Menu

March 29, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Beyonce And Jay-Z Opt For Tuxedos For The GLAAD Media Awards

Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z to accepted the Vanguard Award at the 30th Annual GLAAD Media Awards on Thursday (March 28) in LA.

The couple took the stage to share their own personal experiences.

In Jay-Z’s speech he praised his mother, who came out as a lesbian on the groundbreaking track ‘Smile’ from his album 4:44, for which he received a GLAAD Special Recognition Award last year for the song and the music video.

Beyonce was overcome with emotion as she dedicated the award to her Uncle Johnny, who she called “The most fabulous gay man I ever knew.” Sadly, he died from HIV.

They say real men wear pink, so Jay-Z rocked a Frere tux with a light pink blazer.

Considering the tribute, I wasn’t surprised that she kept things simple in an Alexander Wang Fall 2019 blazer.

However, she is an entertainer after-all, so she allowed some flair within her look courtesy of Jimmy Choo’s ‘Aveline’ sandals.

Alexander Wang Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram

, , , , , ,

Olivia Palermo Has A Moment With Floral & Feathers At The Fashion Trust Arabia Gala

Isla Fisher Wears Raisa & Vanessa To 'The Beach Bum' LA Premiere

Isla Fisher Wears Raisa & Vanessa To ‘The Beach Bum’ LA Premiere

10 Responses to Beyonce And Jay-Z Opt For Tuxedos For The GLAAD Media Awards

1. VG March 30, 2019 at 6:33 am #

They can’t just pose hand in hand and smile huh? When does the pretentiousness end with these two?

And they both look bad

2. London March 30, 2019 at 1:16 am #

Hi Catherine. Are the post titles now changed from the original format? e.g. Celebrity, designer, event? I kinda miss that. Perhaps a quick voting system (thumbs up/down) in the header would be insightful for metrics, while refreshing the page/cookies/ads, for increased traffic/revenue.

3. TeaAtTwo March 29, 2019 at 4:26 pm #

I mean I don’t remember them speaking up for LGBTQ rights much in the past but anyway. I remember Rihanna doing something similar at the British Fashion Awards in Stella MacCartney? a couple years back and loving it more. But I’m glad it’s not another sequined or cutout form fitting dress.

4. JHH March 29, 2019 at 4:00 pm #

I love that Jay is rocking the “I’m so rich I do what I want with my hair” locks. I like his outfit. Beyonce’s is okay. He looks great in pink

5. Ruth March 29, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

This is bad, very bad.
    She looks so short in that outfit.
    By the way why is she and her husband being honoured with the vanguard award at a gay event, what has they done for the LGBT community?

• justme March 29, 2019 at 4:19 pm #

Beyoncé has donated, asked to donate and campaigned for LGBTQ rights since I was kid. She also makes a point to include LGBTQ people in her business ventures. She’s the embodiment of a straight ally lol. Like Britney or Janet who have both won this award in the past.

Jay-Z though… I like him but the bar is really low for rappers. He made a song to celebrate his lesbian mom and doesn’t use homophobic slurs (anymore) so he got one too.

• JHH March 29, 2019 at 6:53 pm #

I don’t know about Jay-Z but Beyonce has been advocating for, recognizing, working with and otherwise supporting the LGBT community for years.

6. meme March 29, 2019 at 3:53 pm #

Her style bores me. No pants or super short skirt/dress, lots of cleavage and wigs. It looks much better on the model.

• Amy March 29, 2019 at 6:12 pm #

+1. This one isn’t bad but not great either.

• phee March 29, 2019 at 10:56 pm #