Menu

Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé – ‘Suspiria’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé - ‘Suspiria’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

When it comes to red carpet style, Cate Blanchett really is in a realm all of her own.

I was blown away by her poise and elegance when I saw her second Armani Privé Fall 2018 look for the Venice Film Festival premiere of ‘Suspiria’, on Saturday (September 1) in Italy.

Beautifully styled with Chopard jewels, I did have one nagging feeling.

And that was deja vu.

I don’t ever recall Cate wearing a look after someone, but this dress immediately made me think of Allison Janney’s Bibhu Mohapatra BAFTAs gown.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Dakota Johnson In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 'Suspiria’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Dakota Johnson In Christian Dior Haute Couture – ‘Suspiria’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

‘Suspiria’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

‘Suspiria’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

27 Responses to Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé – ‘Suspiria’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. Amy September 4, 2018 at 11:20 pm #

Love it

2. Jas September 3, 2018 at 2:18 am #

She is a vision.

3. Real Nat39 September 3, 2018 at 12:23 am #

Gorgeous, but yes, feels like a version of her previous look, unfortunately.

4. Caitlin September 3, 2018 at 12:14 am #

Call me ungrateful but I do wish she hadn’t worn 2x velvet gowns with a lighter top detail in a row. I would’ve been obsessed with this look had it not be prefaced by the (superior, IMO) feathered one yesterday.

5. Phee September 2, 2018 at 7:00 pm #

So regal again…Love her beauty look, its flawless.
    I love the dress. Its very interesting and she looks overall gorgeous. But the sleeve looks a bit large. Makes her arm look gigantic.
    But overall excellent just not as breathtaking her previous Armani.

6. brat September 2, 2018 at 5:58 pm #

How could you bring up that hideous dress in comparison, just because it’s black and gold! I will not hear of this! Lol. the former shall be struck from the record and never mentioned, it is not worthy.

7. brat September 2, 2018 at 5:57 pm #

How could you bring up that hideous ice or in comparison, just because it’s black and gold! I will not hear of this! Lol. the former shall be struck from the record and never mentioned, it is not worthy.

8. Vizual Ninja September 2, 2018 at 5:29 pm #

This woman is the best brand ambassador to ever do it. She executes every look with such finesse, it’s like a gift lol. As for the dress, it’s not as impactful as yesterday’s look but can’t deny how glamourous and beautiful she looks.

• Caroline September 3, 2018 at 1:48 am #

• Jas September 3, 2018 at 2:18 am #

9. Isabela September 2, 2018 at 4:58 pm #

She looks pretty, but i think this is to similar to the other Armani she wore for the A Star Is Born premiere

10. zk September 2, 2018 at 4:46 pm #

this isn’t a groundbreaking look or anything but she truly is the red carpet queen!

11. meme September 2, 2018 at 4:33 pm #

They don’t call Cate the Queen of the red carpet for nothing. She delivers 95% of the time and this is yet another fabulous look (much better than Janney). Cate is killing it. So elegant and regal.

12. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang September 2, 2018 at 2:26 pm #

Cate Blanchett is not being called Queen Cate for nothing!! Her gorgeous face, her graceful posture and elegant aura is what reminiscent of those leading ladies during the Hollywood golden age. E.g. Ingrid Bergman, Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe, Lucille Ball & Katherine Hepburn. She’s untouchable and when she gets it right, the only word to describe Queen Cate is SPLENDID! Head to toe PERFECTION, BDOTY nominee yet again for this Aussie beauty!! Long live Queen Cate, and may your reign last for eternity indeed!! SLAY QUEEN SLAY!!

• brat September 2, 2018 at 5:42 pm #

+1. I’m in the minority here but I prefer this to her first look which was also perfection. She’s only in competition with herself on this red carpet.

13. TeaAtTwo September 2, 2018 at 2:20 pm #

Clear similarities but I prefer the more classical Armani. I’m not as moved with this look as much as the her previous Armani but it’s still a nice look.

• JHH September 2, 2018 at 3:00 pm #

14. Kimma September 2, 2018 at 12:39 pm #

There are no peers to her splendour. Her only competition is to her own previous looks.

15. VG September 2, 2018 at 12:19 pm #

You can really tell the difference between Bibhu Mohapatra and Armani Privé, I hated that dress on Allison Janney but this one in Cate is superb. It’s very similar to yesterday’s gown and not as breathtaking but she’s still the best dressed of the day.

16. TinaL September 2, 2018 at 11:11 am #

Again, the stunning, regal and elegant Cate. She is the Queen of Venice, and probably the best ambassador of the year for Armani Privé. But there’s deja vu, like FC said, feel like we saw the dress before.

17. Elena September 2, 2018 at 11:08 am #

Fashion world would not be the same without Cate!!
    Queen!

18. AnderBoBo September 2, 2018 at 11:06 am #

Another BDOTY-worthy moment from her.

19. JessNess September 2, 2018 at 10:47 am #

Yep. de ja vu

20. RC Fan September 2, 2018 at 10:41 am #

Wow. Just wow! The first thing I even said when I saw the photo was f*ck. In a “good gracious we are not worthy” kind of way.

I also was feeling a sense of deja vu but from the dress yesterday. Black and velvet again.

But when you look this stunning and have such confidence I’d take black and velvet over her suits any day.

• Iva September 2, 2018 at 11:01 am #

21. CreoleLady September 2, 2018 at 10:37 am #

Love.

22. Kiwi September 2, 2018 at 10:26 am #

The sleeve on her is not falling well compared to the model. I also do not think the earrings go very well with the gown. She looks regal though.