Menu

March 24, 2020 Best Of

Which Was Your Favourite Charlize Theron Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Charlize Theron Awards Season Look

Charlize Theron’s awards season run for ‘Bombshell’ consisted of ten looks, of which, six were courtesy of Dior.

My least favourite was easily her SAG Awards Givenchy Haute Couture look.

Overall, the SAG Awards was probably the best night for fashion during awards season if you consider Cynthia Erivo, Scarlett Johansson, Renée Zellweger and Nicole Kidman looks that night, so this made her look all the more disappointing.

My favourite overall was by far the Louis Vuitton at the Costume Designers Guild Awards.

It was not only beautiful, but it was also like nothing we had seen on the South African actress before.

My runner up would’ve been the Dior at the Golden Globes had it been executed a little bit better.  However, it was the other gold dress from Dior at the Vanity Fair Oscar party that was my second favourite.

, , ,

Giambattista Valli Fall 2020 Red Carpet Wish List

Giambattista Valli Fall 2020 Red Carpet Wish List

Araya A. Hargate's Matchy Sunflower Print In Sretsis

Araya A. Hargate’s Matchy Sunflower Print In Sretsis

24 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Charlize Theron Awards Season Look?

1. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

Vanity Fairs Oscar party. The sleekness of it. Perfectly executed. The second favourite is golden globes though i would have preferred a different colour with black.

2. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

Easy win for her Louis Vuitton at the Costume Designers Guild Awards, IMO.

3. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

Loved the Louis Vuitton, the Bafta’s dress and the Oscar’s dress, but my heart kinda goes to th Givenchy one at the Producer Guild Awards, feels modern and cool, but elegant.

4. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

That LV was the worst imo. Those strange armbands. And all those other weird elements on the dress just really sink it.
    She didn’t have a great run but if I have to choose, its the Baftas or Oscars looks.

5. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

It wasn’t a particularly good awards season, fashion wise for Charlize looking back. I still can’t behind onboard with the armbands on the Louis Vuitton look. They just look pointlessly added and too random.

6. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

The first row are all so BLAH. The gold Louis Vuitton gown is the only thing of note here. As well-made as the gold fringed Dior Couture is, we’ve seen one-shoulder gold fringe dresses before a million times.

7. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

Unfortunately, all these LVMH designs are not her best. Wish she would venture out into other designers like Valentino, but her Dior contract (and stylist) are preventing her.

8. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

Yeah the Vuitton for sure, followed by the Celine at the Critics’ choice, I love her in a blazer

9. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

Givency at the PGAs for me.

10. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

The LV was amazing! Easily the standout here. I also really liked her BAFTAs look.

11. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

LV is my BDOTY already. The colour of the GG Dior is so amazing on her.

12. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:03 pm #

Agree that her Louis Vuitton at Costume Designers Guild Awards was her best and most unexpected.

13. Guest March 29, 2020 at 6:31 pm #

14. Nat39 March 27, 2020 at 8:56 pm #

15. CD March 27, 2020 at 9:22 am #

LV is my BDOTY already. The colour of the GG Dior is so amazing on her.

16. Chris March 26, 2020 at 5:32 pm #

17. Fee March 26, 2020 at 5:33 am #

Givency at the PGAs for me.

18. boy March 26, 2020 at 3:14 am #

19. Leo March 26, 2020 at 2:02 am #

20. Ksenia Bradner March 25, 2020 at 4:26 pm #

21. TeaAtTwo March 25, 2020 at 8:03 am #

22. pheephee March 25, 2020 at 4:09 am #

23. Martijn March 24, 2020 at 10:13 pm #

• alvarospain March 25, 2020 at 1:11 am #

Easy win for her Louis Vuitton at the Costume Designers Guild Awards, IMO.