Menu

March 29, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Olivia Palermo In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture - The Fashion Trust Arabia Gala

When the event requires it, Olivia Palermo will step outside her comfort-zone, and that was clearly the case at the Fashion Trust Arabia Prize awards ceremony on Thursday (March 28) in Doha, Qatar.

I truly believe this feather accented gown from Giambattista Valli’s Fall 2018 Haute Couture collection perhaps wouldn’t have been an option for a event in New York for example, and that’s OK.

If she wasn’t going to wear a floral and feather-festooned Haute Couture gown to a gala, then where?

We all know that Olivia goes for dominate accessories, so but on this occasion she wisely took a step back, and just added a silver clutch and small diamond earrings.

Did Olivia sell this look to you? Or was she some way behind Tracee Ellis Ross?

Giambattista Valli Fall 2018 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

Lupita Nyong'o In Muted Colours Is Still Striking On 'The View'

Lupita Nyong’o In Muted Colours Is Still Striking On ‘The View’

Beyonce And Jay-Z Opt For Tuxedos For The GLAAD Media Awards

Beyonce And Jay-Z Opt For Tuxedos For The GLAAD Media Awards

8 Responses to Olivia Palermo Has A Moment With Floral & Feathers At The Fashion Trust Arabia Gala

1. Caroline March 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm #

Over the top.

2. TeaAtTwo March 29, 2019 at 5:41 pm #

I was crazy about the gown the first but it has grown me a lot. I think TER sells it more, out of the two though. I’ve noticed that Olivia P wears a lot of repeats when it’s big brand/houses designs.

3. JHH March 29, 2019 at 4:03 pm #

I did not like this dress when the great Tracee Ellis Ross wore it and I do not like it now. It looks like something a fading Hollywood sex symbol wore in the 1940s while smoking a cigarette in one of those long cigarette holders and mourning her faded glory.

• phee March 29, 2019 at 10:52 pm #

• Leila March 30, 2019 at 10:28 am #

She looks like she’s ready to go to bed, one of those massive king size beds in a Sheikh’s palace or in the top 5 star hotels of the Middle East

4. meme March 29, 2019 at 3:18 pm #

No one could sell this look to me. It’s way too much. Way way too much. Minus the mock turtleneck top, I could see Jean Harlow swanning around in this.

5. Camilla March 29, 2019 at 3:16 pm #

Tracee Ellis Ross did it better, but I can understand why Olivia wouldn’t turn down the chance to wear it too – https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2018/10/25/tracee-ellis-ross-in-giambattista-valli-haute-couture-2018-instyle-awards/

• Catherine Kallon March 29, 2019 at 3:20 pm #