Menu

November 7, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Posted by Catherine Kallon

On Wednesday (November 6), Saks Beverly Hills hosted a conversation with actress and activist Sophia Bush, as part of the latest installment of Jimmy Choo’s ‘In My Choos’ program.

At the event, Sophia discussed the importance of using your platform for good, her new podcast “Work in Progress,” and her involvement in the ‘I am a Voter’ organization with Jimmy Choo’s Head of Global Entertainment Relations, Sara Riff.

It was very important to wear a dress that was primed for the event.

Something that possessed style, power, with a gentle authoritative presence and approachability.

She hit all those high notes wearing a Self-Portrait satin wrap dress, with a half pleated and colour-blocked skirt which gave the look a fancy flourish.

I’m really enjoying what feels like a new phase of Sophie’s style. It has all the same qualities, but on a mature level, as time as moved on from her ‘One Tree Hill’ days.

Jimmy Choo’s new iconic ‘Varenne’ bag, and Jimmy Choo ‘Romy’ pumps accented with an ‘I am a Voter’ motif, completed her super chic look, along with pretty pink lip for a touch of colour.

Self-Portrait

Credit: Getty for Saks Fifth Avenue & Self-Portrait

Shop the look

, , ,

Katie Holmes Mixes Satin With Zebra Print For The FilmAid's 'Power of Film' New York Screening

Katie Holmes Mixes Satin With Zebra Print For The FilmAid’s ‘Power of Film’ New York Screening

Henry Golding's Love Affair With Ralph Lauren Continues On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Henry Golding’s Love Affair With Ralph Lauren Continues On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

10 Responses to Sophia Bush Gets Wrapped Up For The Saks Fifth Avenue And Jimmy Choo #INMYCHOOS Event

1. Mady1908 November 11, 2019 at 9:32 am #

I won’t agree with everyone else but Sophia is so beautiful, when it comes to fashion, I feel she just doesn’t know what to do. I feel that this dress is a little bit too mature for her. It’s elegant but I don’t like it on her.

2. Guest November 9, 2019 at 4:43 pm #

This is the perfect assemble for her.

3. Paola102 November 8, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

It’s very elegant and has a certain femininity and softness added by the pleats.
    Jess Weixler wore the same dress this summer.I like it better on Sophia.

4. Catarina_M November 8, 2019 at 9:57 am #

She looks powerful and feminine at the same time. I like it.

5. Guest November 8, 2019 at 9:28 am #

It’s an elegant look with a subtle bit of flair.

6. Guest November 8, 2019 at 8:06 am #

This is the first time that I see an outfit that gets better when you get to the bottom half.

7. Jess Mara November 8, 2019 at 12:28 am #

Such an elegant look and very powerful and feminine! I do wish that the lapels weren’t as shinny and distracting but she looks great.

8. Phee phee November 8, 2019 at 12:25 am #

this works for her. Its elegant and easy

9. KseniaBradner November 8, 2019 at 12:23 am #

Sophia left her plum gig as the headlining star on her enjoyable show Chicago P.D. because Jason Beghe was an angry bully (he should have been fired), so I hope she finds something better. I love that her style has always been very good. This is perfect for the event.

• Jess Mara November 8, 2019 at 12:35 am #

I follow her instagram and she has been using her fame for such amazing things lately – Powerful Women’s Summit, Together Live Talks and encouraging women (especially minority groups) to vote. From a country which has compulsory voting, I didn’t realise how few women in the US vote. I know this is a fashion blog so we will go back to talking fashion – but all I wanted to say was I encourage everyone to follow her and get involved and make a change!