Menu

Dua Lipa’s Sexy Sombre MTV EMAs Looks

Dua Lipa joined Halsey and Rosalía as one of the performers at the 2019 MTV EMAs held at FIBES Conference and Exhibition Centre on Sunday (November 3) in Seville, Spain.

The singer is usually presents high drama and plenty of colour at these events, but on this occasion the looks felt quite sombre in colour.

Arrivals:   She was giving me gothic angst teen in this Dion Lee Spring 2020 look.  The look is season appropriate, despite the Spring label, is imbued with a touch of sex appeal via the slit and stockings, but lacks that je ne sais quoi, for this music event. Jimmy Choo ‘Mica’ boots completed her look.

Dion Lee Spring 2020

Performance: It looks like performance leotards are going to be updated as we head into the new decade judging by this Mugler Spring 2020 piece.  Cut-outs gave this look a less is less feel, which she totally rocked with the hosiery and booties.

Mugler Spring 2020

Winners Room:  The oversized trend continued at this event with Dua’s third look of the night, which also hails from Mugler’s Spring 2020 collection.  I adore the violet colour, but not on the Jimmy Choo ‘Mica’ boots.  Plus I felt the presentation and cropped hosiery on the runway worked better.

Did you like any of these look?

Mugler Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , ,

Shop The Look

Shop The Look

2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala Red Carpet Roundup

2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala Red Carpet Roundup

8 Responses to Dua Lipa’s Sexy Sombre MTV EMAs Looks

1. Guest November 5, 2019 at 8:38 am #

This girl has gotta get a new team…the looks are horrible and the hair, it’s always been bad but this is terrible!

2. Guest November 5, 2019 at 1:57 am #

I like the first look, it’s cool and like a heroine from action movie. The stage look comes across as a bit thirsty rather than liberating or sexy. Those boots lost me with the third outfit.

3. Guest November 5, 2019 at 12:32 am #

The black Dion Lee was such a miss for me, should’ve stuck with Mugler for the red carpet too ??‍♀️

4. Phee phee November 4, 2019 at 9:08 pm #

O boy, she is a terrible dresser. The performance look is just super awful.
    The third one, well, I like the color and that is it. The oversized look really throws her proportions off..
    The first is the best of the three. which is not saying much. She looks rather depressing. The garter and stocking peeking out is my fave part.
    The hair root color are driving me bonkers. cant stand that.

5. Guest November 4, 2019 at 8:16 pm #

Omg look at her body in that swim suit.

She is back, better than ever.
    Her body is great, her new music is great, her new hair colour is great, her dancing is great.

I’m in love with everything I’m seeing

6. Guest November 4, 2019 at 7:38 pm #

I find the first look hypnotizing she looks beautiful but the rest do nothing for me..

7. Guest November 4, 2019 at 7:38 pm #

The first look is interesting. I like seeing her trying different things.
    The performance outfit was mucho for my taste but she looked great on TV. Can’t deny that.
    The final look boots aside is a no.

8. Catarina_M November 4, 2019 at 3:49 pm #

I like the first look, there’s a certain Matrix vibe that appeals to me. The performance look is ok.
    The third look, I like it (in this MTV awards context) but, without the booties, they’re awful.