Menu

Lupita Nyongo’o In MSGM – Variety ‘Black Panther’ New York Screening

Lupita Nyongo'o In MSGM - Variety 'Black Panther' Screening

A year on, and Lupita Nyong’o and Michael B. Jordan are still attending screenings for ‘Black Panther.’ At this point, they’ve probably seen it more times than I have.

Not that I’m complaining, as this gives me yet another opportunity to marvel at Lupita Nyong’o’s style.

Lupita Nyong’o: Foil and florals. It’s not an expected combination, but this MSGM Fall 2018 two-piece surprisingly works plus it perfectly encapsulates the collection’s preoccupation with clashing prints and textures. Lupita’s style statement continued to her metallic silver Stuart Weitzman Jerry plaforms. Is this a look you can get on board with? It’s a lot to take in.

Michael B. Jordan: The actor was once again giving me ‘meh’. Yes, it’s only a screening, but I really miss his more dynamic days.

MSGM Foil Effect Shirt
MSGM Floral Pleated Skirt

Stuart Weitzman Jerry Platforms

Credit: Vogue.com & Andrew Morales/Variety/Shutterstock

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Gemma Chan Shines in Classic Beauty Look at 2019 Golden Globes

Gemma Chan Shines in Classic Beauty Look at 2019 Golden Globes

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Angela Sarafyan In Julien Macdonald - Premiere Of HBO’s ‘True Detective’ Season 3

Angela Sarafyan In Julien Macdonald – Premiere Of HBO’s ‘True Detective’ Season 3

10 Responses to Lupita Nyongo’o In MSGM – Variety ‘Black Panther’ New York Screening

1. kane January 13, 2019 at 12:10 am #

Her worst look ever. EVER.

2. Ksenia Bradner January 11, 2019 at 9:00 pm #

I love MSGM but the shine doesn’t translate in photographs, it just looks cheap.

3. TeaAtTwo January 11, 2019 at 7:48 pm #

I thought Lupita’s outfit was just dowdy at first sight but the foil effect gives it some cool. I like Michael’s outfit.

4. High Priestess January 11, 2019 at 6:56 pm #

Not even Goddess Lupita can pull off that mess.

• Amanda F January 12, 2019 at 6:01 am #

5. justme January 11, 2019 at 5:53 pm #

Lupita should have opted for a muted blue shirt. The combination of the shirt and the skirt is way too much. Also, mules in the middle of winter in NYC? Ok.

Michael should have never changed stylists. Jeff Kim was a perfect match for him.

6. Cara January 11, 2019 at 5:18 pm #

I don’t mind the pieces in terms of shape or color but the print where it intentionally looks rumpled is really jarring and the metallic sheen isn’t helping. Here the shirt could really be OK but perhaps a more muted skirt. Even if she did something like a black velvet skirt the rumpled appearance of the shirt would be edgy whereas here the two pieces together just look messy.

7. JHH January 11, 2019 at 4:45 pm #

I’ve been looking at Lupita’s outlook for several minutes to try and decide if I like it. Initially, I did not and that feeling continues. There is just too much wrong with the pieces. The oversized shirt and the crinkly fabric make her shoulders look big and the top half look sloppy. Maybe the skirt with a simple black blouse or the skirt worn out over some black slim fit pants or jeans would have worked but together this is just too much and the addition of the silver shoes adds to that.

8. Caroline January 11, 2019 at 4:25 pm #