Menu

November 7, 2019 Runway To TV Show

Henry Golding's Love Affair With Ralph Lauren Continues On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Henry Golding made a guest appearance on ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ on Wednesday (November 6) in New York City, ahead of the November 8 US release (November 15 in the UK) of his latest film, ‘Last Christmas.’

On the show he shared that he wanted to be BFFs with Matthew McConaughey, who he will star with in an upcoming film he’s in called ‘The Gentlemen.’

Unfortunately, things didn’t go quite as he imagined.

“No one told me that he stays in character, and our characters like, hate each other, so I thought he hated me,” Golding said. “And my world just imploded!”

The British-Malaysian actor continued his love of all things Ralph Lauren, by wearing look from their Ralph Lauren Purple Label Fall 2019 collection.

For some reason this immediately made me think of Dwayne Johnson’s Time 100 look.  No doubt because of the warm tones of biscuit and caramel, and the double breast blazer.

I do love that there are more than two tones within Henry’s look, but once again, he loses me with the shoe choice.

Dwayne got it right by matching his shoes to his suit.  Henry’s shoes, much like this ‘Last Christmas’ New York premiere look, were too dark for his outfit.

Is this a new trend that perhaps has gone over my head?

A dandy polka dot pocket square completed his look.

Would the shoes put you off voting for this look BDOTW?

Ralph Lauren Purple Label Fall 2019

Credit: Ralph Lauren & Getty

, , ,

Sophia Bush Gets Wrapped Up For The Saks Fifth Avenue And Jimmy Choo #INMYCHOOS Event

The WSJ. Magazine 2019 Innovator Awards

The WSJ. Magazine 2019 Innovator Awards

17 Responses to Henry Golding’s Love Affair With Ralph Lauren Continues On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1. Phee phee November 8, 2019 at 9:05 pm #

he looks delish. I dont mind the shoes either. They work.

2. Guest November 8, 2019 at 4:27 pm #

LOVE IT! personally I might like it more without the socks but he made it work. Love the length of the pants!

3. Sharon M November 8, 2019 at 12:22 pm #

I don’t hate the shoes…they echo the dark buttons on the jacket. Then again…I wasn’t looking at his feet…;-}

4. Catarina_M November 8, 2019 at 10:10 am #

He lost me on the socks choice. But he looks handsome and sharp as always.

5. Guest November 8, 2019 at 5:19 am #

I wish he had matched shoes with the grey suit but here I’m fine with the darker shoes. It looks more like variations of shades play rather than sticking out like a sore thumb. I’d like to see him in a similar hued suit as those shoes actually. Toffee, ochre, brick, rust could look great on him but than most things probably would.

6. Guest November 8, 2019 at 4:42 am #

I don’t mind the shoes. I think they actually work with the outfit. He looks good. He might be my BDMOTY for overall consistency all year.

7. Guest November 8, 2019 at 2:07 am #

Is it just me… but it’s the socks that bewilder me?? Like if he didn’t have beige socks (are they?) maybe I won’t feel like the dark brown color of the shoes are such a tiny isolated portion of the outfit?

• WhiteLady November 8, 2019 at 12:27 pm #

To me it’s the socks and the length of the trousers. Had they been a touch longer, the look would’ve been perfection

• Paola102 November 8, 2019 at 3:19 pm #

Yes, the cuffs on the pants were not needed.

8. Guest November 8, 2019 at 1:37 am #

Good Lord this man can do no wrong! He is so stinking handsome it’s hard to look at the outfit!!!!

9. Guest November 8, 2019 at 12:34 am #

Perfection, very dapper and well put-together, and looks fresh. The shoes are a great choice here imo. – the darker shade of brown anchors the lighter suit perfectly w/o being too harsh of a contrast (as compared to a standard black) and coordinate with the buttons on the jacket. BDMOTW worthy imo.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 8, 2019 at 1:24 am #

After reading your comment, I had a second look, hoping that I would change my mind. Sadly, it didn’t 🙁

• Guest November 9, 2019 at 2:06 am #

and now I’m actually trying to look again and again lol…but I guess it’s hard to look at it differently after the initial impression, I may change my mind later though 🙂 I tend to trust your judgement.

10. Jess Mara November 8, 2019 at 12:24 am #

Oh soooo handsome I didn’t even notice the shoes!!

Don’t think they will stop me from voting this as BDMOTW.

• Jess Mara November 8, 2019 at 12:26 am #

Also good on the Producers of the show for matching his mic! Thought it was a really cool pin at first.

11. Guest November 7, 2019 at 11:58 pm #

I have a bigger issue with the style of show than the color. So old fashioned imo. Still I swoon tho.

• Guest November 8, 2019 at 12:08 pm #

Well that’s Ralph Lauren Purple Label, style wise it’s always like that; kinda old-fashioned but also timeless.