Menu

November 13, 2019

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had a joint engagement on Tuesday morning (November 12), attending Shout’s Crisis Volunteer celebration event, at the Troubadour White City Theatre in London.

The 24/7 text message support service was launched by Prince William, Catherine and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in May 2019.

As always, Catherine looked good wearing a smart work-inspired look.

What immediately caught my eye were her Joseph maroon tapered trousers.

Firstly for the colour, and then for the length.

Does anyone else wish they were just inch or two shorter?

Overall I think I prefer the top half of the look, which featured a simple white top and Smythe blazer.

This blazer had a more successful outing back in October 2018. Do you agree?

Catherine’s favourite Gianvito Rossi black suede pumps and silver jewels. completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Shop the look

, , ,

Charlize Theron Was The Golden Girl For Her Africa Outreach Project

Charlize Theron Was The Golden Girl For Her Africa Outreach Project

2019 Museum Of Modern Art Film Benefit: A Tribute To Laura Dern

2019 Museum Of Modern Art Film Benefit: A Tribute To Laura Dern

11 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Recycles Her Smythe Blazer For The Shout’s Crisis Volunteer Event

1. JasLinds November 14, 2019 at 1:18 am #

Everything she wears is so perfectly tailored and refined.

2. Jess Mara November 14, 2019 at 12:33 am #

I love the berry pants and I don’t have an issue with the length. Very simple and refined look from the Duchess

3. Anya162 November 14, 2019 at 12:20 am #

That jacket is way too tight and form-fitting for a modern female workwear. This looked good like 10 years ago, not novadays.

4. Phee phee November 13, 2019 at 6:18 pm #

very wearable for rl. I like the length of the pants. I would def not want them shorter.
    Its a classy real look. I like both outings of the jacket. They both win really.

5. Guest November 13, 2019 at 2:39 pm #

I like this outfit, I like the colors, the silhouette, and the length of the pants. If you make her pants shorter, it would hit her in an awkward place.

6. Guest November 13, 2019 at 2:36 pm #

I’m not sure about the pump style but I like the outfit a lot and prefer this outing to the previous blazer outing.

7. smo390 November 13, 2019 at 2:32 pm #

disagree. the colors don’t work together here

8. Guest November 13, 2019 at 12:02 pm #

Again my disbelief for people who fawn over her dress sense goes into overdrive . I’d you wear a shrunken jacket like this the trousers should be wider and flowing . The shoes don’t work per usual . The colours don’t work together . She only gets away with this because of her size . I’ve seen better dressed woman outside the gates of Nappy Valley school runs

• Guest November 13, 2019 at 2:11 pm #

What’s a shrunken jacket?

I think the shoes pick up the black in the blazer and belt. Her shirt is neutral, I suppose the blazer could also be considered neutral, so the maroon is a great pop of colour.

I also don’t see anything wrong with wearing slim-cut cropped pants with a fitted blazer, I know many people who wear outfits like this and they too look great. It’s elegant, smart and timeless.

• Guest November 13, 2019 at 11:27 pm #

People don’t really “fawn” over her style though. I think most people just appreciate that she always looks well put together, everything she wears fits her like a glove and she’s not afraid of colour.
      Nobody acts like she’s a modern day style icon.

9. Catarina_M November 13, 2019 at 11:18 am #

Simple and elegant, it’s a win IMO.