Menu

13.07.15

Ashley Madekwe In Self-Portrait & Saint Laurent - 20th Century Fox Party & Entertainment Weekly’s Annual Comic-Con Party

Ashley Madekwe attended Comic-Con 2015 for the 20th Century Fox Party and Entertainment Weekly’s Annual Comic-Con Party this weekend in San Diego, California.

20th Century Fox Party: The British actress’ red carpet look was sharpened once again by this Self Portrait two-piece look. Brimming with stand-out allure and graphic appeal, the ultra-chic look was styled with her staple accessories which always seem to do the trick. This was one of my favourite looks from Comic-Con this weekend. You may remember that Willow Shields wore the same look to the Kids Choice Awards.

Entertainment Weekly’s Annual Comic-Con Party: Mixing metals has always been a no-non in my book, yet I can’t deny how hot Ashley looks mixing her gold Saint Laurent frock with silver metallic pumps. Does anyone else feel that this would’ve looked even better had the skirt been shortened?

self portrait

Self-Portrait Mono Checked Cropped TopSelfridges
Self-Portrait Monochrome Checked CulottesSelfridges

Credit: Getty

Alicia Vikander In Proenza Schouler & Rosetta Getty - 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E.' Panel & Entertainment Weekly’s Annual Comic-Con Party

Alicia Vikander In Proenza Schouler & Rosetta Getty – ‘The Man from U.N.C.L.E.’ Panel & Entertainment Weekly’s Annual Comic-Con Party

Lea Michele In Zimmermann, Tanya Taylor, Jonathan Simkhai & Zuhair Murad - Comic-Con 2015

Lea Michele In Zimmermann, Tanya Taylor, Jonathan Simkhai & Zuhair Murad – Comic-Con 2015

19 Responses to Ashley Madekwe In Self-Portrait & Saint Laurent – 20th Century Fox Party & Entertainment Weekly’s Annual Comic-Con Party

1. kane July 13, 2015 at 10:47 pm #

I love the first look.

2. pinksugar July 13, 2015 at 8:25 pm #

I usually love her style but I am not feeling either of these looks. I’ve come to expect more from her.

3. Bailey July 13, 2015 at 8:23 pm #

Love the first look, so cool and fun. Prefer the hair and makeup of her second look though, its beautiful!

4. amy July 13, 2015 at 6:48 pm #

the first look is flawless.

5. justme July 13, 2015 at 1:38 pm #

The first look is perfect. Genius move to tape the top on her torso so that her ensemble looks like a jumpsuit instead of two pieces.

I’m not a fan of the gold dress tbh.

• Chris July 13, 2015 at 1:51 pm #

“Genius move to tape the top on her torso so that her ensemble looks like a jumpsuit instead of two pieces.” The exact same thing was done before by Willow Shields though (https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2015/03/30/2015-nickelodeon-kids-choice-awards-red-carpet-roundup/), which is why I don’t 100% understand the sudden excitement from people about it.

• justme July 13, 2015 at 2:32 pm #

Maybe because most of us don’t know Willow Shields, no offense to her.
        Good on her for also going with the “jumpsuit” presentation though.

• Mimi July 13, 2015 at 3:26 pm #

Some people are just able to make a look really sing. While Willow looked ok in this outfit she didn’t make it sing. Ashley did. Maybe the hair & makeup worked better or maybe the look just fit Ashley’s body type better…. Whatever the reason I like it more here than I ever did on Willow.
        I liked the gold dress. Maybe would have preferred gold sandals but the mixed metals don’t bother me. Overall she looked really good this weekend!

• Bec July 14, 2015 at 12:23 am #

Agree! I don’t even remember Willow wearing this as it was a very forgettable look, but on Ashley, it’s perfect.

6. Chris July 13, 2015 at 1:32 pm #

Yes, the Self-Portrait look was worn before by Willow Shields a couple of months ago, which is why it doesn’t feel new to me, but I do like it much more on Ashley. I like the second one as well.

7. Anne July 13, 2015 at 1:11 pm #

I definitely prefer Ashley in the Solace number to when Willow Shields wore it (it felt a bit too old for her). Look #2 is too sexy Golden Girls for me

8. Ariya July 13, 2015 at 1:06 pm #

I hate culottes but Ashley and Alicia have made me love it on them.
    BDOTW worthy!
    While i don’t mind the mixed metals in the second look, the fit around her waist and shoulders is not right.

9. Fanny July 13, 2015 at 1:02 pm #

The first look is very cute and unique.

10. Bec July 13, 2015 at 12:58 pm #

I am pretty much obsessed with the first look ??

I like that it looks more like a jumpsuit rather than two pieces (the top looks horrendous on the model), and her hair and makeup is on point. Love it H2T, definitely BDOTW worthy.

11. Evita July 13, 2015 at 12:57 pm #

The first look is great,BDOTW contender along with Alicia’s Rosetta look,but I don’t like the mixed metals of the second look and I have to say in other pictures,the fit of the dress in her shoulders is really off and the dress looks like it’s about to fall off

12. Yeliz July 13, 2015 at 12:55 pm #

Love(!) the first look, so gorgeous. The pumps don’t work with the dress in the second look.

• Christine July 13, 2015 at 5:26 pm #

Agreed!

13. Alina July 13, 2015 at 12:49 pm #

First look is BDOTW worthy.

• dee July 13, 2015 at 2:06 pm #