Menu

December 3, 2019

The Fashion Awards 2019 Red Carpet Roundup

The Fashion Awards 2019 Red Carpet Roundup

Here is quick rundown of the other attendees who graced the red carpet at The Fashion Awards 2019 held at Royal Albert Hall on Monday (December 2) in London.

Adut Akech:  Congratulations go to Adut, who was named model of the year at this event.  The 19-year-old South Sudanese-Australian model made history as the first model to appear on the cover of five different September editions of Vogue. This month, she was named to TIME Magazine’s 2019 ‘100 Next’ list, and she’s also the face of ‘Born in Roma,’ Valentino’s latest fragrance.  She was looking as beautiful and statuesque as ever dressed in a velvet and taffeta forest green gown made in collaboration with Pierpaolo Piccioli for Valentino.

Naomi Campbell:   The supermodel was also honored on the night taking home the Fashion Icon award, which brought her to tears.  She has received many accolades during her career, but this was the first time a woman of colour had received this award.   Her Alexander McQueen gown was beautifully complex with engineered embroidered climbing roses made with 3D petals inspired by art nouveau lines.

The Fashion Awards 2019

Eleanor Tomlinson: The British actress is the one person I never tire of seeing in long black gowns, as she always selects interesting options – like this Armani Prive gown – and she just oozes elegance.  This look instantly made me think of Anne Hathaway’s Armani Privé gown worn to the ‘Colossal’ New York premiere.

Sara Sampaio:  As an ambassador, the model has the keys to the Armani Prive archive.  This heavenly piece from the Fall 2013 collection may have needed an updo, but I was enamored nonetheless.

The Fashion Awards 2019

Irina Shayk:  I yet to discover a signature in Riccardo Tisci Burberry gowns.  The only thing that is almost certain, is that Irina Shayk will be wearing one.  I’m not the biggest fan of the colour grey, but I was trying to keep an open mind about this piece.  But the bodice reminded me of those baby sling wraps.

Gugu Mbatha-Raw: The Motherless Brooklyn’ star showed off a bit more skin than usual wearing a blue black Gabriela Hearst Spring 2020 dress with a designers signature ‘Demi’ bag.

Joan Smalls:  The model made up a trio of Stella McCartney’s ‘Angels’ who graced the red carpet at this event.    You’ll be forgiven if you thought this was Mugler or David Koma like I did at first.

Karen Elson:  Both the colour and thread work carried into Karen’s Stella McCartney look.  I just wish the illusion neckline had a more successful transition.

Amber Valletta: I never met a cape dress I didn’t love, but I kinda wish this Stella McCartney felt more luxurious.

Alexa Chung:  It’s not often we see Alexa wearing a gown, but this backless creation from her own ALEXACHUNG collection couldn’t have been a more perfect fit to her preppy style.

Poppy Delevingne:  Some might feel this tiered tulle Oscar de la Renta mini is too twee for Poppy, but love how she brought a fun element to the red carpet, and her pitch perfect accessories which included a Jimmy Choo clutch and shoes, plus a Messika necklace.

Winnie Harlow:  The two models were twinning in Vivienne Westwood gowns and long bobs.  Winnie’s red carpet M.O. is drama, so this corseted raspberry red silk dress from the Spring 2020 collection was perfectly suited. Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed her look.

Jourdan Dunn:  This gold floral Vivienne Westwood dress may have been shorter, but the drama was intensified with the drapery and ruching.

Sabrina Elba:  The model championed colour blocking in a fluorescent pink, yellow and aqua striped chiffon kaftan Ralph & Russo Fall 2019 gown, featuring an encrusted cuff and collar embellished in pearlescent opal stones.

Shanina Shaik: The Australian model was mesmerizing wearing a nude illusion tulle and leopard print embellished Ralph & Russo Couture design, enriched with a dégradé crystal xilion fringe and black devoré ostrich feathers.

Elsa Hosk:  My reaction to Elsa in this Celia Kritharioti custom two-piece was, “is this even real?”  What a remarkable vision.

Nadine Leopold:  The model also wore a Celia Kritharioti look.  This one was more recognisable to the designers uber girlie style.

Adesuwa Aighewi:  You’ll be forgiven if you thought this was FKA twigs, at first.   Nominated for the Model of the Year Award, Adesuwa was decked out in a Dior Spring 2018 Haute Couture black tulle gown accented with velvet inserts embroidered with feather foliage. Messika jewels completed her look.

Bella Thorne:  The actress kept the drama levels high in this Dsquared2 bronzed gown.

Stella Maxwell:  The thigh was also the limit for Stella in Etro.

Naomi Watts: The actress rocked a plush Burberry velvet gown.

Ellie Goulding: I was starting to believe Ellie was back on track, but this Chloe look fell a little short for me at this event.

Liam Payne: I only love the colour, as the fit of this suit is way off.

Maya Henry:  The model looked ethereal wearing a mint and cornflower blue silk chiffon Ralph & Russo Fall 2019 Couture gown, featuring a diagonally hand pleated bodice adorned with plissé silk organza flower and frill embellishment.

