Menu

September 18, 2017

Elisabeth Moss In Atelier Prabal Gurung – 2017 Emmy Awards

Elisabeth Moss has been attending (and has been nominated) for Emmys over the last few years. Once again nominated, the actress attended the 2017 Emmy Awards on Sunday night (September 17).

At first glance, I felt underwhelmed. In my opinion, the above-the-ankle Atelier Prabal Gurung dress didn’t do enough for her apart from show off her Olgana Paris shoes.

While not all nominees need to shout with sequins and feathers, I felt there needed to be something more impactful for the actress who is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for ‘The Handmaid’s Tale.’

Not to be missed was the ACLU ribbon attached to her Christian Louboutin ‘Vanite’ clutch which is meant to encourage Congress to pass a “clean” Dream Act, and has been spotted on numerous stars at the last few major red carpets, including Elisabeth’s costar Alexis Bedel.

Forevermark completed her look.

Credit: Gett

Laura Dern In Proenza Schouler - 2017 Emmy Awards

Laura Dern In Proenza Schouler – 2017 Emmy Awards

Zoe Kravitz In Christian Dior Couture - 2017 Emmy Awards

Zoe Kravitz In Christian Dior Couture – 2017 Emmy Awards

39 Responses to Elisabeth Moss In Atelier Prabal Gurung – 2017 Emmy Awards

1. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

I KNOW RIGHT!!! Tragic.

2. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

Tragic indeed. ATELIER? FFS

3. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

So sad to look at this dress. This is the best Prabal Gurung can do for a nominee? Sad.

4. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

I agree. It doesn’t surprise me. It’s slightly worse than I expected, though… It really is a bland look.

5. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

At first, second and all glances, I am underwhelmed by this look but not surprised because Elizabeth Moss is not a fashion person.

6. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

The silhouette is way too twee and the color is washing her out. Considering she is favored to win I can’t believe she didn’t go for a more impactful look.

7. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

I really like her beauty look and her earrings but I am mystified by this dress choice! She can and has done so much better. This is a huge night for her career. Strange.

8. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

Dorky and prom-like

9. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

Come on! This was her big night… I can’t believe this is Prabal Gurung. Boring, uninspiring.

10. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

Sad to see a nominee and winner in such a plain and ill-fitting dress. the color is also drab
    And this is Atelier?say what?

11. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

This is so bland.

12. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

Wow! This was spot-on for me. Surprised by the other reactions.
    It feels lighter, more fun. She looks at ease and like she’s having fun. I could totally see Marilyn Monroe or even Christina Hendricks in this. Perfect!

13. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

This dress needed an amazing fit to convey the minimalistic charm that was surely its point. Sadly, the fit isn’t amazing, it’s not even very good, so the look falls flat. (Contrasting shoes and clutch in pretty much any colour would’ve done so much for this. The shoes are a shade or two off from the dress, so the whole tone-in-tone effect goes down the drain)

14. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

It did wash her out unfortunately, I like the idea but it fell a bit flat. Fit was not great and I wish it had not been so short – even ballerina length would have worked better. Was missing a bit of something extra for me…

15. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

This dress was a big miss. I watched her accepting her award and the dress was just so ill fitting and blah. She is too short waisted to wear this type of dress. I know because I have the same issue. On a long waisted, swan like figure a dress like this would ooze minimalist sophistication. But on her it looked ill fitting and prom like and the color was beyond blah on her. Sorry to be so harsh, because in the end she won an Emmy but the dress was pretty awful.

16. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

It’s just so…slouchy… partly her posture, partly the dress being ill fitted I think. The colour and cut is just so plain and boring from someone who was a favourite long before she stepped foot on the carpet. The shoes, the bag, the dress, it’s all just so flat and monotone. Perhaps a berry lip might have helped. I don;t know if she and Karla Welch just decided to do something simple and let her speech and the show do the talking or something. I just expected more. She has only ever truly wowed me once and that was the floral Oscar de la Renta at the Tony Awards a few years ago, I guess I expected more from someone who had multiple nominations (and wins) on the night

17. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

From what I’ve heard, she’s the favorite to win, but this look doesn’t exactly scream “winner”. I’m not feeling the shoes. Otherwise, she looks lovely, though.

18. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

Looks like an ill-fitting prom dress. Don’t know why she would wear that to the Emmys.

19. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

I really love the dress and the shoes. The soft pinks are so beautiful. I agree maybe she needed a more impressive look for this event though.

20. Sian September 18, 2017 at 10:42 pm #

21. Camille September 18, 2017 at 5:22 pm #

22. Fiona - Perth September 18, 2017 at 3:52 pm #

23. Marie September 18, 2017 at 12:31 pm #

24. adrian September 18, 2017 at 12:16 pm #

Wow! This was spot-on for me. Surprised by the other reactions.

25. TeaAtTwo September 18, 2017 at 11:21 am #

This is so bland.

26. charlotte September 18, 2017 at 7:53 am #

And this is Atelier?say what?

27. Alina September 18, 2017 at 6:40 am #

28. Boy September 18, 2017 at 4:45 am #

Dorky and prom-like

29. Megs222 September 18, 2017 at 2:31 am #

30. AnderBoBo September 18, 2017 at 2:06 am #

31. JHH September 18, 2017 at 1:46 am #

• Schoolbea September 18, 2017 at 9:46 am #

32. Christine September 18, 2017 at 1:44 am #

• Caroline September 18, 2017 at 1:46 am #

+1 and it’s ATELIER Prabal Gurung. Any RTW piece was better than this.

• Christine September 18, 2017 at 1:49 am #