Menu

November 4, 2019

Zoe Saldana’s Bewitching Lace Gucci Gown For The 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala

Zoe Saldana's Bewitching Lace Gucci Gown For The 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala

Zoe Saldana joined Brie Larson and Kiki Layne on the red carpet to the 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala presented by Gucci on Saturday (November 2) in Los Angeles, California.

I get a sense that perhaps your affections for Zoe’s style isn’t what it used to be, so I’m wondering if this latest look from Gucci will go down too well.

With it being Halloween weekend, I truly brought into the witches cauldron vibe of this green, red and black gown featuring butterfly embroidery.

I probably love the top half more than the bottom, as I found the black duchess satin and red lace so striking.

I’m interested to hear your thoughts on this look?

Zoe completed her look with a pair of Gucci High Jewelry earrings in yellow gold with multi-color gemstones, a Gucci High Jewelry ring in yellow gold, red garnet and diamonds and a Gucci High Jewelry solitaire ring in yellow gold, tourmaline and diamonds.

Credit: Michael Kovac/Getty Images for LACMA/Gucci

, , , , ,

Halsey's Pattern Play In Peter Pilotto For The 2019 MTV EMAs

Halsey’s Pattern Play In Peter Pilotto For The 2019 MTV EMAs

Shop The Look

Shop The Look

12 Responses to Zoe Saldana’s Bewitching Lace Gucci Gown For The 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala

1. Noor November 7, 2019 at 2:26 am #

I like this head to toe. She’s the only person who can make this work.

2. Guest November 4, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

Black butterflies on an overwrought and completely unappealing dress. No, Zoe neither excites or impresses me anymore. But I know what she is capable of and will keep hope alive for a bit longer.

3. Guest November 4, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

What a dreary dress.

4. Phee phee November 4, 2019 at 9:15 pm #

It sure is a butt ugly dress. Not to say she looks bad. She makes it work the best it can. I guess bc she’s Zoe lol. But that dress is an awful design.
    Hair waves are perfect. And I think her hubby is so cute.

5. Los_NGLS November 4, 2019 at 6:09 pm #

I kinda like this, but I think only cause I’m still in a Halloween mood.

6. Guest November 4, 2019 at 5:54 pm #

She sells the dress where I would have just disliked it if others had worn it.

7. Guest November 4, 2019 at 4:07 pm #

There is some nice concept about it. However, I’m rather put off by the red laces. They look too lingerie for my liking and a bit jarring to the whole look as well. I wish they had been in black or maybe the green as the skirt.

8. Guest November 4, 2019 at 3:57 pm #

I think few people could have pulled this off and Zoe is one of them, I am oddly hypnotized by it because it does really play on visual expectation as you transition from the bodice down to the skirt, the butterflies are unexpected and even though one does not expect the red and sort of cornflower-teal-blue to play off one another well there’s a vibe of harmony to it that the black manages to pull off. I don’t know how, but I do think that it harmonizes.

9. Guest November 4, 2019 at 3:38 pm #

Zoe Saldana is my long time girl crush, and she couldn’t look more stunning if she tries. She often picks tricky pieces to wear on red carpet and pulls it off with an aplomb, and this Gucci embroidered butterfly gown is no exception!! Head to toe PERFECTION, well done Queen Zoe!! Uhura and Gamora would be proud of you my dear Senorita!!

10. Guest November 4, 2019 at 3:08 pm #

I like this.
    Probably wouldn’t have liked it on anyone else but Zoe just knows how to wear these bit tricky dresses.
    BDOTW contender for me.

11. Paola102 November 4, 2019 at 2:56 pm #

It’s whimsical and fun. I like it. It’s also smart how the top half with the exaggerated shoulders, the different shades of lace and fabric, and the V look like a butterfly!

12. KseniaBradner November 4, 2019 at 2:48 pm #

Nice, but I miss Zoe in Givenchy Couture. I’d love to see her in Valentino Couture WHY NOT PETRA??? Petra is one of the best stylists, so I don’t criticize her as much as I do Kate Young, Christina Ehrlich or Ryan Hastings, but the vibrant Valentino Couture of the last three years is Right. There. for Zoe.