Credit: Getty

Ikram Abdi Omar In Ferona - The Fashion Awards 2019

Ikram Abdi Omar In Ferona – The Fashion Awards 2019

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Fashion Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Fashion Awards?

23 Responses to The Fashion Awards 2019 Red Carpet Roundup

1. Noor December 6, 2019 at 2:36 am #

There’s so many good looks. I mention Adet.

2. Guest December 4, 2019 at 7:05 pm #

Shanina’s dress looks like a knock off of JLO’s Met Gala Punk dress

3. Phee phee December 4, 2019 at 4:01 pm #

I find Maya Henrys dress the most striking. The colors are gorgeous. And I love the neck ruffles. She just looks so ethereal there.
    My fave of this group by far.

• Phee phee December 4, 2019 at 4:05 pm #

Naomi Watts looks good.
      Aduts, im not a big fan of the styling. The bag and shoes just dont work well for me. And the giant slit just looks dumb.
      Gugus is very unflattering for her body. Its an unattractive dress.
      Winnie, Sabrina, and Ellie looks darn awful.

4. Guest December 4, 2019 at 11:53 am #

Wow. What a beautiful group of people. But I’m still missing Julia Roberts, Kylie Minogue and Dontalella ?

5. Sharon M December 4, 2019 at 11:52 am #

Adult and Gugu stand out for me.

6. Catarina_M December 4, 2019 at 9:45 am #

Adut and Sara for me.
    Stella doesn’t look like her, I barely recognise her.
    Ellie is awful.

7. Guest December 4, 2019 at 8:40 am #

I can only see Elsa Hosk’s amazing abs!!!
    Wow!
    On another note, I like most of the looks presented here, minus Bella’s and Winnie’s …

8. Guest December 4, 2019 at 6:23 am #

Overall a well-dressed event. Attendees tried to be fashionable and elegant which ive been missing for sometime. First row is glamourous and beautiful. Naomi C kills it in whatever she wears. Naomi Scott on the other hand was one of favourites (i think it will be one of my favourite gowns). So was Poppy because of the fun vibe (perfect styling). I love the refined sultriness exuded by Jourdan which is accentuated by her bob. I would have loved Sabrina elba’s attire ( colour blocking) if it was sleeker silhouette and a different expression. Elsa’s looks very incomplete.

9. Guest December 4, 2019 at 3:38 am #

Love Gugu and Adut. Not so into the Stella trio.

10. Jess Mara December 4, 2019 at 3:02 am #

What a well dressed event. Most look amazing and the ones that don’t still look good. Eleanor and Adut are my favourites

11. Guest December 4, 2019 at 12:20 am #

Love Naomi and Amber.

12. Guest December 3, 2019 at 11:29 pm #

Adut and Naomi Watts. Nadine would be lovely if it didn’t look like it would fall off. The other Naomi looks stale and she’s messing with her face.

13. Guest December 3, 2019 at 9:06 pm #

Elsa showing of her stomach work. We get it, u have good plastic surgeons

Alexa Chung u are not a designer. Stop trying to make fetch happen.

Adut better win best dressed of the week.

14. Guest December 3, 2019 at 8:41 pm #

Adut is just divine.

This was easily one of the best dressed events of 2019. Pretty much everyone looks fantastic! And those who don’t at least look interesting.

Julia Roberts was my best dressed though. I’m sure she’ll get her solo post. Just the most incredible STAR moment, like only a true one can deliver.

15. Guest December 3, 2019 at 8:01 pm #

I love Adut and Gugu here.

16. Guest December 3, 2019 at 7:35 pm #

I could look at Aduts face for hours. She is so beautiful. Winnie’s and Jourdan’s faces look so much alike… never noticed before.

17. Guest December 3, 2019 at 7:13 pm #

So far and shockingly for me, Alexa is one of my favorites here. Eleanor looks great. As usual, Gugu looks good and this is an interesting change for her though I do wish the bag was either an exact match for the dress or more of a contrast. I don’t really like Adut’s dress and think it is too low and Naomi’s is “been there done that” and sheer is not my thing. Both Winnie and Jourdain can do and have done way better than these two ugly dresses. The rest are meh but I look forward to seeing what else is added to this roundup.

18. Vizual Ninja December 3, 2019 at 4:42 pm #

Adut is stunning, and that green looks so amazing on her skintone. I agree with CN, the accessories don’t really add much to the look but it’s still a winner. Congrats to her. I feel like I’ve seen Naomi in this look 100 times, so not particularly excited.

19. KseniaBradner December 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm #

Adut’s green Valentino is DIVINE. I wish we could see it on an A-List star that isn’t Julianne Moore. I want to see non-redheads wear more green on the red carpet. This gown would be a risk for A-Listers, so I want to see it again, but I know that’s unlikely.

Naomi’s gown is very nice.

20. Guest December 3, 2019 at 4:22 pm #

Adut looks amazing in her dress. BDOTW contender.

• Guest December 3, 2019 at 11:10 pm #

21. Guest December 3, 2019 at 4:22 pm #

This green looks incredible on Adut. But IMO this was styled rather poorly. The earrings are perfect but the bangle, bag, and pumps only distract from the beautiful gown.