Menu

September 3, 2020 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Cate Blanchett Recycles Her Esteban Cortazar Dress For The ‘Lacci’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Cate Blanchett has been known to recycle her red carpet looks in recent times.

At the opening ceremony of the 2019 Cannes Film Festival for the ‘Everyone Knows’ premiere, the actor opted to re-wear her beautiful black lace Armani Privé gown, which she had initially worn to the 2014 Golden Globes.

She also made a case for sustainability at the Harper’s Bazaar Women of the Year Awards in London, re-wearing a sequin Armani Prive jumpsuit that she had worn back in back in 2014 for the Giorgio Armani Celebrates Martin Scorsese And Paolo Sorrentino event.

On the occasion of the ‘Lacci’ premiere for the opening on the 2020 Venice Film Festival, which she serves as the jury president, she opted to recycle her Esteban Cortazar Spring 2016 dress.

Cate first wore this dress back in October 2015 to the ‘Carol’ London Film Festival Screening while promoting the movie with Rooney Mara.

On this occasion the only difference is the Pomellato necklace which accessoried the look.

We won’t be getting a third outing Cate in this dress, as she will be donating and auction to benefit two global charities – UN Women & Facing History and Ourselves.

RAD (Red Carpet ADvocacy) has partnered with celebrity stylist Elizabeth Stewart and her non-profit, Chic Relief, on a joint fundraising + advocacy campaign called RAD at Venice.

Talent, stylists and brands will donate red carpet looks that are worn throughout the festival for auction.

Esteban Cortazar  Spring 2016

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Tilda Swinton Wore Chanel Haute Couture To The 'Lacci' Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Tilda Swinton Wore Chanel Haute Couture To The ‘Lacci’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

'Lacci' Venice Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

‘Lacci’ Venice Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

12 Responses to Cate Blanchett Recycles Her Esteban Cortazar Dress For The ‘Lacci’ 2020 Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

1. phee September 15, 2020 at 9:38 am #

Didn’t really like it the first time. This is not one I needed to see again. The hair is nice but the rest of the styling is lazy.

2. Los_NGLS September 3, 2020 at 1:00 pm #

It’s so weird for me, an Amerian living in a flaming garbage can, to see a film festival going on, when I come across spaces everyday that wont allow more than a handful of people inside (-:

Anyway, Cate always looks great, and I love the recycling and donation, but I agree with TeaAtTwo that this is not one I wanted to see again, lol.

• Sharon M September 3, 2020 at 1:23 pm #

The problem is that levels of Covid 19 infections are near those from March in Europe. Of course, film festivals aren’t the same as crowded beaches, but that is why we have so many restrictions here in the States, so we don’t go back to higher rates of infection.

• Los_NGLS September 8, 2020 at 7:56 pm #

OhI fully support our restrictions.

• Fee September 3, 2020 at 10:15 pm #

I can’t remember her in this the first time, but it’s quite nice even if it looks a little tight.

• Jess September 4, 2020 at 11:39 pm #

Yeah I’m living in her country, we have an 8pm curfew, only allowed outside for an hour a day, been stick in my house for 2 months without seeing anyone I know. Its a weird, weird world haha!

I’m not a fan at all, makes her shape look unusual. She’s lost her flair for me!

3. TeaAtTwo September 3, 2020 at 12:39 pm #

The recycle/rewear concept is great but this particular dress isn’t one that I wanted to see again.

• anonymous as always September 3, 2020 at 3:31 pm #

Yeah, maybe you right… Not a bad dress by all means, but when you are Cate Blanchett you can recycle even better looks.

• Catherine Kallon September 3, 2020 at 10:08 pm #

I totally understand. She has had much better moments I would’ve loved to have seen repeated

• Lashae September 7, 2020 at 12:05 pm #

ita, wasn’t a fan of it when she originally wore it and I definitely didn’t want to see it again

4. Amy September 3, 2020 at 11:38 am #

She looks chic and event appropriate. The shoes are never my fave but it’s a minor complaint.
    I think recycling is a terrific idea especially in these times.

• anonymous as always September 3, 2020 at 3:34 pm #

Yeah the shoes are uninspiring. Cate’s shoe game has never been very strong but still she makes up for it with the rest of her style and elegance ?