Menu

February 10, 2019

Clive Davis’ 2019 Pre-GRAMMY Gala

Posted by Heather Cichowski

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Clive Davis' 2019 Pre-GRAMMY Gala

Celebrities were in the party spirit at Clive Davis’ 2019 Pre-GRAMMY Gala on Saturday (February 9) in Beverly Hills, California.

ASAP Rocky: He was popping in a pink Loewe Fall 2019 suit. There will be people who’ll object to the exaggerated oversized proportions, but he made the look his own with his styling and pearly jewellery.

Rita Ora: Never one to disappoint in the drama department, the singer was encircled in whimsical embellishment in Yanina Couture Spring 2019. Her finishing touches play into the flowing ensemble without competing.

Miguel: The ‘War & Leisure’ singer’s bold red suit and coordinating shirt had a commanding presence, but the impact was totally lost with the horrible shoes.

Julia Michaels: The chanteuse’s Adriana Iglesias dress had a mesmerizing kaleidoscopic effect with the textured material and pattern. It was bohemian without being cliché.

Bebe Rexha: She made a dramatic entrance in a sculptural August Getty Atelier Spring 2019 look with a Hearts On Fire necklace. The jewels played into the pattern, but a bare neck would have kept the focus firmly on the sweeping skirt hem.

Ellie Goulding: The English singer was outfitted in an intricately decorated Chloe Resort 2019 ensemble. The ombré shoes coordinate with the tones, but they might lose the look some fans.

Ciara: Her Romona Keveža Spring 2018 gown certainly didn’t lack sensuality with the racy slit and slashed neckline.

Angela Bassett: It takes one a second to figure out exactly what is going on here. The dance inspiration is evident, but it’s beginning to feel more like a performance piece.

Maren Morris: The country singer didn’t overdo it in a breezy Giamba Pre-Fall 2019 ensemble. A different bag would have brought out the shimmering stripes.

Dua Lipa: The prim bow and silhouette was brought to life with the bold blue fabric. Had it been crafted in a pastel, it would not have had the striking impact this look presents.

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features America Ferrera In J. Mendel - 'How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World' LA Premiere

America Ferrera In J. Mendel – ‘How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World’ LA Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Thandie Newton In Valentino - 2019 BAFTA Awards

Thandie Newton In Valentino – 2019 BAFTAs

16 Responses to Clive Davis’ 2019 Pre-GRAMMY Gala

1. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

ASAP made me lol. I actually like Rita’ look here, fun and event appropriate. I agree about Miguel, shoe choice ruined it. Ciara looks smoking as usual but it’s very repetitive. And weird choice Dua, I like the dress but not buying it on her.

2. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

I totally agree.

3. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

O Love ASAP Rocky (!) loving the fresh unexpected pink, the relaxed proportions – he looks current and stylish and pulls it all off with ease. He actually made my BDMOTY list last year, and I’d expect more looks like this one from him this year, he knows how to keep it fresh.

4. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

A$ap looks straight clownish with the sloppy mismatching lapels suit and half untucked shirt. If it had been designed and presented sleekly like Miguel had it would have been a cool look. Miguel should have chosen better shoes though. Rita needs to go to fashion rehab. Dua looks really nice. I thought Julia’s tatts were part of the dress, her black shoes stick out though, unfortunately.

5. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

Miguel looks amazing in that oversize jacket. Love the colour too. Im not sure about the dirty sneakers tho. Are dirty sneakers still a trend in men’s fashion?

6. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

Dua and Ellie look good.

7. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

LIke Vizual NInja, I like Dua’s dress but am not buying it on her. Maren looks good. Miguel’s look is great. I am pretending that he forgot the shoes he meant to wear at home and so had to wear the sneakers. I have a soft spot for A$AP Rocky so I like this look — it could have been love if the pants had fit better.

8. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

O, this is pretty bad RC lineup. The first two are just awful.
    ASAP has the worst fit ever. Just terrible. Rita styled hers all wrong.

I love Bebes try at least. Its interesting and not all naked and sloppy as usual.

The rest are big NO’s.

9. phee February 10, 2019 at 8:41 pm #

O, this is pretty bad RC lineup. The first two are just awful.
    ASAP has the worst fit ever. Just terrible. Rita styled hers all wrong.

The rest are big NO’s.