Menu

September 3, 2020 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

‘Lacci’ Venice Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

'Lacci' Venice Film Festival Premiere

There were many more attendees who graced the red carpet on Wednesday (Septmber 2) for the Venice Film Festival premiere of ‘Lacci,’ which also served as the opening ceremony.

Elodie: As gorgeous as both Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton were, Elodie left me breathless wearing this silver custom Versace gown in the iconic silver metal mesh which was inspired by the Fall 2020 collection. I love how the piece boasts a sculptural, crystal-encrusted neckline and signature thigh-high slit.  The dress is outstanding, and the Swarovski embellished Versace sandals also blew me away.

Vera Arrivabene: There may be no sequins, metal mesh or Swarovski embellishments, but that doesn’t prevent this Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini Fall 2020 jumpsuit from being any less enticing.   I came for the jumpsuit, and stayed for the luxe liquid silk fabrication and ’70s inspired flared design. Pomellato jewels and a Roger Vivier clutch completed her look.

Versace Fall 2020
'Lacci' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Viola Arrivabene:  Nope, this isn’t a dress from The Vampire’s Wife.  This velvet pearl accented dress also hails from the Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini Fall 2020 collection.  Like her sister, her look was styled with Pomellato jewels and Roger Vivier accessories.

Lotte Verbeek:  It would be a crime if this festival was to pass without one Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition sighting.  The Dutch actress may have you feeling plenty of nostalgic or déjà vu vibes, but I for one would never frown upon a pale blue chiffon embellished gown. I love how she matched her lip colour to her flame red hair.  This is such a moment.

Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini Fall 2020
Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Cate Blanchett Recycles Her Esteban Cortazar Dress For The ‘Lacci’ 2020 Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Tilda Swinton Wore Haider Ackermann For 'The Human Voice' Venice Film Festival Photocall

Tilda Swinton Wore Haider Ackermann For ‘The Human Voice’ Venice Film Festival Photocall

18 Responses to ‘Lacci’ Venice Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

1. phee September 15, 2020 at 9:36 am #

Elodies looks AMAZING! Love the dress esp the crystal neckline. And those sandals are super awesome. Def a BDOTW
    Lotte looks great too. The rest all look fine actually.

2. Nat39 September 4, 2020 at 4:01 pm #

Elodie – stunning!! BDOTW worthy. Followed by lovely Lotte I’d say.

3. P&P September 4, 2020 at 9:07 am #

Go Elodie! I loved that dress on the runway when it came out, the bodice is weird but in a good sense, and I love the mesh.

4. manja September 4, 2020 at 7:05 am #

WOW Elodie exactly, she looks spectacular

5. Los_NGLS September 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm #

I can’t be the only one who hates that Versace dress :-I

Construction wise that has to be the sloppiest I’ve sem them maneuver that mesh fabric (that Gianni “invented”?), second only to the runway version. And that encrusted neckline is just… strange.

I’m gonna try to find a 4K photo and see if I’m just bugging. But I think a more detailed look will only make me dislike it more.

• Los_NGLS September 4, 2020 at 3:30 pm #

*seen

Found a photo I could zoom in on, and it’s worse. While the seems do look better, i can now see all the inner corseting which was not smooth enough to live well under this fabric.

And the encrusted neckline makes even less sense the more detail you can see and note the stark contrast between it and the fabric. 🙁

Also, to be clear, unlike some other designers that I will never like no matter what (coughD&Gcough), I actually really LOVE Donattella and the Atelier, and ALMOST NEVER don’t at least mediumly like one of their custom creations.

• TeaAtTwo September 5, 2020 at 8:08 am #

Though the dress would have been rather boring or standard without the sculptural neckline so I’m glad it’s there.

• Los_NGLS September 8, 2020 at 7:57 pm #

Fair point!

• Saudin September 4, 2020 at 6:29 pm #

Chainmail is a “fabric”that is very, very difficult to work with, and to be able to sculpt that bodice is impressive enough..with or without flaws… And she looked stunning btw

6. DorianGray September 3, 2020 at 8:31 pm #

Elodie deserved a post of her own. BDOTY for me ?

• Catherine Kallon September 3, 2020 at 10:06 pm #

Easily the best

• anonymous as always September 4, 2020 at 2:22 am #

• TeaAtTwo September 4, 2020 at 9:52 pm #

7. TeaAtTwo September 3, 2020 at 7:46 pm #

Elodie looks great, the sculptural detail makes it stand apart from silver dresses in similar material that we’ve seen before. The sandals are really good too.

• Catherine Kallon September 3, 2020 at 10:07 pm #

I think I like the sandals more than the dress

• TeaAtTwo September 4, 2020 at 6:53 am #

Yeah, it might be Elodie herself and the sandals that are really selling the dress.

8. alvarospain September 3, 2020 at 5:35 pm #

Wow Elodie! ?

9. Brubs September 3, 2020 at 5:18 pm #

wow, they all look great