Menu

February 10, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Ralph & Russo @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Ciara in Ralph & Russo - 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Ralph & Russo may not have dresses anyone for the main event, but they dressed six celebrities for the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party on Sunday (February 10) in LA.

Ciara:  The singers’ maternity style has done a complete 180. Going from baggy oversized jackets, to bump displaying dresses for the Tom Ford Fall 2020 show, and this event.

Opting for a barely-there dress is nothing new for Ciara.  This was her M.O. for a long while.

There was a period of me being very much over it, but I absolutely adore how beautiful and sensual this breathtaking bespoke black crystal mesh draped Ralph & Russo dress is.

A matching head scarf,  Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudist’ sandals, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed her look, which feels like pregnancy reveal editorial brought to life.

Kate Bosworth In Ralph & Russo Couture 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Kate Bosworth:  The actress was serving up gala gown elegance wearing an off-white tulle column Ralph & Russo Spring 2019 Couture dress embellished with silver pearlescent sequins, glass beads and crystals.

It’s a work of art.

The draped black liquid velvet bow and sash really sold this look to me.  We’ve seen plenty of embellished dresses on Sunday night, but this detail gives the look something extra.

Jimmy Choo ‘Thyra’ sandals and a Jimmy Choo ‘Leonis’ clutch completed her look.

Should Kate have worn the runway gloves too? They are on trend after all.

Ralph & Russo Spring 2019 Couture

Kylie Jenner:  While I’m not her biggest fan, I have to say I was floored by how beautiful the makeup mogul looked in this Ralph & Russo Spring 2020 Couture gown.

Aside from the hourglass – Jessica Rabbit-esque shape – I love iridescent shimmer of the navy strapless gown, and how the black crinoline frill appliqué enhances the silhouette.

Very rare win for Kylie.

Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed her look.

Ralph & Russo Spring 2020 Couture

Adriana Lima:  A gorgeous dress with a boudoir feel was always going to be an easy sell on the supermodel.

My favourite part of this Ralph & Russo Spring 2020 Couture look is the embellished boots (shoes and tights) that enhanced the glamour of the look. Without that element, that slit was riding dangerously high.

Harry Kotlar chandelier diamond earrings

Ralph & Russo Spring 2020 Couture

Sydney Sweeney:  The actress may not have presented the same overt sex appeal as the other Ralph & Russo Couture gowns at this event, but she more than held her own wearing a floral print Spring 2019 Couture gown, which was enhanced with sequins to ensure the pretty flowers were radiant.

There was no need for a push up bra with this look.

Ralph & Russo Spring 2019 Couture

Taylor Hill:  Credit to the seamstress who hand embroidered  the silk thread-work, crystals, ruby stones, pearlescent sequins and ostrich feathers to this Ralph & Russo Fall 2019 Couture creation.  But this was easily one of the worst looks of the night.

And the hair and makeup didn’t exactly help her cause.

Ralph & Russo Fall 2019 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty/Courtesy of Ralph & Russo

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Saint Laurent @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Saint Laurent @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Michael Kors Collection @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Michael Kors Collection @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

32 Responses to Ralph & Russo @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Guest February 17, 2020 at 1:13 pm #

I wish Ciara’s look was less sheer, it looks unfinished. Taylor’s hair and makeup ruins any chance her dress had. Kate’s look is very nice but didn’t blow me away as she has done in previous years.
    My favourite here is Adriana. The glitter mesh boot usually isn’t my thing but I’m taken by this look.

2. Noor February 12, 2020 at 5:28 am #

Same thought brought forward except for Ciara & Taylor. Kylie got a perfect figure, and for a reason I like imperfection.

3. Noor February 12, 2020 at 5:26 am #

now I saw him too 😂

4. JohnM219 February 11, 2020 at 6:10 pm #

Ciara and Kylie look gorgeous.

Poor Taylor, maybe it’s time for a new team.

5. Guest February 11, 2020 at 7:04 am #

Absolutely love Kate Bosworth’s dress. Aesthetically, artistically, fashion-wise its top notch. Glad she ditched the gloves.
    Ciara’s i dislike. Taylor’s dress would have looked good with a much better styling.
    Adriana’s a winner too. Sydney looks good.
    Kylie’s dress is a stunner but the fit looks way too tight. I feel bad for her hips.

6. Guest February 11, 2020 at 6:42 am #

Ciara – She looked ridiculous. Her outfit looked like a bathing suit with a cover-up.
    Kate Bosworth – She was my favorite of this bunch. That sideswept cape was very dramatic. I’m glad she didn’t wear the OTT gloves. The only quibble I had with her look is her severely pulled back hair. She has such a delicate face, that a bit of loose hair would have softened the look.
    Kylie Jenner – the gown is a beautiful work of art, but the proportions look wrong on her. I’d much preferred the way it looked on the runway model.
    Adriana Lima – She looked too much like a show girl and in a bad way. I’m not a fan of the one-piece shoe and tight.
    Sydney Sweeney – floral done right on the red carpet. The colors did not distract and brought just the right amount of attention to the flowers, though I don’t really care for the black piping along the sweetheart neckline.
    Taylor Hill – I’ll just leave the comments to others, as I have nothing more to add to what’s already been said.

7. Guest February 11, 2020 at 4:49 am #

From the first photo you would not expect a lot of amazing looks hidden in the post. I agree with the common sentiment here that many of these outfits would have been fantastic choices for the main event.

