Menu

April 8, 2020 Runway To Instagram

Kourtney Kardashian Wore Vintage Roberto Cavalli On Instagram

Kourtney Kardashian Wore Vintage Roberto Cavalli On Instagram

Kourtney Kardashian has been making headlines since she quit – in dramatic fashion – her family’s hit TV show, ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’.

Her latest Instagram post was a throwback image which she captioned, “Throwback to my tail.”

Since I wasn’t immediately sure what this is in reference to, I came up with my own theories as to why she chose now to repost herself wearing this vintage Roberto Cavalli Fall 2000 tiger print dress.

Could it be in reference to this ‘Tiger King’ Netflix series?  I haven’t watched it so this was a wild guess.

Is she proclaiming herself as the ‘Tiger Queen’?

View this post on Instagram

ūüźÖ

A post shared by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on

Or is it a case of “I wore it first? as her sister Kim, wore this jungle-inspired design when she posted her own Instagram picture back in January?

Then I saw the back, and the caption made a bit more sense,  as she had an attached fox fur tail to the dress.

You have to see it to believe this level of poor taste.

Fox tail or not, Kim is the ultimate Cavalli girl, so her look is much preferred here.

Roberto Cavalli Fall 2000

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram

Cate Blanchett’s Top 10 Red Carpet Moments In Armani Privé Since 2010

Cate Blanchett’s Top 10 Red Carpet Moments In Armani Privé Since 2010

Choose Your British Vogue Quarantine House

Choose Your British Vogue Quarantine House

20 Responses to Kourtney Kardashian Wore Vintage Roberto Cavalli On Instagram

1. boy April 12, 2020 at 12:55 am #

I wonder if the gowns are stained inside from all the makeup they use to make their skin several shades darker…
    I’ll take Kourtney’s take on the gown, it’s too expected from Kim.

• Saudin April 12, 2020 at 2:24 am #

They got money to pay for the dry cleaning

• boy April 12, 2020 at 4:36 pm #

there’s only so much dry cleaning archival pieces can take hun

• Saudin April 14, 2020 at 3:00 pm #

No worries hun, mostly wear the stuff only once

• Saudin April 14, 2020 at 11:50 pm #

*they

2. CD April 10, 2020 at 8:09 am #

The tail is literally just stuck on the dress and is completely gratuitous. This is fashion at its worst

3. JR April 9, 2020 at 5:10 pm #

The dress is so tacky in the first place. Gaudy tiger print that looks like something you would find in a shop on Hollywood Blvd.
    Second of all, attaching a real fur tail to an animal print dress is bad taste.

4. phee April 9, 2020 at 4:06 pm #

I actually prefer Kourtneys more natural look.
    I find the dress to be very sensual and fun but Ive always enjoyed Cavallis gowns in the past.

5. Catarina_M April 9, 2020 at 4:06 pm #

I much prefer it on Kourtney.

6. Saudin April 9, 2020 at 11:34 am #

The ‚Äúpoor taste‚ÄĚ comment is unnecessary… this is a classic Cavalli dress and she was having fun while staying at home… As for the fur tail, as you can see, she didn‚Äôt attach it herself, the runway version also has it too…

• Original meme April 9, 2020 at 6:29 pm #

It is in poor taste. The entire family is in poor taste.

• Saudin April 10, 2020 at 7:58 pm #

Still better taste than yours I’m sure

• Original meme April 12, 2020 at 2:34 pm #

Nope, They have zero taste and I have more than that.

• Hilary April 12, 2020 at 9:37 am #

I actually have this dress! The runway version had a tail on it, and was knocking around the internet for a while, before the Kardashians bought it. The non runway versions don’t tie up at the back like that and have no tail, but are otherwise identical.

• FairyPrincess April 14, 2020 at 5:34 pm #

Completely agree, Saudin, it’s Cavalli for pity’s sake! If you are going to start taking his work completely seriously begin by explaining why his phallic use of snakes isn’t humorous or something, because I don’t think you can. I’m sure he loved the exposure. She was probably playing dress up to amuse her children. Times are weird,

7. DSantgo April 9, 2020 at 10:45 am #

I really like this look on Kourtney, much better than on Kim I would say.

I don’t understand the comment about her attaching a fox fur tail to the dress. If you look at the runway picture you can see on the floor some sort of fur attached to the dress, or I am wrong?

• anonymous as always April 9, 2020 at 6:48 pm #

Yeah I think it’s part of the design. I am not a fan of the tail (at all), but I agree, I prefer it on Kourtney.

8. TeaAtTwo April 8, 2020 at 10:17 pm #

I hope that tail is made from fake fur. Whenever I see Kourtney K I think of the clip where she and Kim are arguing and Kim yells ‘You’re the least interesting’ to look at’

• phee April 9, 2020 at 4:02 pm #

ughhh. Now I dislike Kim even more than I did before.

9. laulau April 8, 2020 at 9:55 pm #

Pure Cavalli. Actually this might be the MOST Cavalli of all Cavolli’s. I am not a Cavalli girl (you either are or are not) but every once in a while I see his work and think I should book a trip to Miami and play the part for a few days!