014 Golden Globe Awards

When is Cate at her best?  When she’s giving us modern-old-Hollywood glamour.  This is Cate’s brand of sexy sophistication. It’s not loud.  It’s not in your face, but it does make you go weak at the knees.  Cate loved this dress so much she recycled it in 2018 for Cannes Film Festival.

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé

Giorgio Armani Celebrates Martin Scorsese And Paolo Sorrentino (2014)

This Armani Privé Fall 2012 colourful jumpsuit also had a second outing in 2019, but I loved the simple makeup and shorter hair presented with this look.

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé

2014 Oscars

This nude Armani Privé Fall 2013 dress could’ve been a huge risk had the colour washed Cate out, but some were less concerned with that, as they felt that this dress didn’t stand out as Elie Saab, Marchesa and Zuhair Murad create these style of dresses by the dozen each season.  But I felt that Cate was a vision on the night. It was yet another example of old Hollywood glamour, with a touch of modernity.  And those earrings were to die for. It’s not easy to stand out in a nude dress, but she did.

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé

Cannes Film Festival Chopard Party (2014)

This is easily in my top 3 favourite Cate Blanchett looks of all time.  Along with her Christian Lacorix Haute Couture and her black Givenchy Haute Couture Berlinale gown (which I always reference).  The order changes consistently, but in this list, it is by far my number one.  From the Asian influences, the colour, the shimmer, and makeup which complements the roses, this was simply breath-taking.

2016 Oscars

Thanks to TeaAtTwo for reminding me about this stunning, completely original confection by Armani Privé. The actress floated down the red carpet and to the top many best-dressed list, and has now extended this list to 11.

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé

‘A Star Is Born’ Venice Film Festival Premiere (2018)

This Armani Privé Fall 2018 dress is a close second. No one was able to match this level of glamour and sophistication at this festival.

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé

‘Suspiria’ Venice Film Festival Premiere (2018)

Some might feel that was too close to the former, but the other was charming, but this takes on a whole new persona.  One that is fearless, strong and uncompromising.  I love the energy oozing from this look.

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé

‘Joker’ Venice Film Festival Premiere (2019)

The fact I can add this to my lists while still not loving this hairstyle is a glowing testament of Cate both as a style icon and ambassador for the brand.

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé

The Fashion Awards 2019

After a lot of black Armani Privé dresses, the Australian actress gave us a rare whimsical moment at the Fashion Awards.  Had I viewed this from the back, I would’ve assumed the wearer was Elle Fanning, as this dress sits firmly in her favoured colour palette, but Queen Cate was shining brightly on this jam-packed red carpet.

, ,

Jake Gyllenhaal For Another Man Summer/Autumn 2020

Jake Gyllenhaal For Another Man Summer/Autumn 2020

Kourtney Kardashian Wore Vintage Roberto Cavalli On Instagram

Kourtney Kardashian Wore Vintage Roberto Cavalli On Instagram

27 Responses to Cate Blanchett’s Top 10 Red Carpet Moments In Armani Privé Since 2010

1. Viral Vora April 15, 2020 at 8:58 am #

Nice of you to do a post with the angels singing in the background! or was it just me that heard it when I scrolled down to the Chopard party dress!

I smell a Cate Blanchett best of (not limited to prive) post coming up soon!

also one for Sonam ? and a best of Cannes since 2010

2. Hannah April 12, 2020 at 2:26 pm #

Cate will always be my queen, especially in Armani Privé!

Also, fun fact about the Givenchy Berlinale dress, it was actually referenced from a vintage Givenchy dress from the 50s.
    Dovima can be seen wearing the original (with a similar sculptural neckline) in the film Funny Face:

• TeaAtTwo April 15, 2020 at 8:43 pm #

Thanks for the info 🙂

3. boy April 12, 2020 at 12:58 am #

The blue gown at Chopard’s party in 2014 is probably one of the best looks of the last 10 years.

4. Becca April 11, 2020 at 7:59 pm #

She is a goddess. Thank you for pulling this together

5. Kat April 10, 2020 at 3:12 am #

Overwhelmingly glorious. This made me a little emotional. What a powerful collection of looks. Such a legacy.
    Thanks Catherine for compiling this. Lifted my week xx

6. CN April 9, 2020 at 7:45 pm #

She is such a vision in Armani. I picked the one with the cape. It’s sexy, chic, whimsical—which is really a combination that only Cate pulls off so consistently well.

