Menu

November 4, 2019

2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala Red Carpet Roundup

2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala

Here’s a look at the rest of the guests who attended the 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala presented by Gucci on Saturday (November 2) in Los Angeles, California, joining Kiki Layne, Brie Larson and Zoe Saldana.

It looks like pleats were trending on the red carpet with this first set of looks.

Amandla Stenberg:  There’s a lot more than meets the eye with this Gucci Fall 2019 dress. So I’m not surprised Amandla was drawn to it.  A black velvet strapless dress is fitted with a gold silk plissé bustier and cape which helps bring the drama to this look.  A chocolate Tyler Ellis clutch, Gucci’s gold leather sandals and Gucci jewels completed her look.

Yara Shahidi: The ‘Grown-ish’ star also opted for high-drama with her Gucci Resort 2020 pale yellow one-shoulder pleated gown with shell effect. I would’ve loved a sharp, sleek low bun with this look, but as always, Yara hits it out of the ballpark.  A selection of yellow gold and diamond Gucci jewels completed her look.

Ava DuVernay:  There has been much chatter about Ava wearing the same style of dress in different colourways.  Well in this Gucci Fall Fall 2019 silver iridescent lamé pleated long sleeve gown, we saw a new silhouette that doesn’t step too far away from her classic style.  A black leather Gucci Dionysus clutch.

2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala

Greta Gerwig:  A lot of your found her Governor Awards dress ageing, so I fear the same label might be attributed this Gucci Spring 2019 bright pink silk cape dress.  No surprises that I love the rich embroidery here.  I just wish she’d done something more with her hair. Christian Louboutin ‘Loubi Queen’ sandals and a pink Gucci clutch provided the finishing touches.

Salma Hayek Pinault:  I can hear Salma purring from here.  The actress was looking gorgeous as ever in a custom Gucci pink bonded microcrystal halter gown with patent leather details.  Proof once again, that custom Gucci is the only way Salma should go.  Gucci High Jewelry and black clutch with the signature tiger head detail completed her look.

Regina King: Much like Kiki Layne and Salma Hayek, Regina hair was sky high for this event.  But this didn’t detract from her Gucci Fall 2019 pink and cream gown – despite the purple hue.  I adore the trompe l’oeil bodice.

Rainey Qualley:  As beautiful, and as much as I covet this Gucci Fall 2019 red wool knit mini dress.  It was hugely out of place at this gala gown event.

Sienna Miller: Despite all the sequins and the opulant Gucci High Jewelry necklace, Sienna’s Gucci Spring 2020 black gown was one of the more understated pieces to take to this red carpet.  This sits in very well with Sienna’s new approach to red carpet dressing.

Billie Eilish:  While this custom Gucci blue and silver bowling shirt and oversize jogger pants accented with with floral sequin embroideries and Swarovski crystal appliqués suits Billie’s style.  I would’ve loved to have seen a “for-one-night-only” gown worn by the singer. Gucci Flashtrek sneakers and a selection of Gucci jewels, plus co-ordinated shades completed her look.

Naomi Campbell: The model wasn’t part of the Gucci gang.  She did her own thing wearing an gorgeous red Swarovski crystal mesh Atelier Versace gown with nude illusion accent – which did its job on this occasion.  I love how the honey colour highlights in her hair help turn back the clock on this ageless beauty. Christian Louboutin ‘513’ sandals completed her look.

Gia Coppola:  Despite so many intriguing elements, including the on-trend pleats, this Gucci Spring 2019 black velvet and antique gold satin gown with pink feather sleeve detailing, was perhaps a case of too much going on.

Suki Waterhouse:  The model opted Gucci Resort 2020 one shoulder dress with tiered draped detailing.  She isn’t one of your favourite, but I’m sure you’ll enjoy this monochrome, simple approach.  Anita Ko jewels completed her look.

2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala

Camila Morrone:  The model was elegance personified in this ivory Carolina Herrera Spring 2020 gown styled with XIV Karats jewels.  Never have been so enamoured by duchess satin.

Cynthia Erivo:  It looks like Cynthia has a new party trick.  Match your hair to your dress. This Gucci purple gown with frog-closure detail has everything you expect from a Cynthia Erivo.  She never disappoints.  Especially when the styling includes diamond and emerald David Webb earrings.

2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala

Laura Dern:  This Gucci look gets a pass on the fact that it was Halloween weekend alone.   Personally, I found this way too busy, with and without the cape. Buccellati jewels completed her look.

Credit: Michael Kovac/Getty Images for LACMA/Gucci

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Dua Lipa's Sexy Sombre MTV EMAs Looks

Dua Lipa’s Sexy Sombre MTV EMAs Looks

2019 Hollywood Film Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2019 Hollywood Film Awards Red Carpet Roundup

18 Responses to 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala Red Carpet Roundup

1. Guest November 7, 2019 at 6:05 pm #

I absolutely love Yara and Naomi. They look like utter perfection. Ava also looks beautiful.

