Menu

May 21, 2018 Runway To Red Carpet

Ciara In Julien Macdonald – 2018 Billboard Music Awards

Ciara was back on the red carpet for the 2018 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday (May 20) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

There’s no deny the new mum looks stunning in this Julien Macdonald Spring 2018 barely-there shimmering dress, which she wore with the correct invisible underwear by Commando,.

But if you’ve been following our Cannes Film Festival coverage this may have come around too soon.

Sheer, nude gowns were very much overplayed at Cannes this year, but I’m not going to let that ruin my enjoyment of Ciara’s look which she styled with Le Silla strappy sandals and hair teased to the heavens.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Christina Aguilera In 16Arlington - 2018 Billboard Music Awards

Christina Aguilera In 16Arlington – 2018 Billboard Music Awards

Janet Jackson In Rami Kadi - 2018 Billboard Music Awards

Janet Jackson In Rami Kadi – 2018 Billboard Music Awards

44 Responses to Ciara In Julien Macdonald – 2018 Billboard Music Awards

1. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

We’re all subjective. We’re expressing our opinions. I,love catherine’s Critiques, even when I disagree😀😁

2. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

Her hair is amazing, love those curls!

3. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

I’m with you on sheer, but also that this is sheer done right – the necessary bits covered without visible underwear.

For a standard red carpet I’d say this was too much, but for a music awards night, good on her.

4. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

I agree.

5. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

I somehow don’t hate this either, probably because she looks like an absolute goddess. I think the fact that I can’t actually “see” visible underwear helps. There is a sexy illusion of nudity and the textile is quite beautiful.

And yet I’m definitely sick to death of sheer gowns, so ?

6. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

Just go naked. Tired of these sheer, barely there dresses.

7. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

She looks banging so who cares. Her hair is everything.

8. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

Her underwear is great.

9. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

Ciara is always half naked and I realize so are many others, but at least women like JLO have the career and hustle to back up the looks. Ciara seems to have made a full time job out of making appearances barely dressed. It’s just not a good look on many levels.

10. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

I love this, she looks amazing and I feel like this is her “yeah.. I’m back, soak it ALL in” moment. And if I looked like her i’d have on about half as much fabric at all times!

11. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

Ciara looks amazing. Her abs, legs & calves are defined to perfection. This made famous by Diana Ross hair is doing her favors. The dress is like liquid gold, unique to her body & entire look. Simple but sexy & elegant.

Ciara is still relevant partnering with major campaigns/organizations. In last 3 years Revlon, Keds, Uber, Pandora, Degree, Cavalli, Michelle Obama’s Foundation, Why Not You foundation etc have all tapped on Ciara.

12. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

I feel like some celebrities get a pass for appearing nude on the red carpet. Yes, she is very hot but she is also half naked. I shudder to think what labels and eyerolls Kylie Jenner or Bella Hadid would get if they they wore this. #hypocritical

13. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

My initial reaction was WOW. I realize now the reaction was to her amazing face, body and hairstyle. The dress is a complete mess.

14. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

In love

15. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

I actually really like this, sheer and all. She’s pulling it off and i love the hair and makeup.

16. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

Pretty woman in a horrible (and sheer) dress

17. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

Her body is amazing, but the dress is not.

18. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

Meant for this to be belo Alina’s comment.

19. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

ITA

20. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

@Vanessa LOOKS LIKE ME….I WISH 😀

This to me is sheer done right as I said above. I believe I was one of the few who loved Bella Hadid’s Ralph & Russo naked dress. I have always approached them individually and not as a collective.

When it comes to models, I would only wish for more variety Izabel and Alessandra often wear different versions of the same dress

21. Guest April 21, 2019 at 1:37 am #

You’re so subjective with your comments. When a model put sheer dress you Hate it but when someone you Like put a sheer dress you love it. This is standard sheer dress with nothing too interested on it, its Not ugly nor amazing.

22. Maya S. May 22, 2018 at 6:10 pm #

23. Janet May 22, 2018 at 5:26 pm #

24. AnderBoBo May 21, 2018 at 9:55 pm #

25. pinksugar May 21, 2018 at 5:02 pm #

26. Boy May 21, 2018 at 2:52 pm #

Her underwear is great.

27. Caroline May 21, 2018 at 1:39 pm #

She looks banging so who cares. Her hair is everything.

28. Original meme May 21, 2018 at 1:28 pm #

Just go naked. Tired of these sheer, barely there dresses.

29. Ms Rockets May 21, 2018 at 1:06 pm #

And yet I’m definitely sick to death of sheer gowns, so ?

• faellie May 21, 2018 at 1:31 pm #

• Maria F. May 21, 2018 at 4:05 pm #

I agree.

30. Mimi May 21, 2018 at 1:02 pm #

Her hair is amazing, love those curls!

31. Vanessa May 21, 2018 at 12:28 pm #

• Rulala May 21, 2018 at 12:43 pm #

I just want to say that there is nothing “objective” about our taste in fashion. I follow RCFA because I enjoy her subjective critique (the most, if I might add).

• J. May 21, 2018 at 1:00 pm #

Of course she’s subjective, that’s why we’re all here. For objectivity go to gettyimages.

• Original meme May 21, 2018 at 1:09 pm #

We’re all subjective. We’re expressing our opinions. I,love catherine’s Critiques, even when I disagree??

• Catherine Kallon May 21, 2018 at 3:55 pm #

@Vanessa LOOKS LIKE ME….I WISH 😀

32. JHH May 21, 2018 at 12:26 pm #

ITA

• JHH May 21, 2018 at 1:32 pm #

Meant for this to be belo Alina’s comment.

33. Christine May 21, 2018 at 12:07 pm #

Her body is amazing, but the dress is not.

34. Lashae May 21, 2018 at 11:30 am #