Menu

November 13, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

2019 Museum Of Modern Art Film Benefit: A Tribute To Laura Dern

Gwendoline Christie in Gucci - 2019 Museum Of Modern Art Film Benefit: A Tribute To Laura Dern

The Museum of Modern Art’s 2019 Film Benefit, presented by Chanel, honored Academy Award–nominated actress Laura Dern on Tuesday (November 12) in New York City.

The Film Benefit was highlighted with a gala dinner and a tribute recognizing Laura’s acclaimed work.

MoMA’s vast film collection includes five of Laura’s films, including Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore (1975), Wild at Heart (1990), A Perfect World (1993), Citizen Ruth (1996), and 99 Homes (2014).

Gwendoline Christie:  I feel a bit cheeky starting this post off with Gwendoline Christie, but the woman is so damn mesmerizing.   Looking as regal as ever, the British actress continues to prove that she’s a fashion force to be reckoned with.

Voluminous balloon sleeves perfectly frame the figure of this winsome, Giles Deacon Couture gown cut from satin.

The crowning moment for this piece was the gold metallic feather accent on the high collar.

Did you find a single crease? No, I didn’t either. That’s because she traveled to the event standing up on a bus.

2019 Museum Of Modern Art Film Benefit: A Tribute To Laura Dern

Laura Dern:   The actress wore a split sleeve Chanel Pre-Fall 2019 dress which was majestic in its own way featuring gold studded details which was amped up with gold Chanel booties.

Naomi Watts:  Also in Chanel, this Fall 2019 Haute Couture dress and jacket combo stood out mostly for its cocoon-style silhouette and dazzling embellishments.  Like Laura, booties were the preferred choice to add an edge to the look.

Chanel Pre-Fall 2019
Chanel Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Recycles Her Smythe Blazer For The Shout's Crisis Volunteer Event

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Recycles Her Smythe Blazer For The Shout’s Crisis Volunteer Event

Kerry Washington Rocks A Floral Jumpsuit On Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Kerry Washington Rocks A Floral Jumpsuit On Jimmy Kimmel Live!

17 Responses to 2019 Museum Of Modern Art Film Benefit: A Tribute To Laura Dern

1. Guest November 14, 2019 at 4:27 am #

Gwendoline looks like she came from the set of Dynasty….

2. Jess Mara November 14, 2019 at 12:30 am #

They all look great but Gwen is the clear best dressed here. I love the gold neckpiece and that fact that the dress is the perfect length for her statuesque frame.

3. Guest November 13, 2019 at 11:50 pm #

Not feeling the love for any of these looks. Gwendolyn’s gown is so Gucci derivative that it makes sense that Catherine thought it was Gucci. The color is dull. Yes, she has no creases in a satin dress which is an accomplishment but other than that this look is just so-so. Laura’s dress is okay. Note to Naomi: ankle boots do not go with everything and also just because an outfit has pockets does not mean that you should use them.

4. alvarospain November 13, 2019 at 9:20 pm #

Gwendoline=BDOTY

5. Guest November 13, 2019 at 7:25 pm #

Gwendoline and Laura both look amazing! Perfect dresses. Love from head to toe on both of them.

6. Phee phee November 13, 2019 at 6:27 pm #

Gwens is interesting. Its not my fave look but she does look confident. I wish the color was a bit deeper and the hair was not at all covering the neck detail.
    I love Lauras dress. Its very pretty. The boots dont quite work unfortunately. Ill never like her one note hair.
    there is not one thing I like about Naomis look.

7. Paola102 November 13, 2019 at 5:58 pm #

The no crease look is commendable as it’s so rare with this fabric. But none of these looks is really very interesting.

8. KseniaBradner November 13, 2019 at 4:48 pm #

I love Gwendoline and her style, but this Gucci gown does nothing for her. We’ve seen it a million times and the indentations on the delicate silk on her bust and below the neckline look cheap. I like Laura’s Chanel and her gold boots somehow don’t offend me. Naomi’s boots really take away from the Couture design, a disappointment. Just let Chanel be pretty.

9. Dominos November 13, 2019 at 4:30 pm #

Ugh I kind of hate Gwendoline’s look – it’s very Linda Evans in Dynasty but not in a good way. It’s a bit aging and think she looks best in more modern looks.

10. Catarina_M November 13, 2019 at 3:02 pm #

Gwendolyn looks imponent and regal.
    I’m glad Laura ditched the runway belt but i hate the booties.
    Naomi looks awful: no to the booties and the jacket it’s very unflattering.

11. Guest November 13, 2019 at 2:51 pm #

I believe Gwendoline is wearing Giles Deacon

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 13, 2019 at 8:30 pm #

thanks.. you are correct.

12. Guest November 13, 2019 at 2:44 pm #

Gwendoline looks a character from a Joan Crawford/film noir type movie.
    Laura looks good. I like Naomi’s outfit but I would swap the booties for pumps or a sandal and wish her bob didn’t look so stiff.

13. P&P November 13, 2019 at 1:16 pm #

Laura Dern is everywhere these days, huh? She really wants that Oscar nom.

Anyway, Gwendolyn looks incredible. She’s always interesting and different.

Naomi Watts is boring.

14. Guest November 13, 2019 at 12:36 pm #

Gwendolyn looks regal and fabulous. I don’t get a film salute to Laura Dern. She really wasn’t doing much until BLL. I’m glad she’s had a career resurgence as I think she’s so talented.

i don’t like either Chanel dresses.

• Guest November 13, 2019 at 3:36 pm #

She is talented and all but she is also Bruce Dern’s daughter. She is more talented than Gwyneth Paltrow but it probably also helped her career to have famous parents. Let’s get real on that. On her dress, I love it but absolutely loathe her boots!

15. Guest November 13, 2019 at 12:24 pm #

Gwendoline looks good.
    I love what she’s wearing
    It’s odd and different