Menu

May 9, 2019

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

Fresh from the 2019 Met Gala, a number of Louis Vuitton lovers — and many other starlets — emerged at the front row of the label’s Resort 2020 fashion show on Wednesday (May 8) in New York City.

The LV showing at the Met didn’t exactly impress some of you, so perhaps this front row will land in better place.

Alicia Vikander: As per usual, this floral frock was such an Alicia look — with its relaxed-boho femininity mixed with a structured finish in the geometry of the belt and the pointy booties.

Cate Blanchett: The actress was ever-so-striking in this all-black number; I love how it mixed leather and zipper for a rock-glam edge to the utilitarian aesthetic.

Emma Stone: Wearing one of my favourite colours for the redhead — emerald green — she freshened up the jewel tone with the crispness of the white zipper trousers and pointy heels.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

Laura Harrier: All variations of leather were front and centre here, for an urban-forward take on the traditionally denim jacket and denim skirt set.

Cody Fern: Always impressing with his experimental style, Cody turned heads from top to bottom with the highlighter-yellow colour-blocking of the molded jacket and the orange swath across his stylized sneakers.

Indya Moore: I was nearly getting a mild Met Gala ‘camp’ vibe from Indya here, with her hydrangea headpiece paired with the ruffled blouse and printed mini.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

Léa Seydoux: There was a distinct retro vibe in this set, and the actress rocked the tricky proportions of the cropped, pouf-sleeve blazer and the high-waisted mom jeans.

Jennifer Connelly: Was the dress a bit extra, in its swirling amalgam of colours, prints, and ruffles? Sure, but I love it on Jennifer — especially since she let the art of the design take full stage with her minimal styling.

Nina Dobrev: The sassy schoolgirl look walked on the wild side with this bold-shoulder, animal print, tweed dress that still had plenty of charm when styled with the red satchel and loafers.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

Riley Keough: If I was to say one thing about this look, it is that the zipper jacket just appeared a bit ill-fitting on Riley, which compromised the silhouette as a whole.

Michelle Williams: Sweet and simple, this frock still dazzled with its metallic embellishments.

Julianne Moore: I am not quite sure what was going on with the green velveteen fur haphazardly latched onto this look. But, it was a bit awkward — I would have ripped it off and ditched the handbag, too, so the cooler edge of the checkerboard sleeves could be fully celebrated.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

Karlie Kloss: Basic is always beautiful — and the M.O. — for the supermodel who generally keeps it on the safe side, as we see again here.

Samara Weaving: I love the bold elements of this look — all of them — from the fiery orange lip, to the checkerboard skirt, cobalt clutch, and pointy laced-up booties.

Adèle Exarchopoulos: The autumnal colour palette presented here was lovely with her chocolate locks.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

Natalia Vodianova: This was a darling look — save for the white bib piece.

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner: Continuing to play quite the power couple, they coordinated in black, grays, and reds, with Sophie standing out in her candy-apple-red trousers and bold ruffled sleeves.

Credit: Courtesy of Louis Vuitton

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Rita Ora Rocks A Rebellious Chic Lace Dress On Jimmy Fallon

Rita Ora Rocks A Rebellious Chic Lace Dress On Jimmy Fallon

Anne Hathaway Black & Gold For 'The Hustle' LA Premiere

Anne Hathaway Black & Gold For ‘The Hustle’ LA Premiere

17 Responses to Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Resort 2020

1. Guest May 10, 2019 at 6:21 pm #

i actually like most of the looks here. Maybe because of the pics. The first three i like the best.I like indya’s, sophie’s and julianne’s too. even Nina’s

2. Catarina_M May 10, 2019 at 1:07 pm #

I feel like all the proportions are wrong on a mix match of prints and textiles. Hated it. Can LV please stick to purses and bags and leave clothes alone?

3. Jerusa04 May 10, 2019 at 1:44 am #

This might sound disrespectful but exempting queen Cate, this all seems like clown clothes.

4. Guest May 9, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

All awful except Cate. Some of these would have been good but the shoes ruined it and then if the shoes were okay, then the clothes were horrible. I am still trying to figure out what that green thing is on Julianne.

5. Guest May 9, 2019 at 9:23 pm #

As usual Cate is giving a masterclass in how to stay true to your own aesthetic and rock the hell out of everything she wears.

• Jerusa04 May 10, 2019 at 1:48 am #

Bravo! Well said. Queen Cate forever

6. Guest May 9, 2019 at 8:06 pm #

No Cate! Not you too!

• Jerusa04 May 10, 2019 at 1:47 am #

C’mom she isn’t so bad it’s just head to toe black.

7. HighPriestess May 9, 2019 at 7:58 pm #

LV, awful and uninspired as always.

8. Phee phee May 9, 2019 at 7:50 pm #

Jennifer looks so awful in that twee dress. like a clown.
    Cate and Cody I suppose pass here (Although not Codys sneakers).
    Alicia always wears the same type of stuff. ugh Emma looks old-fashioned here.
    Arghhhh, LV.

• Jerusa04 May 10, 2019 at 1:45 am #

Ha! Glad to see I’m not the only one thinking about clown clothing

9. Guest May 9, 2019 at 7:28 pm #

Alicia does the same type of dress each time. Julianne would have been a favourite here if she had followed your styling tips – you would kill in the celebrity styling biz. Samara, Cody and Jennifer and Lea are ones that look most fine here.

10. Guest May 9, 2019 at 7:04 pm #

I feel as if Louis Vuitton now just does the same sort of collection just with some different prints and colours.

• Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:35 am #

It seems the fabric department does more work in sourcing ludicrous prints and textiles, than the design department does in designing. LVMH really needs to look into LV and Dior before the designers cause irreversible damage to the legacy of these houses.

• Guest May 10, 2019 at 8:46 am #

And Celine too

11. Vizual Ninja May 9, 2019 at 6:41 pm #

I like top row, even Emma. Alicia really knows how to make LV work for her, the clothes are often ugly but she makes it work. Outside of them, I like Michelle & Karlie. Most of the others made my head hurt.

12. WhiteLady May 9, 2019 at 6:30 pm #

Cate and Alicia, followed by Jennifer take this one for me.
    I don’t like Emma’s Stone outfit at all, but the hair & make up and the emerald colour enhance her beauty if that’s even possible.
    LOVE that headpiece on Indya, blue hydrangeas are one of my two favourite flowers and I had them on my wedding bouquet. Is there any chance we could find out which house made the headpiece?