Menu

December 11, 2017 Premiere

Laura Dern In Vivienne Westwood Couture -‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ LA Premiere

Laura Dern joined Daisy Ridley, Lupita Nyong’o and Gwendoline Christie for the ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ premiere on Saturday (December 9) in Los Angeles, California.

The actress wore black embroidered tulle gown with lace underdress detail from the Vivienne Westwood Couture Collection.

You can’t fault the finer details which are so beautiful, yet the shade and length of the underdress kills this look for me.

Credit: Getty

Dita von Teese In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture - 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' LA Premiere

Dita von Teese In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture – ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ LA Premiere

Dove Cameron In Galvan - 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' LA Premiere

Dove Cameron In Galvan – ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ LA Premiere

9 Responses to Laura Dern In Vivienne Westwood Couture -‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ LA Premiere

1. Broken-heartedstylist February 7, 2019 at 12:01 pm #

This is the problem when stylists think the are designers and change the lining of a dress. I saw the original version and it was stunning. Brands shouldn’t let stylists change the design of things and keep the integrity of their designs. Massive disappointment she got this dress I would have loved to place it on one of my girls! #brokenheartedstylist

2. Valeria December 15, 2017 at 1:29 pm #

I suspect this is a total miss from the stylist for not foreseeing – or trying things out- with close-to-red-carpet conditions. Chances are that lining looks nearly invisible in person, but the photo flash just makes it stand out pretty badly. Otherwise a great look

3. Alina December 11, 2017 at 6:42 pm #

Big no.

4. Pheephee December 11, 2017 at 4:37 pm #

Has she ever changed her hairstyle?
    I agree about the horrid lining. This is a no.

5. Boy December 11, 2017 at 3:28 pm #

I like how she looks on the close up picture, but yeah, the underdress is nagl.

6. pinksugar December 11, 2017 at 3:28 pm #

I don’t care for this mess of a dress, it gives the illusion that you can see her undergarments and at the age of 50, it just looks like too much on her. Sadly she doesn’t even have good hair/makeup or jewels to save this.

• meme December 11, 2017 at 3:37 pm #

7. Caroline December 11, 2017 at 2:39 pm #

Laura can do and has done much better than this.

8. Lashae December 11, 2017 at 2:08 pm #

So tired of these dated sheer type of dresses

Even though I don’t care for her dress, her whole look could have stood out more if she had better hair, makeup and accessories