Menu

07.12.18 Premiere

End Of The Week Red Carpet Roundup

As the week draws to a close, we look back at some of the beauties who made statements on the red carpet.

Emily Blunt: The actress showcased the designer’s feminine charm in a brightly coloured Carolina Herrera Spring 2019 outfit at SiriusXM’s Town Hall with the cast of ‘Mary Poppins Returns.’ The frock will likely have many dreaming of spring.

Tracee Ellis Ross: The ‘Black-ish’ star embraced a glamorous disco spirit in Gucci Resort 2019 at Equality Now’s Make Equality Reality Gala 2018. It’s a completely different mood than the runway version and is in keeping with her bold aesthetic.

Glenn Close: Outfitted in Dior Pre-Fall 2018 with a Dior leather embroidered tarot clutch, the actress proved the merits of clean lines at the Museum Of The Moving Image Salute to Glenn Close.

Camila Mendes: If this Solace London Resort 2019 look is feeling a bit familiar, that’s because Kiki Layne wore the black version of these trousers. As much as I loved the colour-block look, this tonal offering is so pretty.

Amal Clooney: For the Massachusetts Conference for Women, the International lawyer was looking a chic as ever wearing a Givenchy Spring 2019 look.

Olivia Wilde: The actress was a sultry lady in red Selma Cilek at the GQ party, styled with a La Perla bra.

Yalitza Aparicio: The ‘Roma’ actress punctuated her Michael Kors Collection Fall 2018 frock with purple heels at The New York Times Magazine Celebrates The Great Performers Issue event. The outfit was as radiant as her smile.

Marina De Tavira: Yalitza’s costar also fell for the charms of a bold dress with brighter heels. She donned Novis Spring 2019 to the ‘Roma’ Q&A.

Natalia Vodianova: There is a lot of detail in the Russian beauty’s Ulyana Sergeenko Couture ensemble. It’s feminine and whimsical but methinks the same effect would have been achieved without the sleeves.

Naomi Campbell: The supermodel was a vision in Atelier Versace at the (RED) Auction 2018 photocall. She might not be in the expected hue but this was a goddess moment.

Winnie Harlow: At L’Eden By Perrier-Jouët in Miami Beach, she revealed some leg in Julien Macdonald Spring 2019. The vibrant style showcased the designer’s sexy aesthetic. Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Harmony’ sandals didn’t distract from the hot mini.

Storm Reid: The young actress showcased her grownup sense of style in Chloe Resort 2019 at the Teen Vogue Summit. The colour palette is quite mature so I was pleased to see the chain detail because it added a bit of playfulness.

Julia Roberts: She seems to have a fondness for prints at the moment, especially polka dots. After donning a spotted dress, the actress experimented with different pattern scales in Derek Lam 10 Crosby Spring 2019 at SiriusXM.

Madelaine Petsch: The ‘Riverdale’ actress’s Miu Miu ensemble had plenty of prom spirit at the 2018 GQ Men Of The Year Party. The purple eyeshadow might upstage the glittering details.

Ana Beatriz Barros: The Brazilian model joined Gigi Hadid at the Pirelli calendar launch gala. The shimmering accents on her Alberta Ferretti Fall 2018 gown made enough sparkle to rival traditional jewels. You may remember that Mindy Kaling wore this same dress to the ‘Ocean’s 8’ London premiere.

Julia Garner: Paying a visit to ‘The Ellen Show,’ the ‘Ozark’ actress put a preppy foot forward in a refined gingham Derek Lam Spring 2019 dress.

Ileana D’Cruz: The Indian actress shimmered in a custom navy blue Ohaila Khan Couture gown at the Marrakech Film Festival. It had such poetic beauty for the way the sleeves split then fall.

Credit: Getty

Menswear End Of The Week Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear End Of The Week Red Carpet Roundup

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature Kate Bosworth In Proenza Schouler, Gabriela Hearst & Calvin Klein - 'Nona' Promotion & New York Premiere

Kate Bosworth In Proenza Schouler, Gabriela Hearst & Calvin Klein – ‘Nona’ Promotion & New York Premiere

13 Responses to End Of The Week Red Carpet Roundup

1. TeaAtTwo December 9, 2018 at 11:27 am #

Mindy Kaling wore Ana’s dress back in June x https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2018/06/13/mindy-kaling-in-alberta-ferretti-oceans-8-london-premiere/

• Catherine Kallon December 9, 2018 at 5:41 pm #

2. TJ December 8, 2018 at 10:21 pm #

Emily, Amal & Tracee looking gorgeous. And call me crazy, but Olivia Wilde pulls that otherwise a bit tacky outfit for me. Maybe because of the perfect hair & make-up.

3. TeaAtTwo December 8, 2018 at 11:03 am #

Apart from Olivia’s outfit which needed hemming and a proper top to feel less Pj I like all the outfits. I agree Naomi’s dress is beautiful and the colour divine on her but done may times before design. I would add silver pumps to Glenn’s suit. Yalitza and Marina’s looks really charm me. Camila styled those pants very well. Amal looks chic and cool, a great work to bar outfit.

4. TeaAtTwo December 8, 2018 at 10:56 am #

I think Mindy Kaling wore Ana’s dress back in June https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2018/06/13/mindy-kaling-in-alberta-ferretti-oceans-8-london-premiere/

5. JHH December 8, 2018 at 12:40 am #

A lot of these women terrific. Tracee’s dress is definitely in her aesthetic and is a great dress but is not especially great on her. I am not a big fan of looks that can be described with the phrase “styled with a La Perla Bra” so Olivia’s look is a no for me. I agree with Phee about Naomi’s dress and while the dress fits so very well, it feels dated. Julia looks very youthful here but the outfit is juvenile. The others look great though I am especially in love with Julia’s and Glenn’s looks.

• JHH December 8, 2018 at 12:52 am #

I meant to write: I agree with Phee about Naomi’s makeup and while the dress fits so very well, it feels dated.

6. CreoleLady December 8, 2018 at 12:22 am #

TER, hair goals, love everything from the neck up. Julia Garner, something very appealing about that look, prim yet modern and relaxed. Whoever thought to put such a vibrant young Storm in that black muumuu should be dismissed.

7. Camilla December 7, 2018 at 11:35 pm #

Natalia BDOTW nom needed, honourable mentions to Naomi and a Winnie.

8. phee December 7, 2018 at 11:05 pm #

Natalias is intriguing to me. Refreshing different look.

Naomis hair and makeup look terrible. The dress is lovely but she’s not working it at all.
    Olivias bra look isn’t working for me at all. She’s better than that.
    Julia looks a bit juvenile.
    The rest are surprisingly okay.

9. Ksenia December 7, 2018 at 10:35 pm #

Ileana looks like a dream.

Someone draw and quarter me I don’t like an Olivia Wilde look.

Love Tracy in Gucci. Her whole vibe is Gucci, I’m surprised she doesn’t wear Gucci more often.

I’d like to see Storm’s look on a woman 30 years older than her, with height. I like Julia’s quirky look, it has lots of personality, it is black but isn’t boring.

That dress is divine on Yalitza.

Can we nominate Glenn Close for Best Dressed Queen with Judith Light?

10. DorianGray December 7, 2018 at 10:17 pm #

Maybe Naomi deserved a post of her own.
    Amazing look.

• JessNess December 8, 2018 at 6:31 am #

I don’t agree. Naomi’s dress is pretty. But nothing we haven’t seen a thousand times before