Menu

05.11.18

2018 LACMA Art + Film Gala

2018 LACMA Art + Film Gala

There was plenty more glamour on display on the red carpet at the 2018 LACMA Art + Film Gala on Saturday (November 3) in Los Angeles, California, joining Kiki Layne, Zoe Kravitz and Rowan Blanchard.

Dakota Johnson: I know sheer yokes aren’t favoured by most, but this Gucci look could’ve translated as too heavy and gothic-like for Dakota without it.

Salma Hayek: Seeing Salma in this Gucci gold gown, it’s feels like it would’ve been perfect for the ’80s soap Dynasty. The jewel play their part too.

2018 LACMA Art + Film Gala

Olivia Hamilton: This J. Mendel Spring 2019 pink gown was so pretty and oozing with ethereal charm.

Kim Kardashian: The reality star opted for a vintage Gucci Fall 2002 by Tom Ford. She even worked in the crucifix that accompanied the look on the runway. This bias-cut dress is something she does a lot, so there are no surprises here.

Andra Day: The singer was looking very festive in her Zac Posen gown, thanks to her additional styling of red and green jewels.

2018 LACMA Art + Film Gala

Billie Lourd: Her Gucci dress may have a sweet nature, but her attitude feels quite rebellious for a confusing mix.

Hari Nef: The actress was back to wearing Gucci after a spell opting for Simone Rocha. While I’m not crazy about the silhouette, I do love the drama of the ruffled bodice and twinkling embellishments.

2018 LACMA Art + Film Gala

Kourtney Kardashian: Like her sister, the reality star kept things simple in vintage Gucci.

Liberty Ross: For a second I thought this dress was  by The Vampire’s Wife, but Liberty is actually wearing Gucci.

Miranda Kerr: The model wore a season perfect Gucci Fall 2018  dress which was tailored to a body conscious fit, unlike the loose fit we saw on the runway.

2018 LACMA Art + Film Gala

Lana Del Rey: Am I alone in believing that this Gucci gown feels like it would’ve been perfect for Madonna?

Paris Jackson: I’m surprised that Paris Jackson didn’t opt for something that suited her boho style. And I’m also surprised that she opted to wear this Gucci Spring 2018 gown with sneakers.

Credit: Getty

Gabrielle Union In Rebecca de Ravenel - 'American Son' Broadway Opening Night

Gabrielle Union In Rebecca de Ravenel – ‘American Son’ Broadway Opening Night

2019 Breakthrough Prize Ceremony

2019 Breakthrough Prize Ceremony

13 Responses to 2018 LACMA Art + Film Gala

1. YoungTimGunn November 7, 2018 at 2:46 pm #

Paris and the Kardashians, the ugly bland of it all.

2. Caroline November 7, 2018 at 12:43 am #

I am perplexed at the awfulness of it all.

3. Vuong November 7, 2018 at 12:00 am #

Liberty Ross and Miranda Kerr are absolutely gorgeous! BDOTW contender for Liberty!

4. AndyGER November 6, 2018 at 2:47 pm #

Looks Like Salma has borrowed her dress from Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan

5. Camilla November 6, 2018 at 2:44 pm #

Miranda Kerr’s dress really reminded me of Cacharel’s aesthetic back in the day….

6. TeaAtTwo November 6, 2018 at 1:10 pm #

Lot’s of bad or boring looks but Olivia out the bunch. I like the more fitted Gucci dress Miranda has on but she’s not selling it. I think Dakota in Paris’ dress would have been better and she’d have styled it much better than those awful sneakers.

7. Noemi November 6, 2018 at 11:52 am #

Dakota Johnson and Gucci are a perfect match. I think this is one of her best red carpet looks, ever.
    Salma Hayek is so Dynasty! And I like it.
    Kim Kardashian looks so beautiful, and I love Liberty Ross, too. And yes, that dress is so The Vampire’s Wife!
    Lana Del Rey… I’m biased about her, she’s another Gucci’s perfect ambassador. I’m so curious about the campaign and the new Gucci Guilty (which is my favorite fragrance, now).
    Paris Jackson… why those shoes? Why do those shoes even exist?!?

8. JHH November 6, 2018 at 7:44 am #

Dakota’s beauty look is fantastic — her best ever IMO. Most of the Gucci dresses are super dated or derivative and when you are derivative of Vampire’s WIfe, you know things are bad. I know that Gucci is doing a throwback thing right now but Salma’s dress literally looks like something from the set of Dynasty. Dakota’s dress is the only okay Gucci one in this bunch. The J. Mendel and the Zac Posen are pretty good looks though I think I have seen that Zac Posen design forever. What are those things on Paris’ feet?

9. Phee November 6, 2018 at 3:19 am #

Dakota looks wonderful. Its very classy. Even her hair is working.

10. Isabela November 6, 2018 at 2:40 am #

I only like Miranda, all the others dresses look cheap or ill fitting.

Liberty and Kourtney are ok.

• Iva November 6, 2018 at 10:40 am #

I also like Miranda’s dress here.
      Though it perhaps might be considered underdressed in comparison to others.

11. meme November 6, 2018 at 2:17 am #

Dakota looks amazing…old Hollywood. The kardashians, Andra (what a wrinkled mess), Paris, Lana and Salma dresses are beyond awful. The rest are meh.

12. Caitlin November 6, 2018 at 1:55 am #

Wow, I just love Andra Day’s style. I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a look of hers. I was actually thinking Salma looked like a 40s silver screen star.

WAIT, that’s NOT the Vampire’s Wife?? I am all agog!!