2. Guest November 7, 2019 at 2:04 pm #

Awsome from head to toe: Naomi.
    Love: Yara, Regina and Cinthya.
    WTF?: Billie, Rainey and Laura.
    Too much boobs going on ruins the elegance in Camilla’s dres for me.

3. Noor November 7, 2019 at 2:36 am #

I like Regina. She looks charming, and of course I too like the bodice. And I think her hair doesn’t distract like that way.

4. Sharon M November 5, 2019 at 12:28 pm #

I love Suki and Camila. Ignoring the others.

5. Guest November 4, 2019 at 9:13 pm #

Salma and Sienna are the only ones I like. Greta’s outfit is horrible. Suki’s dress is the second worst.

6. Phee phee November 4, 2019 at 8:52 pm #

Wow there are some really really bad looks here.
    Naomi (the one not in Gucci) looks by far the best. her hair is even perfect. I love long waves on her.
    Salmas dress is wonderful for her. I dont like the hairstyle but the dress is fab.
    Yaras dress is fab but the styling is not. Styling brings the whole look down quite a bit.
    Ava might have a personal best look. I usually dislike her choices.
    Sienna classic good, and Camila too.

Billie looks like a clown. It belongs on a worst dressed of the year list.

7. alvarospain November 4, 2019 at 8:30 pm #

We have a winner for WDOTY: Billie Eilish.

8. Guest November 4, 2019 at 7:36 pm #

Oh some interesting looks finally..I love Cynthia’s and Suki’s looks but Yara…Yara is going straight to my BDOTY list.

9. Guest November 4, 2019 at 7:35 pm #

Yara looks incredible. That’s a tough dress but she wears it like a pro.
    I actually don’t mind Suki’s dress. It’s a bit understated here but I like the way it flows.
    Camila’s twins are crying for help in this dress.
    Naomi looks gorgeous but this is nothing new for her.

• Guest November 4, 2019 at 10:33 pm #

Those “twins” look fake.

10. Catarina_M November 4, 2019 at 5:48 pm #

I read somewhere that Billie Eilish wears baggy clothes so no one knows what’s underneath therefore no one can have an opinion on her body. I can understand that, on these body shaming days that we live in, but, this outfit is just awful and unflattering.

Naomi and Camila are my favourites.

11. Guest November 4, 2019 at 5:38 pm #

The hairstyle feels too bad 80s pop video but I love Yara’s gown. I find Greta’s outfit intriguing but between the two-second comb hair and her demeanor it ends up looking ageing. A lot of ugly or blah outfits here. I wish Naomi had worn a Gucci look

12. Los_NGLS November 4, 2019 at 5:34 pm #

Love Yara’s dress, though it’s much nicer in motion than it is in photos.

Though I like the embroidery on top of the color combo of print on Billie’s look, I just can’t wrap my mind around these proportions with that fabric. The proportions could’ve maybe worked in a more structured fabric.

I love that Ava has stuck her guns to always being covered– neck to toe and long sleeve– and I love how many different interpretations of that aesthetic she and her stylist (whom I believe is Jason Bolden) have been able to come up with!

13. Paola102 November 4, 2019 at 4:48 pm #

Amandla: a little bit too much going on. maybe without the cape, or the blue in the hair…
    Greta’s look is fun and different.
    Salma: I don’t understand how she is 53yo…The dress suits her to the T. She looks amazing.
    Regina doesn’t disappoint. The dress is fabulous and she wears it so well.
    Rainey and Billy are at the wrong event.
    Naomi looks fantastic!
    Camila’s dress needed to give just a little on the bust. It’s an accident waiting to happen.
    I love what Cynthia is doing here. Gorgeous purple hue that carries the whole look.
    The rest are ok.

14. Vizual Ninja November 4, 2019 at 4:39 pm #

I absolutely love Yara here, not an easy dress to pull off but she does it. I’m also loving Naomi and Cynthia.

15. CharlotteLG November 4, 2019 at 4:20 pm #

Yara Shahidi looks gorgeous. I love the dress on her and her styling, hair and earrings, is perfect with it. BDOTW for me.

16. Guest November 4, 2019 at 4:17 pm #

There are some really beautiful looks here! I love the vibe Yara is giving off. Greta’s is also really refreshing. She managed to take the Gucci aesthetic to a different world with the styling. I like it a lot. Naomi, Suki, Camila, and Cynthia all look gorgeous, too. Naomi’s body is just out of this world.

17. KseniaBradner November 4, 2019 at 4:09 pm #

I love how you paired the fan pleats looks together in the first selection. I like all three. Ava’s style is very conservative, so the understated accessories are to be expected. I love Amandla and Yara’s looks, very chic.

I think Greta’s hair suits the carnival 20’s vibe of her dress.

I understand that Salma’s style is kind of limited by her bosom combined with her petite stature, but this gown is so dated, not even JLo in 2010 would wear it.

I like that Cynthia kept things simple. Love the green earrings.