Menu

September 30, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Anna Paquin's Returns To Form In Dundas For 'The Irishman' New York Film Festival Premiere

I was starting to think that Anna Paquin has lost her edge, and had switched gears to a softer red carpet in recent times, until I saw her walk the red carpet for ‘The Irishman’ premiere during the 2019 New York Film Festival on Friday (September 27).

On this occasion she wore a dazzling dress from Dundas Pre-Fall 2019 collection.

An array of sartorial juxtapositions define this ’80s inspired piece: the long sleeves are contrasted by a thigh-skimming hemline, and the shimmering silver sequins are set against black fabrication for a graphic touch, which would’ve paired well with metallic sandals, but I don’t entirely hate the black pumps.

Are you happy to see the return of Anna in looks that aren’t so delicate?

Dundas Pre-Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Jaime King Swings Into Action At The 5th Annual Freeze HD Gala

Jaime King Swings Into Action At The 5th Annual Freeze HD Gala

Zazie Beetz Rocks A Crystal Lace Mesh Midi Dress For The 'Joker' LA Premiere

Zazie Beetz Rocks A Crystal Lace Mesh Midi Dress For The ‘Joker’ LA Premiere

8 Responses to Anna Paquin’s Returns To Form In Dundas For ‘The Irishman’ New York Film Festival Premiere

1. Jess Mara October 1, 2019 at 1:46 am #

Dress is interesting but the terrible srtyling and hair and makeup are jsut letting it down! Not even close to a pass for me

2. KseniaBradner September 30, 2019 at 8:32 pm #

This is a great little look for Anna, and totally suits her style: black somewhere in there, short to show off those legs.

3. Guest September 30, 2019 at 7:25 pm #

I have no major problem with the dress but her hair is a mess, it looks like she was going to wear a tight ponytail and her hairdresser choose this in the last minute.

4. Guest September 30, 2019 at 6:31 pm #

Would have loved a slick bun and a red lip to really make the look pop.

Don’t mind the shoes as much.

5. Phee phee September 30, 2019 at 5:31 pm #

The dress is fine but the dull styling takes it down. Such lazy mismatched styling of hair and shoes and makeup.

6. Guest September 30, 2019 at 4:40 pm #

A bit dated was my first thought. I think if you changed the skirt part it would have felt more modern. But I don’t necessarily hate it as is.

7. Guest September 30, 2019 at 4:09 pm #

“Are you happy to see the return of Anna in looks that aren’t so delicate?”
    No, I am not because this dress is horrible.

8. Guest September 30, 2019 at 3:51 pm #

This is bad bad.

Her hair looks rained on the dress is a bad 8p’s parody. Just no.