Menu

November 7, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet, Screening

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Katie Holmes Mixes Satin With Zebra Print For The FilmAid's 'Power of Film' New York Screening

It appears that Katie Holmes is out of hibernation, as she continues to attend event, after event this Fall.

On this occasion she graced the red carpet for FilmAid’s ‘Power of Film’ screening held at The Standard Highline in New York City, which was followed by cocktail party on Wednesday (November 6).

There was a danger that this style of dress from Philosophy Di Lorenzo Serafini’s Fall 2019 collection could’ve translated into an old fashion nightie, but the brand furthers its reputation for high-octane glamour with this lustrous satin gown.

The subdued ivory colorway takes on an unexpected sultriness thanks to a lace-trimmed thigh-high slit.

This dress should’ve taken center stage with minimal accessories, but the my chin hit the floor when I spied Katie’s Khaite knee high zebra haircalf boots.

Now, I love animal-print, as you know, but make no sense here.

The footwear would make for a great day time boot with some skinny jeans, or a midi skirt, but the print and the style, were all wrong for this dress.

I’m honestly baffled by the thought process here.

Perhaps had they been sandals, I would’ve seen the allure, but they – literally – stick out like a sore thumb here.

Philosophy Di Lorenzo Serafini Fall 2019

Credit: Nick Starichenko & Vogue.com

Shop the look

, , , ,

Julianne Moore Was Providing Light-Catching Shimmer In Celine For The WSJ. Magazine 2019 Innovator Awards

Sophia Bush Gets Wrapped Up For The Saks Fifth Avenue And Jimmy Choo #INMYCHOOS Event

18 Responses to Katie Holmes Mixes Satin With Zebra Print For The FilmAid’s ‘Power of Film’ New York Screening

1. Paola102 November 8, 2019 at 3:33 pm #

I admire the craftsmanship that went into the dress with this difficult fabric. Kudos! but those shoes….

2. Sharon M November 8, 2019 at 12:26 pm #

Don’t love the dress…too bridal, but the big problem is those horrible boots. Why would she do that?

3. _Hannah_ November 8, 2019 at 10:50 am #

I can’t unsee her shoes and the way they make her feet so huge. Ridiculous idea. And it make whole look so unflattering.

4. Catarina_M November 8, 2019 at 9:36 am #

Someone was really high and seeing zebras, when made this shoe choice.

5. Guest November 8, 2019 at 5:48 am #

Worst shoe choice ever!

6. Guest November 8, 2019 at 4:49 am #

The shoes are horrible. They are ugly and make Katie’s feet look enormous. What the heck was she thinking? I agree with TeaatTwo. I’d love to see Jasmine Tookes in the dress. I pray no one else ever wears the footwear.

7. smo390 November 8, 2019 at 4:18 am #

man, does she have big feet.

8. JasLinds November 8, 2019 at 3:14 am #

It looks like she has hooves! Her feet look enormous. I cannot comprehend…

9. ? November 8, 2019 at 12:58 am #

This will probably take the “what on earth were you thinking (shoe choice edition)” award of 19′ for me… I mean… ?

anonymous as always

• WhiteLady November 8, 2019 at 12:20 pm #

Yes indeed but I would also give it the “how to work the most unflattering fabric (bias-cut satin) in white without seeming bridal or nightgown-y and look 10 times better than the catwalk model” award.
      I wish the picture had stopped at ankle length…

• ? November 8, 2019 at 8:31 pm #

That’s true! She does pull off this dress which makes the shoe choice even more unfortunate. When I first saw the post before I scrolled down, I was kind of excited for the look. And then I saw the boots…

10. Jess Mara November 8, 2019 at 12:36 am #

Wow this is really not her best look!
    I cant get past those terrible shoes. I get where they were going from the runway look but why??? just why??

11. Phee phee November 8, 2019 at 12:28 am #

Hideous boots. those things shouldn’t exist. The dress is not great either. Its too nightie adjacent.

• Jess Mara November 8, 2019 at 12:37 am #

I fell like you put on the runway boots and through a crop leather jacket over it and you have got decent look though.

12. KseniaBradner November 8, 2019 at 12:25 am #

Katie Holmes is so bland (every interview has NO personality) so I welcome this bonkersness. Give it to me Katie. If you can’t even have personality using your own words, please give it to me through your clothes.

13. Guest November 7, 2019 at 9:27 pm #

The boots are ugly and the hair looks brushed but limp. I’d like to see the dress reworn, maybe by model Jasmine Tookes.

14. Dominos November 7, 2019 at 9:23 pm #

What the hell is on her feet? Why would anyone do this?

15. Guest November 7, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

YIKES! That is not her dress and those boots do not belong with it. Katie tries way too hard. Way too hard.