Menu

November 4, 2019

2019 Hollywood Film Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Posted by Catherine Kallon
2019 Hollywood Film Awards

There were plenty more A-listers who joined Dakota Johnson, Charlize Theron and Nicole Kidman on the red carpet for the 2019 Hollywood Film Awards held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday (November 3) in California, on what turned out to be a very colourful red carpet.

Laura Dern:  This Markarian ‘Cassiopeia’ gown from the Fall 2019 collection, was a considerable improvement from her 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala look. From the pretty pink and red hues, to the beaded detailing, this was a more uplifting look if I totally ignore the shoes.

Sienna Miller: It’s not like Sienna to select such a scene-stealing shade, but this yellow Cong Tri Spring 2020 gown possesses her signature subtle details, even if they are of a sultry nature. Tabitha Simmons ‘Eve’ sandals completed her look.

2019 Hollywood Film Awards

Olivia Wilde: This custom Michael Kors Collection peplum gown would’ve worked better for me without the knotted detail. A deep v-neck may have prevented the bodice appearing so restrictive. Jimmy Choo ‘Pattie’ sandals, a green Tyler Ellis ‘Lily’ clutch and Nigora Tabayer earrings added the finishing touches.

Cynthia Erivo:  It’s a shame that her hot-pink Christian Louboutin ‘ Pigalle Follies’ pumps clashed with baby pink Versace dress.  If you feel this is tame by Cynthia’s standards, perhaps that’s because you can’t see the spikes accented to her head. Maria Tash earrings plus, a selection of David Webb jewels amped up the bling factor.

Embed from Getty Images

Kaitlyn Dever:  It usually hard for me to love anything taffeta, but that wasn’t the case with this gorgeous Monique Lhuillier Spring 2020 cherry red gown with its dainty neck ruffle and wide ruffle hem.

2019 Hollywood Film Awards

Jennifer Garner:  Serving up an ultra sleek look in Stella McCartney, this might not blow you away, but it does present a level of sophistication we are used to seeing from Jennifer. To complement the crystal detail outlining the slit, the actress styled her look with a lust-worthy diamond suite of statement jewels, by Yvan Tufenkjian and Kallati.

Renée Zellweger: Nearing, but not quite off-the-shoulder, the actress turned to one of her favourite designers – A.W.A.K.E. MODE, who created this bespoke black and white pencil dress which was oozing with elegance.  Her favourite Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ pumps and a David Webb ring completed her look.  Renee picked up the Best Actress Award at this event.  Are you excited for her awards season run?  What would you like to see from Renee other than off-the-shoulder dresses?

Viola Davis:  You have to love the gorgeous teal hue – of the gown and earrings, and the way that ruffle dances as she walks.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala Red Carpet Roundup

2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala Red Carpet Roundup

Kristen Stewart Opens SNL In Vivienne Westwood

Kristen Stewart Opens SNL In Vivienne Westwood

12 Responses to 2019 Hollywood Film Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Catarina_M November 5, 2019 at 4:02 pm #

Sienna, Viola and the spikes on Cynthia’s hair.

2. Guest November 5, 2019 at 8:33 am #

Cynthia is starting to look a bit too try hard, I’m almost bored of it

3. Guest November 4, 2019 at 11:49 pm #

Love Laura Dern’s dress on her.

4. Guest November 4, 2019 at 10:13 pm #

Maybe it’s just the colour but I’m liking Sienna’s look a lot. Loose fit and simple lines but it’s working so well. I like the sharp off the shoulder design but we’ve seen Renee in so many variations of this length and cut that it’s boring on her. I’d take her showing up in sweatpants at this stage.

5. Guest November 4, 2019 at 9:18 pm #

I am gonna say it: I am EXTREMELY underwhelmed by this event. Lots of hideous Gucci creations and a lot of dull dresses. Just my humble opinion. I do like Sienna and Viola though.

6. Guest November 4, 2019 at 9:09 pm #

Cynthia (no to those things on her head) and Viola are the best here. Everyone else is meh to bad ( Laura and Kaitlyn)

7. KseniaBradner November 4, 2019 at 9:06 pm #

I love that Cynthia is adventurous, I just don’t think the spikes worked with the pretty vibe of the dress + shoes. I actually like the dress with the hot pink shoes. Laura is having a style crisis. I don’t not understand this frumpyass Gucci gown on her at all.

Cong Tri must have a great PR team, because their mediocre designs are getting worn by celebs. Renee’s dress is very chic but it’s wasted on Renee because on her it’s forgettable, she always dresses this way.

8. Phee phee November 4, 2019 at 9:01 pm #

Everyone looks pretty good at this roundup!
    Love the yellow on Sienna. It works well against her skin tone, even her
    hair.
    With Cynthia, this is what a mean when I say she should stick to sleek, modern looks, as opposed to princess, frou frou gowns…..so much better. I would say a personal best for her, except for the awful shoe choice.
    LOVE those spikes on her head!!
    Renee looks classic.
    its a good bunch!

9. Guest November 4, 2019 at 8:26 pm #

Cynthia looks amazing. That dress is just fabulous. And she carries it off like a true star.
    I love this more architectural outing from Renee. She really is figuring out how wear as many variety of the off-the-shoulder as she can. I’m shocked Sienna beat her to this delicious yellow gown.

10. Guest November 4, 2019 at 8:14 pm #

The gown Laura Dern is wearing looks like a cheap knock off Gucci gown.

Cynthia erivo living her best life.

Love the colour of Sienna Miller’s gown

• alvarospain November 4, 2019 at 8:23 pm #

I thought Laura’s dress was Gucci (or Rodarte) in fact.

Cynthia is the best here.

• Guest November 5, 2019 at 2:26 am #

Me too! Thought it’s Gucci.