8. Draylo February 11, 2020 at 1:16 am #

Kylie looks like a wannabe JLo from last year’s after party #justsaying

9. Guest February 10, 2020 at 11:06 pm #

Kate and Kylie look great. The rest are slopping or slitting beyond doubt.

10. Catarina_M February 10, 2020 at 10:51 pm #

Ciara is wearing a bathing suit and some tule.
    Kate and Kylie look great. Adriana looks tacky and Taylor is a hard mess.

11. Guest February 10, 2020 at 10:41 pm #

This is definitely Kate Bosworth’s event. Always and forever. Kylie looks fantastic too. Taylor and Adriana look awful.

12. KseniaBradner February 10, 2020 at 9:37 pm #

Ralph & Russo is as bad as Zuhair Murad. Terrible and terrible here for all these women. Kylie Jenner’s fakeness looks comical in that gown, that whole family is disgusting.

Kate Bosworth’s look has the most class.

13. Guest February 10, 2020 at 8:50 pm #

I love Adriana in that dress!

14. lelaid February 10, 2020 at 8:35 pm #

Loved Kate’s but at least some black gloves might have tied in the black part better.

15. Guest February 10, 2020 at 8:05 pm #

Wow that gown is a personal best for Kylie. I’m shocked. She looks phenomenal, and classy!

16. Guest February 10, 2020 at 7:29 pm #

Ciara’s take on maternity in that Ralph & Russo is absolutely beautiful. I love how it’s equal parts glamorous, sexy, and dare I say comfortable (excluding the shoes, I’m assuming.) It also very much gives me, Venus rising out of the ocean vibes.

17. Paola102 February 10, 2020 at 6:57 pm #

Ciara’s look would have been better for a day at the Beach.
    Kylie looks really good.
    I can’t get over how sever Kate’s hair is. I have a headache just thinking about that tight bun.
    Adriana’s dress is sexy.
    Sydney’s dress is sweet. You are right about the bra…
    Taylor’s dress is a disaster…

18. Claudia The Critic February 10, 2020 at 6:42 pm #

Ciara and Taylor are on the worst dressed list!!!

19. Guest February 10, 2020 at 6:13 pm #

As for Ciara, overlay is not enough for a dress, sorry.

20. Guest February 10, 2020 at 5:42 pm #

Taylor Hill looks like Daniel Radcliffe and now I can’t get it out of my head.

I’m always more excited for the after-party looks and they did not disappoint!

21. Guest February 10, 2020 at 5:37 pm #

Kate Bosworth did good, looking all polished and sophisticated, even though I find the look a bit on the boring and mature side for her….That’s it I’m sitting and waiting for Diane Kruger incredible in Elie Saab Haute Couture.

22. Guest February 10, 2020 at 5:37 pm #

Shocked no make that floored hardly describes how I feel about Kylie’s look. She looks wonderful. I am not a fan of Ralph & Russo and find all the others to range from meh (Kate) to boring (Sydney) to trashy (the rest, with a special shout-out to Adriana).

23. alvarospain February 10, 2020 at 5:36 pm #

Kate and Kylie.

24. Guest February 10, 2020 at 5:31 pm #

I thought exactly the same!!! Imagine Renée walking to the stage wearing Kate Bosworth’s dress. I don’t understand how they all did so bad in the main event… I’d say maybe it’s comfort but Renee’s privé didn’t look that comfy

25. Guest February 10, 2020 at 5:29 pm #

Taylor Hill goes straight to my WDOTY list.
    Mostly because of hair and make-up, but the dress is not doing her any favors either.

Kate B is the best one here.
    I like Kylie as well (though she couldn’t sit in this).
    Sydney is cute.

26. Originalmeme February 10, 2020 at 5:23 pm #

Her plastic body. She looks like a fembot.

27. sueno February 10, 2020 at 5:19 pm #

Never thought gonna say this but Kylie Jenner is my best dressed in VF party. Kate looks great too, Adriana is just Adriana she pulls this kind of dresses easily.

28. Guest February 10, 2020 at 5:19 pm #

Can you imagine if Renee had worn Kylie, Kate, or even Sydney’s look? It would have been so much better!!!

29. Phee phee February 10, 2020 at 5:12 pm #

Ciara is such pretty lady but her ‘dress’/cover-up is atrocious. A worst dressed of the event right beside Taylor Hill.

Kate looks wonderful. elegant as always, another best dressed. love her.

Adriana, has a really cheap, sad-fitting dress on. hate the tights.
    Sydney looks pretty good. Pretty dress. its very ‘uplifting’.

30. Mady1908 February 10, 2020 at 5:10 pm #

Kate is the best of the bunch, but at first I thought she was bald 😮
    I hate Taylor and the rest is a little tacky.

31. Phee phee February 10, 2020 at 5:09 pm #

Omg. im shocked to say this but Kylie looks beyond stunning. that dress is a beauty and fits her body so perfectly. Im in love with it!! A best dressed of this party

32. Originalmeme February 10, 2020 at 5:09 pm #

Ciara looks trashy as does as does Taylor Lee whoever she is.

Kate Bosworth looks fabulous and very Audrey Hepburn.

Sydney Sweeney dress is ruined by the push up bra.

As for Kylie, all I can say is fembot.