Menu

June 12, 2017

Cynthia Nixon In Rosie Assoulin – 2017 Tony Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Cynthia Nixon picked up the Best Featured Actress in a Play for ‘The Little Foxes’ at the 2017 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on Sunday (June 11) in New York City.

She looked pretty in pink in a strapless custom Rosie Assoulin dress which featured an oversized bow detail trailing at the back.

The understated colour choice works well against the actress’s pale skin tone and golden Fred Leighton jewels. I particularly like the pop of red her pumps provides.

A slick of pink lipstick and textured side swept hairstyle finished this look perfectly. I just wish the hem of the dress could have been pressed a little better.

Credit: Getty

Anna Kendrick In Miu Miu  - 2017 Tony Awards

Anna Kendrick In Miu Miu – 2017 Tony Awards

Sarah Paulson In Rodarte -  2017 Tony Awards

Sarah Paulson In Rodarte – 2017 Tony Awards

11 Responses to Cynthia Nixon In Rosie Assoulin – 2017 Tony Awards

1. MissCoco July 15, 2017 at 12:38 pm #

Love the shape, color and fabric. Yes, the creases are theme but I can’t see them in the beautiful overall. The makeup suits her skin very well. The Red shoes are the perfect detail as her necklace

2. Marie June 12, 2017 at 7:28 pm #

In theory, this should be amazing. Sadly, the fabric falls very strangely, has creases in it and the fit seems off.

3. kat June 12, 2017 at 6:52 pm #

This reminds me of another dress we saw recently that also featured an asymmetrical bow in the back but I can’t remember who wore it. (Zellweger wore the Herrera dress in 2004 and the one I’m thinking of was over the past couple of months.)

4. kane June 12, 2017 at 6:39 pm #

I can see all its faults and yet don’t mind them.

• anonymous as always June 12, 2017 at 9:31 pm #

5. JHH June 12, 2017 at 5:18 pm #

I don’t like the fit through the bust and yes some pressing would have worked wonders but then Cynthia would have probably had to stand the entire night to keep the dress free of creases. I hate the shoes.

6. MIGUEL June 12, 2017 at 12:48 pm #

THis dress made me think of the Carolina Herrera dress Renée Zellweger wore to the 2004 Oscars. However, it doesn’r seem so well done. I think it’s mostly because of the creases.
    It’s a shame. This look had potential

7. Caroline June 12, 2017 at 12:46 pm #

I love the dress but not the hair.

8. Schoolbea June 12, 2017 at 11:33 am #

Mmmm sorry, not for me. I don’t like the shape, fabric or colour. And I know pink with red is on trend, but I think it rarely works well.

9. Kathy June 12, 2017 at 11:29 am #

Love the colors but not the shape. There are no good angles for this dress.

10. Alina June 12, 2017 at 11:24 am #

I like the idea of this, but the fabric or the lack of ironing is ruining the sleek effect this should have had.