Menu

September 10, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

The 2019 Toronto Film Festival has only just recently begun, but Sarah Paulson has already made a number of appearances in support of ‘Abominable’ and ‘The Goldfinch’ over the weekend on Saturday (September 7) and Sunday (September 8).

IMDb Studio: Abominable: Bringing high drama by way of proportions, this Valentino Resort 2020 dark red taffeta blouse with pouf sleeves and plum taffeta skirt had an elaborate mood that mixed gothic romance with bohemian spirit.

Valentino Resort 2020
Sarah Paulson In Miu Miu, 'Abominable' Toronto Film Festival Premieres

‘Abominable’ Premiere: On paper, this ditzy floral Miu Miu frock with its ruffle details would have seemed rather twee. But, in reality, the actress balanced the sweetness in an ultra-chic way with a white Miu Miu clutch and pointy pumps. I do think it could have benefited from a quick steam in some areas.

Sarah Paulson In Miu Miu, Burberry & Prada  - 'Abominable' & 'The Goldfinch' & Toronto Film Festival Premieres

Abominable’ Press Conference: Sarah upped her shoe game with statement heels to go with this Burberry Fall 2019 blazer and plisse skirt ensemble. I like the balance between menswear tailoring and retro-mod femininity here. The colour could have washed her out, so I’m not surprised she counteracted it with the vivid red lip.

Burberry Fall 2019
TORONTO, ONTARIO - SEPTEMBER 08:  Sarah Paulson attends "The Goldfinch" premiere during the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival at Roy Thomson Hall on September 08, 2019 in Toronto, Canada. (Photo by George Pimentel/Getty Images for TIFF)

‘The Goldfinch’ Premiere: At the premiere, Sarah swept in wearing a Prada sheer, embellished confection. Even though there was a lot of dress here with the long sleeves and ballgown-inspired silhouette, the effect was more enchanting than overwhelming with the allover micro-floral embroidery. It perfectly aligned to the darker style mystique she often gravitates to. A Tyler Ellis clutch polished if off seamlessly.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Felicity Jones In Valentino - 'The Aeronauts' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Felicity Jones In Valentino – ‘The Aeronauts’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Valentino, Christian Dior, Chloe & Chanel Haute Couture - HFPA/THR TIFF Party & 'The Goldfinch' Toronto Film Festival Press Conference & Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Valentino, Christian Dior, Chloe & Chanel Haute Couture – HFPA/THR TIFF Party & ‘The Goldfinch’ Toronto Film Festival Press Conference & Premiere

15 Responses to Sarah Paulson In Valentino, Miu Miu, Burberry & Prada – ‘Abominable’ & ‘The Goldfinch’ & Toronto Film Festival Premieres

1. Guest September 11, 2019 at 4:32 am #

Sarah is always fab. Love the shoes with the Burberry.

2. alvarospain September 10, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

She totally nailed it! 4 out of 4! Bravo! ?? The black Prada is my favourite.

3. Guest September 10, 2019 at 4:12 pm #

hate all of it but especially the burberry. billowing sillhouettes again. so boring and matronly. the prada is fine but unmemorable.

4. ? September 10, 2019 at 2:59 pm #

I love the colour combination of the first look! The dark green pumps were an amazing addition.
    I can’t say I am a fan of the rest of the looks, but Sarah Paulson has such a modern, regal and confident presence she makes everything work.

anonymous as always

5. Paola102 September 10, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

Look 1: 5/10. Too ballooney.
    Look 2: 5/10. Nice dress but fail on the creases
    Look 3: 8/10. Nice balance. love the skirt.
    Look 4: 9/10. Beautiful look and nicely accessorized. I would just add a light pink lipstick.

6. Guest September 10, 2019 at 12:29 pm #

The first look is abominable. The Miu Miu is too twee. The Burberry suit is bossexceot for those fug shoes. The Prada is meh.

7. Guest September 10, 2019 at 10:11 am #

I like the Burberry and love her in the Prada.

8. _Hannah_ September 10, 2019 at 10:06 am #

I do love the first look, it’s bold and big, and the colours combination is amazing. I also love premiere look – it’s captivating and enchanting. The two remaining looks are quite interesting but not my faves. But I love the shoes in Burberry look.

9. Guest September 10, 2019 at 10:05 am #

My favourite is the Miu Miu, especially with those accessories.

10. Guest September 10, 2019 at 9:27 am #

The prada and Miu Miu work well enough though I’m not head over heels about either. I don’t know, with the other two looks she isn’t selling me them as she usually does even though I quite like the clothes not the shoes with Burberry.

11. Phee phee September 10, 2019 at 4:30 am #

the first is super bad. The 3 colors, the sloppy fabric mess is just altogether ugly.
    the second is ok. I find it pretty prim n dull for a premiere.
    the third was a great press conference look, until I got to those shoes. they r hideous.
    the fourth I guess is my fave. its severe looking. but the sheer and silver saves it from going overboard.

12. Guest September 10, 2019 at 3:44 am #

I actually like all of these for the most part. The Burberry suit is really stunning, and I love all the styling details. The whole captures her style so perfectly. She looks great in the Prada gown, too.

13. Vizual Ninja September 10, 2019 at 3:39 am #

The first look is too heavy and drab. I like the other three, with the Prada as my favourite.

14. Guest September 10, 2019 at 2:42 am #

I love the blouse of the first look but with the skirt, it’s to dark and stormy milk maid for me. The third look is great and the red lip did help keep her firm being washed out but another color would have been even better at doing that. Somehow, even though It is not my style, I find myself adoring the fourth look from head to toe. I am ignoring the second look which other than I shoes is way too twee and does not work for her.

15. KseniaBradner September 10, 2019 at 2:41 am #

I really find the red and purple Valentino the most captivating look. I also love the green suede adding some more interest. The metallic flecked Prada gown isn’t boring and is memorable, even if you don’t like it. Sarah pulls it off.