Menu

June 28, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Louis Vuitton Unveils Louis Vuitton X: An Immersive Journey

Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton

Louis Vuitton unveiled ‘Louis Vuitton X’, an immersive journey through the House’s 160-year history of creative exchanges and artistic collaborations.

The exhibition marks the world premiere of the Artycapucines collection, original Capucines bags reinterpreted by six leading contemporary artists.

The opening was celebrated with an exclusive event in the presence of celebrities and influencers on Thursday (June 27) in LA.

Alicia Vikander:  It was an absolute no brainer that Alicia would be in attendance.

Having seen a few clips of the exhibition online, the majority of her custom red carpet looks were on display.

Usually her LV outfits present a soft, feminine elegance, but on this occasion the leather Resort 2020 outfit with toe-cap booties gave us a rare look at her edgier side, that probably rings more true to Nicolas Ghesquière style.

Millie Bobby Brown in Louis Vuitton

Millie Bobby Brown: There are many celebrities that attend Louis Vuitton events that aren’t ambassadors, but when I saw MBB in this Resort 2020 outfit, I have to say I was highly intrigued by the pairing.

Millie has the potential to be one of the fashion ‘It girls,’ but because of her age I feel some want to see her only wearing twee dresses.

She totally nailed this look.  I saw it on Instagram without the leather crop, and it looks even better.

The only thing that doesn’t work for me here is the bag.

View this post on Instagram

But what about huh?? @milliebobbybrown

A post shared by Thomas Carter Phillips (@tcarterphillips) on

Laura Harrier: The actress was rocking a Louis Vuitton Resort 2020 sporty, sultry cropped style, that I can picture on Serena Williams or Maria Sharapova.

I love the sandals with the monogrammed straps, but the colourful flowery bag feels a bit random here.

Hailee Steinfeld:  My first reaction to Hailee in this Louis Vuitton Spring 2019 look was, I wish that she’d opted not to wear the vest.  I’m not sure it adds much to the look.

I love the rest of the styling however.

Jennifer Connelly: A Louis  Vuttion even without Jennifer Connelly would be unheard of, so I wasn’t surprised to see the actress in attendance.

As is customary, the most faithful brand ambassador wore a total look from the Resort 2020 collection.

I’m not sure many could pull off a look with edgy biker leather  piece with an antique lace overlay, but Jennifer makes it work.

Riley Keough: If Formula One was ever to bring back their grid girls, this Louis Vuitton Resort 2020 outfit would be a good look for them.

Nina Dobrev: The actress appears to be one of the newest Louis Vuitton ambassadors, which a lot of you are side-eyeing.  But we have to take into account that we probably never would’ve put down Alicia Vikander down as an ambassador, so these things can have a way of surprising us.

Despite saying all that, this outfit doesn’t work for me.  The stripe, check, cashmere sweater, embellished skirt and floral bag.  It’s all a bit of a mish-mash for me.   Perhaps this union is still a work in progress.

Miranda Kerr:  Who knew Louis Vuitton did maternity wear? The supermodel kept things simple with an LBD, letting her LV accessories do the talking.

Orlando Bloom:  I know many of you are instantly turned off by logos, but I love how this look feels like something Orlando would genuinely wear, and that blue hue.   Even his “ugly sneakers” are working for me.

Jaden Smith: Hands up if you knew this was Jaden Smith.  I honestly didn’t recognise him.  I still don’t between the red hair, grills and suit.

Credit: Courtesy of Louis Vuitton

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Front Row @ Jacquemus Menswear Spring 2020

Front Row @ Jacquemus Menswear Spring 2020

The Vogue Beauty Awards: The Winners Edit

The Vogue Beauty Awards: The Winners Edit

18 Responses to Louis Vuitton Unveils Louis Vuitton X: An Immersive Journey

1. Sharon M June 29, 2019 at 1:27 pm #

Millie Bobby Brown looks better without the leather jacket…with it the shoes don’t work…that look needs ankle boots. And Laura Harrier’s shoes are WAY too small…looks painful!

2. Noor June 29, 2019 at 3:50 am #

Hailee & Miranda. Others just a mess

3. Guest June 28, 2019 at 8:16 pm #

While I think the majority of Alicia’s look feels like it came from forever 21, her earrings are everything! You can’t really see them from the photos but in retrospect her jewelry is almost always on point.

4. Phee phee June 28, 2019 at 7:57 pm #

I like Lauras top. Millie is fine.
    Alicia and Jennifer look horrid. As usual in LV. Such cheap looking clothes.
    Jaden looks aged by 30 years or so…not a good look.
    I cant believe Nina went LV. such a sad world….

5. KseniaBradner June 28, 2019 at 6:02 pm #

Nina Dobrev has become a mocktress and it bums me out. Millie shouldn’t be there even though she’s a proper celebrity. Her family works her too much because they make money off her (neither of her parents have jobs outside of Millie Inc.). I do love her look. I like Alicia and Laura. Hailee tried too hard with the socks.

6. Guest June 28, 2019 at 4:21 pm #

Laura, Nina and the fellas are my picks. I don’t actually hate any of the looks but I wouldn’t want to be seen them either bar Laura’s which she’s really selling.

7. Guest June 28, 2019 at 4:19 pm #

LV maker of ugly clothes for famous people. No to everything

8. Guest June 28, 2019 at 3:23 pm #

That dress on MBB remains so very 2009, night out at Vodka Revs (just as one on Sophie Turner the other week was too).

9. OGCaroline June 28, 2019 at 3:03 pm #

Alicia and Laura.

10. Vizual Ninja June 28, 2019 at 2:23 pm #

I’m not buying that look on Alicia. I do like Laura, sans bag, and Hailee here but thats about it .

11. Guest June 28, 2019 at 2:10 pm #

Alicia looks awesome. Laura looks good. I also love Millie’s look – without the bag and leather vest.

12. P&P June 28, 2019 at 1:39 pm #

Wow, didn’t know it was possible to reunite so many ugly outfits in one single event.

13. Guest June 28, 2019 at 1:14 pm #

I like (more or less…) Miranda, Orlando and Millie Bobby Brown. The rest of the looks are pretty ugly, in my opinion. Regarding Millie, I don’t think she has to wear twee dresses because she’s fourteen, but I feel, and I understand that I may very well be mistaken, that a kid of fifteen should not be so overexposed and attend so many adult events. She’s not a little girl any more, but neither is she fully grown yet.

• Guest June 28, 2019 at 1:55 pm #

I agree re: Millie Bobby Brown. Most of the times she does look quite older than a fourteen year old and most of the time I can’t get nor look past that.

14. Jerusa04 June 28, 2019 at 1:06 pm #

So much FUG

15. CharlotteLG June 28, 2019 at 12:57 pm #

This is pretty bad.
    I don’t get what Alicia is wearing, is it a dress ?
    The only thing that I like is Laura skirt.

16. Catarina_M June 28, 2019 at 12:41 pm #

Nooooooo!! I hope that LV don’t ruin MBB as well…

17. Guest June 28, 2019 at 12:37 pm #

LV shows are always one big mess.