Menu

January 20, 2020

Renée Zellweger In Maison Margiela Haute Couture -2020 SAG Awards

Renée Zellweger kept her bare shoulder game strong at the 2020 SAG Awards on Sunday (January 19) in LA.

First off, let’s just choose to ignore the ponytail. I’m not sure how to explain that.

But, neck down, this navy Maison Margiela Haute Couture gown (with pockets, no less!), which was created especially for her by John Galliano, was ever-so-striking.

Rather than rely on embellishments, the sculpted structure of the look was where it derived its dynamism.

The Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ black pumps seemed like an afterthought — kind of like that ponytail.

Credit: Getty

, , , , ,

Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior by John Galliano - 2020 SAG Awards

Jennifer Aniston In Christian Dior by John Galliano – 2020 SAG Awards

Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton - 2020 SAG Awards

Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton – 2020 SAG Awards

22 Responses to Renée Zellweger In Maison Margiela Haute Couture -2020 SAG Awards

1. Noor January 28, 2020 at 7:13 am #

Same structure but that color is divine on her. I wish if she could go for a ponytail. Gorgeous smile 😀

2. Guest January 25, 2020 at 4:30 pm #

I’m so done with this type of dress for her, can we see a different silhouette please? Thanks.

3. Guest January 21, 2020 at 3:47 pm #

I actually don’t mind the ponytail! It gives this really fun energy. It’s a stunningly constructed dress, and it seems like Renee and her stylist are really finding all the ways she can live in this silhouette. Thankfully, it looks good most of the time.

There’s a pink Schiaparelli Couture strapless that just hit the runway today that would look gorge on Renee. Lol

4. Mady1908 January 20, 2020 at 4:05 pm #

Hate that, I’m feeling bored by her style. I feel like she is always wearing the same kind of dresses… And this ponytail… no…

5. Originalmeme January 20, 2020 at 3:20 pm #

The dress is gorgeous. The gym hair is not.

6. Guest January 20, 2020 at 3:19 pm #

What’s wrong with the ponytail?
    I think it goes really well with this look!

7. Paola102 January 20, 2020 at 3:08 pm #

She should have attended a couple of fitting sessions before the red carpet. The fit doesn’t reflect custom to me.

8. Vizual Ninja January 20, 2020 at 1:44 pm #

Broken record…good dress, poor styling.

9. nooyoo January 20, 2020 at 12:12 pm #

This dress is wrong. She has such a wonderful figure and all this leaves me thinking is that she should have cinched her waist. NO for me!

10. Guest January 20, 2020 at 11:28 am #

Ok – I tend to not to comment on Renee but I don’t get her ‘bare shoulders’ memo for the awards season as I don’t think her shoulders look good for that matter.
    This is an ok dress but her look up from the chest area is not good.

11. Catarina_M January 20, 2020 at 9:49 am #

Another one that i only like from the neck down. The dress is amazing but, what happend to her hair??

12. Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:59 am #

Can’t say I hate the ponytail. This is the most playful she’s been on the red carpet lately so I’ll give it a pass. Overall a good look.

13. Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:53 am #

While the construction of this gown looks interesting, I’m not sure exactly how I feel about it. Not quite sure if the two pointy flaps over her bust are flattering or distracting. But, I do agree that her hair, esp the color, is hideous. Also, she could’ve used a bit more color on her face. As it is, she looks very washed out.

14. CharlotteLG January 20, 2020 at 8:27 am #

Hair and shoes are pretty wrong.
    I’m surprised to see the dress is Margiela, as, as good as it is, it’s pretty simple.

15. JR January 20, 2020 at 6:17 am #

Could you crop this picture from the neck down and just say it’s Renee? That ponytail is giving me nightmares.

16. Guest January 20, 2020 at 5:59 am #

This dress is fire!

17. Isabela January 20, 2020 at 5:39 am #

I feel like she always wears the same dress.

18. KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 3:42 am #

Glad Renee is back to color. Renee is so thin she can wear pretty much any silhouette and look great, but she is so Renee (ahem) that she psychologically cannot allow herself to dress outside of the Standard Feminine silhouette. Call me crazy, but Renee would be amazing in custom Givenchy Couture, Antonio Grimaldi Couture and Stephane Rolland Couture. If she would only take a breath!

19. Guest January 20, 2020 at 3:28 am #

This dress is gorgeous and full on in her wheelhouse. I am choosing to ignore the hair.

20. Guest January 20, 2020 at 3:27 am #

The hairstyle is just bizarre for me but maybe she wanted to channel some throwback Bridget Jones cutesy-ness?

21. JasLinds January 20, 2020 at 3:18 am #

I like this a lot. It’s modern and sleek, but still very Renee. the hair is really getting me down though.

22. Phee phee January 20, 2020 at 3:09 am #

I love the sculptural design. Its a lovely dress.
    But I find the fit at the waist or maybe its the pockets all wrong. Its not as sleek as I feel it should be.
    The hairstyle is a total fail!