Menu

December 17, 2019 Photocall, Runway To Red Carpet

‘Little Women’ London Photocalls

The cast of ‘Little Women’ joined Saoirse Ronan for the two London photocalls on Monday (December 16).

Timothée Chalamet:  As you know, when it comes to the young actors style, I am his biggest cheerleader.  I mean the kid can sell me paint splattered overalls, but for the first time I found myself question one of his looks yesterday.

I feel like the morning look has a vibe that is perfect suited to his “I just threw this together” style.

When it comes to the pink Thom Browne corduroy suit, I’m not a fan of the proportions.   It almost feels to like a “meet the parents” look.

Greta Gerwig: As the director of this film, Greta took a ‘boss lady’ approach with two Paul Smith suits.

Much like Saoirse and Timothée, I preferred the morning photocall look. Mostly for the colour, but also for the fit.  The blazer appears too big for her in the white look.

Florence Pugh: The actress was two for two in London for me.

Yes, we are seeing bare legs again in this Marco de Vincenzo Spring 2020 suit, which has a rich texture that you’ll recognize from Emilia Clarke’s ‘Last Christmas’ Berlin photocall look, but I love the edge the accessories gave this look.

For evening, the look had spring time feel.  I’m glad she didn’t opt for black again. This bespoke gingham Emilia Wickstead Spring 2020 pencil dress has a young and effervescent vibe that I haven’t really seen from Florence during this tour.

This is easily her best look.

Rupert Sanderson ‘Malory’ pumps provided the finishing touch.

Marco de Vincenzo Spring 2020
Emilia Wickstead Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Kelly Marie Tran Wore Jason Wu To The ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ LA Premiere

Juliette Binoche Dazzles In Balmain For The 4th International Film Festival Awards Macao (IFFAM)

19 Responses to ‘Little Women’ London Photocalls

1. Guest December 18, 2019 at 10:50 pm #

TC appeal I get it but he mostly looks styled and not perhaps his own style. I think these 2 are examples of this, so opposite the Gorillaz one does not look like what he would normally wear – always too styled.

2. Sharon M December 18, 2019 at 12:36 pm #

I am getting a bit tired of Timothee’s looks in general…we know he is adventurous in fashion, but that seems to be the main point in each of his looks. I am a bit tired of it.

i like Greta’s green suit but wish the shirt was different.

Florence’s outfits are good…love the dress but the suit’s texture is lost in black.

3. CharlotteLG December 18, 2019 at 9:42 am #

Greta Gerwig looks good in both looks but yes the fit of the first suit is better.
    I don’t like any of Timothée’s looks and Florence Pugh doesn’t look confortable in both looks.

4. JasLinds December 18, 2019 at 1:11 am #

I love that Timothee pushes the boundaries and we never know what we’re going to get, however I do agree that the proportions are a little off with that pink suit.
    Greta looks really good! I love the green suit.
    Florence – I like both looks, but the Emilia Wickstead is definitely a stand out, even if it’s a bit summery for the season. Beauty-wise she looks gorgeous.

5. Jess Mara December 18, 2019 at 12:29 am #

Timothee’s first look gets a big thumbs up from me but the rest are a bit meh. Greta’s high neck shirts feel too stiff and I’m not sold on Florence’s first look.

• Catarina_M December 18, 2019 at 11:33 am #

6. Guest December 18, 2019 at 12:28 am #

I don’t like anything here. Greta is a yawn as usual. Tim jumped the shark with both looks. You guys have praised him too much and now he thinks he can wear anything. Not feeling the bare legs of Florence’s first look and the black would have been worlds better for the second.

7. Guest December 18, 2019 at 12:18 am #

Greta in 2 different suit.

Here we go again with this, I did a job that is predominantly done by men,so now I gonna dress masculine to show power.

I knew she was gonna wear a pant suit.
    Any actress who directs a movie always shows up to the premiere wearing a pant suit/men’s clothing, further promoting the ideology that for u be powerful or taken seriously, u have to be masculine/wear mens clothing.

• CharlotteLG December 18, 2019 at 10:36 am #

I quite agree with you.
      Elizabeth Banks didn’t follow this during Charlie’s Angels promo tour, but still she dressed a bit more severe than usually.

• Guest December 18, 2019 at 2:17 pm #

Exactly!

8. Guest December 18, 2019 at 12:16 am #

I like Florence Pugh’s second look and Greta Gerwig’s suits, esp the green one for the reasons mentioned. But Chalamet just jumped the shark. Gorillaz?? Srsly? At a photocall for Little Women. Wholly disrespectful and inappropriate imo, take that childish mess elsewhere.

9. Vizual Ninja December 17, 2019 at 11:27 pm #

Timothee rocking the ‘it’ boy aesthetic well, as usual. Yawn at both of Greta’ looks. I like both of Florence’ looks, though I’d like to see that Emilia Wickstead on someone taller.

10. KseniaBradner December 17, 2019 at 10:53 pm #

I like Timmy’s first look. I am not sure what Florence’s style is at all because it’s not very defined; all I know is I like how she wears Valentino Couture pieces that we don’t think we’ll see off the runway.

11. Guest December 17, 2019 at 10:50 pm #

Teen Timothee stans will love the photocall getup. I like the pink suit outfit but I hate the hairstyle, it has smug hipster/aspiring politician over it.
    Greta looks too stiff and trying too hard to show herself in director’s hat.
    I love the de Vincenzo outfit in the runway turquoise, I was admiring it this very morning. The black is ok but the texture on the cardigan isn’t so visible. Florence’s chequered dress is lovely, it’s youthfully elegant.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 18, 2019 at 8:40 am #

Yeah. I was thinking about Timmy again last night. And I was wondering if it was the hair throwing me off. Now you said it, I think you’re right

• ? December 18, 2019 at 12:59 pm #

Timothee’s hair at the second look, was the first thing I noticed. With a different hairstyle I would have liked the look more, I think. For me it has a K-pop idol vibe which he can usually pull off.

anonymous as always

12. Los_NGLS December 17, 2019 at 10:33 pm #

The proportions of the pink suit didn’t bother me all that much, I’m very accustomed to Thom Browne’s skewed proportions, but I stopped liking it a bit when I read that it was corduroy. Pink such a light color for such a heavy fabric.

I do however like the pink/white cohesiveness of these looks (maybe they forgot to tell Saoirse, lol).

13. Originalmeme December 17, 2019 at 10:27 pm #

That pink suit on Timothee is awful. I wish Florence had worn the looks on the model’s, especially the Wickstead. The pink gingham screams Easter to me.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 18, 2019 at 8:44 am #

you’re right. The Wickstead is very Eastery. Perhaps that’s why I fell in love with it