Menu

May 7, 2019

Louis Vuitton @ 2019 Met Gala

Posted by Rachel Watkins
Louis Vuitton @ 2019 Met Gala

A whole league of Louis Vuitton lovelies — and one lad — marched onto the 2019 Met Gala on Monday (May 6) in New York City with all the campy LV cred in tow.

Emma Stone: I love this glitzy jumpsuit on Emma, especially as she echoed the embellishment in her crystallized eye makeup.

Alicia Vikander: As per usual, Alicia delivers plenty of personalized flair when it comes to her LV look. Between the girlish connotations, the ditzy floral, and the space-age elements of this sculpted, ruffle frock and accessories, she did her own brand of camp in top form — right down to the UFO clutch and bold, blue booties

Louis Vuitton @ 2019 Met Gala

Jennifer Connelly: Wearing a Tetris-like, colour-block sequin mini, Jennifer went mod for the night with bold accessories to complement the dress including a single fern-shaped earring, footed chain clutch, and embellished heels

Riley Keough: A dose of sharp edginess was afforded to this otherwise safer, schoolgirl dress by means of the wide leather belt.

Chloë Grace Moretz: It’s hard not to fall for the sassiness of this glinting mini on the starlet — and how the swirl of her hair and spitfire red lip turned up the attitude even further.

Ruth Negga: Even with the gold floral headpiece, the notion of camp was more conservatively spoken here with the printed top and black, sparkly pants.

Laura Harrier: I hardly recognized Laura with her white-blonde pixie, as she walked on the wild side with this leopard-inspired number.

Louis Vuitton @ 2019 Met Gala

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner: The couple were twinners in all the best ways, brilliantly coordinating the bright, geometric motifs of their outfits. I love a good matchy-matchy moment that looks effortless and not forced.

Indya Moore: This slinky LGD — little gold dress — was infused with additional fire by way of her red accents and that face fascinator, not to mention the braid that was so long she looped it around her finger and carried it like a tail — or a whip.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Dakota Johnson In Gucci - 2019 Met Gala

Dakota Johnson In Gucci – 2019 Met Gala

Lady Gaga's Four Brandon Maxwell Looks For The 2019 Met Gala

Lady Gaga’s Four Brandon Maxwell Looks For The 2019 Met Gala

31 Responses to Louis Vuitton @ 2019 Met Gala

1. Guest May 8, 2019 at 9:50 pm #

Did they ALL have to wear the same belt?!
    I like Alicia’s look.

2. Charlotte2019 May 8, 2019 at 6:02 am #

this is such a sad bunch,they could’ve done so much better

3. Charlotte2019 May 8, 2019 at 5:56 am #

LV fucked em up,period.

4. Guest May 7, 2019 at 6:49 pm #

To me, camp is over the top, sequins, Liberace, Studio 54, feathers, fringe, 80s, sparkles, over the top. You dont get more camp than a fully sequined jumpsuit….Emma looks great- could have stepped off the Dynasty set.

5. HighPriestess May 7, 2019 at 3:14 pm #

The clothes are beautiful but SO boring for the event.

6. OGCaroline May 7, 2019 at 1:47 pm #

Where’s the theme?

7. alvarospain May 7, 2019 at 1:43 pm #

Any of these looks are camp for me (maybe Chloe and Indya a little bit…).

8. NZ May 7, 2019 at 12:48 pm #

The LV table must have the most bland table at the MET

9. Guest May 7, 2019 at 10:56 am #

LV doesn’t so Camp – so no one fit the theme here. A big meh

10. Guest May 7, 2019 at 10:27 am #

I only like Sophie and Joe here because their looks are cohesive as a couple. But honestly, LV is embarrassing sometimes.

11. Guest May 7, 2019 at 9:38 am #

Actually I love Emma Stone and Jennifer Connelly looks but not for Met Gala and not for the theme…

12. Catarina_M May 7, 2019 at 8:35 am #

And they insist on LV. Please stop.