Can’t wait for the next ones!! Fan Bingbing princess moments? Renee in strapless??? Tilda in HA??? Nicole? Zoe S? 😱🥳😱🥳😱🥳

• Chris April 10, 2020 at 12:20 am #

The Tilda post is a nice idea, I’d definitely be very intrigued to see a post like that!

7. Karen April 9, 2020 at 7:21 pm #

To me, Armani has always been the most consistent fashion house with no competition. Whatever comes out of there is class and chic. These looks just prove it. C Blanchett is perfect to wear these gorgeous works of fashion art.

8. JR April 9, 2020 at 5:19 pm #

Can you add a button for “all of them”??
    I cant choose≥

• anonymous as always April 9, 2020 at 6:43 pm #

+1 me too!!!
      My finalists are the 2016 Oscars dress and the 2014 Chopard Party. I really can’t choose between those two!

9. Chris April 9, 2020 at 1:04 pm #

Thank you so much for this post! So many amazing looks. I still LOVE the red AACTA Awards look and the iconic 2014 Golden Globes gown. But the Cannes Chopard Party and the 2016 Oscars gown have got to be my favorite Armani looks from her.

• Tamia April 9, 2020 at 6:59 pm #

Nobody, bar nobody does it quite like Queen Cate. She is in a class on her own.

10. Cameron Bayley April 8, 2020 at 11:28 pm #

So many wonderful gowns – but that Chopard event one is in a class of its own.

One of my all-time faves for Ms Blanchett is the McQueen gown she wore to Cannes in 2010. It’s unbelievably gorgeous and unforgettable.

11. phee April 8, 2020 at 11:20 pm #

So many stunning looks she’s had. They are all so striking!
    I had a harder time picking a fave but went with the 2014 Cannes Chopard gown. Such a classic from her.

I have always adored the red 2013 AACTA Awards. Such an unique beautiful piece.

And the A Star Is Born’ Venice Film Festival Premiere (2018) look with feathers wrapped around her shoulders….she looks so regal. Elegance personified.

‘Joker’ Venice Film Festival Premiere (2019). That look will be another that sticks in my head. The beads around the dress look like they are glowing. She looks glowing.

Ugh I love her.

12. laulau April 8, 2020 at 10:02 pm #

I missed a few of these when they happened somehow… something about seeing them presented as a group really delivers a shot to the quarentine gloomies 🙂 absolutely divine Madam.

13. Nat39 April 8, 2020 at 9:47 pm #

OMG thank you so much for this list, Catherine! The stunning Armani Prive at the Chopard party (Cannes 2014) still takes my breath away – the striking silhouette and those magical roses against shimmering teal …mesmerizingly beautiful! This look was my BDOTY #1 that year and made my top 10 of the decade.
    My 2nd fave would be her unique and artistic seafoam gown at Oscars 2016 – this look was, hands down, one of the best that year and even ahead of Michelle Obama’s famous gold moment for me.

• Nat39 April 8, 2020 at 10:41 pm #

..Michelle looked gorgeous, no doubt, but Cate won easily for me on the unique captivating beauty of it all.

• Juan April 9, 2020 at 12:22 am #

I love these tipe of.posts, it’s really amazing to be able to read about fashion in such a fun way like this. I really appreciate what you’re doing.

I love Cate and Armani is such a dreamy match for her, she always looks impeccable when she do Armani. J’adore.

14. BarbaraAnn April 8, 2020 at 8:51 pm #

I love these lists! Thanks for everything you do Catherine!

15. jb April 8, 2020 at 8:46 pm #

ugh weak in the knees is right. All of them are amazing. She is just so… magnetic.

16. Fanny April 8, 2020 at 8:01 pm #

So many great looks! I really liked the first one, which is also the only one here I don’t remember seeing before.

17. TeaAtTwo April 8, 2020 at 7:47 pm #

I would give honourable mention to her 2016 Oscars Prive look.

• Catherine Kallon April 8, 2020 at 8:03 pm #

Thanks for reminding me….I will add that as a bonus

• Nat39 April 8, 2020 at 9:58 pm #

One of my top faves, hands down. It was so unique and beautiful – from the refreshing color to the artistic floral applique and breath-taking silhouette, she was glowing!