Menu

September 10, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Nicole Kidman has already attended a trio of events for the 2019 Toronto Film Festival in Canada over the weekend with the HFPA/THR TIFF Party on Saturday (September 7) followed by ‘The Goldfinch’ press conference and premiere on Sunday (September 8).

HFPA/THR TIFF Party: I could have gotten on board with this Valentino Fall 2018 rose-embossed gown, but I was too distracted by Nicole’s long strands that got in the way of the bodice. I do like that she did something different with accessories, playing off the pale pink accent hue with an Edie Parker clutch and Chloe Gosselin sandals.

Valentino Fall 2019

‘The Goldfinch’ Toronto Film Festival Press Conference: We don’t always see the actress go for this particular brand of edginess — mainly courtesy of those lug-sole shoes. But, she rocked this tougher style with signature grace, donning a Dior Resort 2020 cashmere embroidered sweater and white silk blouse paired with Chloe cropped leather trousers.

‘The Goldfinch’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere: Of her three appearances, this beautifully embellished Chanel Spring 2019 Haute Couture lace gown was my favourite — not only for its balletic glamour and dark enchantment, but also because her swept-back locks, red lip, and striking emerald-studded jewels elevated rather than detracted from the dress. I have mixed feelings on the booties, but I am currently okay with them because of the unexpected intrigue they add to the look.

Chanel Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Sarah Paulson In Valentino, Miu Miu, Burberry & Prada  - 'Abominable' & 'The Goldfinch' & Toronto Film Festival Premieres

Sarah Paulson In Valentino, Miu Miu, Burberry & Prada – ‘Abominable’ & ‘The Goldfinch’ & Toronto Film Festival Premieres

2019 Toronto Film Festival Menswear

2019 Toronto Film Festival Menswear

28 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Valentino, Christian Dior, Chloe & Chanel Haute Couture – HFPA/THR TIFF Party & ‘The Goldfinch’ Toronto Film Festival Press Conference & Premiere

1. MissCoco September 12, 2019 at 10:28 am #

I love the first look, also the hair! Maybe not with that look, but anyways…. with a loose bun or ponytail would be perfect. The Chanel look is the best, super sleek and also bringing something different in shoes department. I like the overall efect.

2. JasLinds September 11, 2019 at 1:08 am #

The Chanel is so gorgeous! The detailing is incredible. And I’m kind loving it unexpectedly paired with the boots.

3. Guest September 10, 2019 at 6:49 pm #

One hairstyle worse than the other one

4. alvarospain September 10, 2019 at 5:00 pm #

The Chanel’s length is awkward and the shoes horrible. Don’t like it.

5. ? September 10, 2019 at 3:10 pm #

I prefer the first dress as presented on the runway, although I appreciate the pale pink accessories. But as for the hair, this picture just reminded me how much I would like to see her with red hair again.
    With that being said, the last look is my favourite of the three as well. I wouldn’t have gone with those boots, but she makes them work.

anonymous as always

6. Guest September 10, 2019 at 2:57 pm #

any ID on the shoes in the second photo?

• ? September 10, 2019 at 3:04 pm #

Louis Vuitton ?

anonymous as always

7. Paola102 September 10, 2019 at 1:43 pm #

The beautiful first dress needed the second hairstyle.
    The pants length is awkward. Love the shoes and the sweater.
    The third look is lovely.

8. Guest September 10, 2019 at 1:06 pm #

One of my pet peeves is when people wear their hair down when the top of the dress is the feature. Otherwise a cute look.

Second look is a bit off for me and the hair is doing her face no favours.

Live the third look head to toe, even the booties.

9. Guest September 10, 2019 at 12:25 pm #

The Chanel dress is gorgeous. I don’t mind the booties. Her beauty look is fabulous. The second look I like the sweater and the shoes. The pants are too short and baggy. The first look is a no. Baggy black sack.

10. Guest September 10, 2019 at 11:07 am #

Love her hair on 3rd look

11. Guest September 10, 2019 at 11:02 am #

That Chanel look is everything! Even down to the boots which I adore! She’s probably the only actress that can pull it off!

12. Guest September 10, 2019 at 11:00 am #

Her hair is terrible. She needs to invest in a talented hairstylist. Ruins nearly all her looks. So distracting

13. Guest September 10, 2019 at 10:09 am #

The press conference look is a bit of a mess. I really don’t like the pants or the shoes and don’t think any of the pieces work with each other.
    The Chanel look is really gorgeous, though!

14. Guest September 10, 2019 at 10:03 am #

I’m loving the shoes in all three looks.

15. _Hannah_ September 10, 2019 at 10:01 am #

The third look (even with the boots) is stunning. The second one – interesting. The first – I don’t get it and I’d prefer not to see it.

16. Guest September 10, 2019 at 9:17 am #

I really wish she had worn her hair back/up with the Valentino, the look feels cluttered with her hair down in front. The photocall look is something I would have never picked out for Nicole but I do like it as casual look even I’m not a cheerleader for flatform shoes.
    I adore the pristine old school movie star elegant glamour of her Chanel look but I despise the booties.

17. Guest September 10, 2019 at 6:20 am #

She needs to do something with that hair – it completely runs the first look (as was the case on many occasions in the last year or so).

I like the third look (even the boots).

• Guest September 10, 2019 at 6:40 am #

Nicole needs a new hair stylist ASAP. Her hair has looked fried and limp for several red carpet appearances that completely RUIN the look. I understand she’s getting older, but that’s no excuse when it’s paired with luxury designer clothing!

18. Phee phee September 10, 2019 at 3:50 am #

The third one is also my fave. Although the booties kinda get me.
    dress is lovely.
    I like the pink touches of the first look. thats about it.
    the second has potential. I like what she was going for….but the pants length is a real let down.

19. Guest September 10, 2019 at 3:41 am #

The Chanel dress is really gorgeous, and she looks amazing in it. Shame about those aggressive black boots, though!

• Alejandra6 September 10, 2019 at 7:48 am #

I have earned $24 on…easy job 50

• Alejandra6 September 10, 2019 at 7:48 am #

I have earned $24 on…easy job 50

• Guest September 10, 2019 at 2:09 pm #

Why dont you go F yourself? Nobody asked for your free advertise.

20. Vizual Ninja September 10, 2019 at 3:36 am #

Hair ruins the top look. Hate the second. The third is good and suits her.

21. Noor September 10, 2019 at 3:00 am #

I’ve been starting to think that she has given up on styling. First look proves it again. Loose hair doesn’t go well.

22. Guest September 10, 2019 at 2:44 am #

She looks like a wax figurine of Nicole Kidman. The Chanel dress is gorgeous.

23. KseniaBradner September 10, 2019 at 2:43 am #

These three looks are as edgy as Nicole Kidman gets, and I appreciate that she’s throwing curveballs -by her standards, anyway- with these three looks. You can’t wear Armani Prive column gowns all the time.