13. Guest May 7, 2019 at 8:34 am #

I actually really like Joe and Sophie’s couple look, more than Nick and Priyanka’s but not as much as Benedict Cumberbatch and his wife’s. Laura had a Kitsch Star Trek vibe. But in general I want LV banned from the Met Gala as they’re so boring and one note and never really in the spirit of theme. Take current Saint Laurent and new Celine too.

14. Guest May 7, 2019 at 8:24 am #

Even though most if not all of them are not on theme I really like most of these looks (Alicia, Jennifer, Indya and Riley)

15. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:49 am #

A shame, whilst I like most of the looks, only Chloe hits the theme. Not really LV’s night.

16. Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:34 am #

I love the relaxed vibe of Emma’s look, although it’s not feeling on theme at all.
    I love Alicia’s look and think it actually is a little bit camp.
    I love Jennifer’s look, just not for this event necessarily.

17. AnnaBanana87 May 7, 2019 at 7:34 am #

Ugh LV please set Emma Stone free. She’s better than this

18. Guest May 7, 2019 at 6:26 am #

I respect what Indya, Laura, Alicia, Ruth, Chloe, Sophie and their stylists did here
    Even though the clothes are awful and off-the-topic but I can feel that they and their stylists are trying to make their looks more close to the theme through hairstyle and accessories
    Others are not even trying. Emma be like ‘I’ve got that million dollar endorsement contract and they pay me to use their luxurious bags so who gives a damn whether my looks are good or not’

19. Guest May 7, 2019 at 6:19 am #

You know what I actually really love Alicia’s look, I would have preferred last years eyeliner look for this theme but I still think she looks good. Camp is about wearing something you believe in without trying to be ironic and Alicia loves the futuristic milkmaid look so she’s right on theme haha. However it makes me sad that Emma stone is a louis vuitton girl, i think she could have had a spectacular look if it wasn’t for her contract. But I guess the money is better than serving looks.

20. Guest May 7, 2019 at 6:13 am #

I kinda like Sophie & Alicia’s looks, but others are totally no.
    I really don’t know why LV would waste money to buy table at Met Gala every year and bring bunch of ambassadors but have never given them dresses that are follow the theme or at least beautiful to look at.
    What most brands looking for are promotion and publicity, but LV’s dresses are overshadowed by other brands’ dresses every time. They pay a lot of money just to show off they are a super rich brand?

21. Guest May 7, 2019 at 6:08 am #

Can all of them appear on the worst dressed list collectively cause they deserve it. The disrespect.
    A yawn fest. Emma stone, this is the worst we have seen u.

22. Guest May 7, 2019 at 6:05 am #

Joe and Sophie’s looks scream “we borrowed from last year’s Versace” more than custom Louis Vuitton

• Guest May 7, 2019 at 6:21 am #

I know right! When I first saw Sophie I was shocked because I thought she had finally broken off from Louis Vuitton only to be disappointed

23. Vu0n9 May 7, 2019 at 5:41 am #

LV should stick to making bags.

24. Guest May 7, 2019 at 5:35 am #

I would ban LV from Met Gala.
    Evert year the same story – they all just wear the regular (latest) collection and rarely anyone even remotely sticks to the theme.
    Not to mention that I don’t like their regular collections.

I like Emma Stone’s jumpsuit – but for a different occassion.

25. Guest May 7, 2019 at 5:26 am #

I’m just gonna go ahead and say no/underwhelming to all of them. They look just as bad as the typical LV front row recap. At least Jennifer does not look like she is wearing all of her clothes at once this time.

• Guest May 7, 2019 at 7:19 am #

Exactly…oh my they look so dated even kitsch except for Negga

26. Phee phee May 7, 2019 at 5:21 am #

wow LV. you really know how to NOT bring it to the Met Gala. How sad.
    I sooo wish these ladies would step away from LV. Just such mediocre looks.
    Indya is the best for on theme here. Emma Ould of looked ok on any other night.
    Alicia and Riley didn’t even try.
    LV just makes me peeved.

27. JasLinds May 7, 2019 at 5:12 am #

LV was by far the most disappointing designer at the Met Gala

• mokka__ May 7, 2019 at 12:14 pm #

Every year I wonder why they even bother to attend.

• Guest May 7, 2019 at 1:03 pm #

Right? This was so boring and uninspiring.