Menu

11.09.18 Menswear

Entertainment Weekly’s Must List Party At The Toronto Film Festival

Entertainment Weekly's Must List Party At The Toronto Film Festival

A number of stars were at Entertainment Weekly’s Must List Party during the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival on Saturday (September 8) in Canada.

Maggie Gyllenhaal: It’s been some time since we’ve seen Maggie on the red carpet, but she made a sweet return in this pink Calvin Klein dress. It’s a refreshing, lighter colourway that we don’t often see the actress wear. However, I will have to choose to ignore the shoes.

Timothée Chalamet: I had high hopes for Timothée after his last look. This Haider Ackermann Fall 2018 velvet ensemble was fine, but didn’t quite have the same impact.

Cynthia Erivo: At the ‘Widows’ premiere, Cynthia wore a similar overlay design. This Stella McCartney Fall 2018 look was complex and intriguing, so I’m not surprised she shortened the original runway version to make it a bit more manageable.

Entertainment Weekly's Must List Party At The Toronto Film Festival

Amandla Stenberg: Continuing to radically switch up her style — much to our delight — this time out, she fully committed to a baby-blue Prada paillette gown look with quirky hair and makeup to personalize the look in a way only she can.

Sabrina Carpenter: This Versace Spring 2018 dress may resonate as familiar to you, as Nicole Kidman previously wore the pink bold-shoulder frock. I’m not sure she has quite the same presence as Nicole, although the look may have been more powerful had she worn her hair up to show off the full structure of the design.

Regina Hall: I realize the blue fringe was an effort to sass up this Vatanika black wrap dress, but I kinda just wanted it to go away.

Credit: Getty

'If Beale Street Could Talk' Toronto International Film Festival Premiere

‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Toronto International Film Festival Premiere

2018 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

2018 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

13 Responses to Entertainment Weekly’s Must List Party At The Toronto Film Festival

1. Onegin September 11, 2018 at 8:27 pm #

I agree about Timothee. This is a let down after that beautiful suit but I’ve learned never to expect a male celeb to be consistent in their style. Even Chadwick has been disappointing recently. Haider Ackermann has a history of much more beautiful creations but maybe Timothee/his team just don’t want him to be too much into fashion?

2. Vizual Ninja September 11, 2018 at 3:22 pm #

Amandla’ quirky styling paid off so well this time around, she looks cute. Love Regina’ hair but the added frill looks cheap. That’s a great look for Maggie, the colour is nice on her.

3. meme September 11, 2018 at 2:38 pm #

Timothee is the only good look here. The rest are awful and just say no to blue eyeshadow.

• JHH September 11, 2018 at 6:09 pm #

4. Chris September 11, 2018 at 2:37 pm #

Amandla is my favorite here. Maggie looks lovely as well, though. Hate the Stella McCartney Cynthia is wearing, she deserves better.

5. Caroline September 11, 2018 at 2:23 pm #

Love Amandla here.

• Nadine Hughey September 11, 2018 at 11:02 pm #

6. TeaAtTwo September 11, 2018 at 1:43 pm #

I don’t really like any outfit here. Amandla styling gives her dress a bit of edge. Cynthia should have ran away from that dreadful McCartney outfit.

7. Alina September 11, 2018 at 11:58 am #

Meh…

8. The original AB September 11, 2018 at 10:59 am #

My favourite look here is Timothee Chalamet. Cynthia Erivo’s look for me is a WDOTY contender.

9. Hailey September 11, 2018 at 7:22 am #

I usually don’t like Maggie’s style at all, but I am in love with her dress here! She looks beautiful.

10. Maya September 11, 2018 at 4:10 am #

I love Maggie’s dress! Not sure it’s necessarily the greatest color for her (it still looks good, but might “pop” more on someone else, and like Rachel I’m making myself ignore those shoes.

11. Vuong September 11, 2018 at 4:06 am #

Timothee looks so elegant and sophisticated! I’ve started a style crush on him. BTOTW contender!

Amandla’s dress is bland, but she works it so well with her styling. Simultaneously chic and playful at the same time. Love it!