Menu

February 6, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Alfre Woodard’s 11th Annual Sistahs’ Soirée

Alfre Woodard hosted her 11th Annual Sistahs’ Soirée held at The Private Residence of Jonas Tahlin, CEO of Absolut Elyx on Wednesday (February 5) in Los Angeles, California.

Laura Harrier:  It seems that Margot Robbie isn’t the only one who is showing a lot of love for Proenza Schouler right now, as Laura donned a look from the designers Spring 2020 collection.

I’ll admit, I did think this was Louis Vuitton at first, mostly because of Laura’s assoiaciton with the brand, but I also felt that due to cut, flare and shrunken nature of the suit.

As you know, all black looks don’t usually get a rise from me, but I love how elegant, effortless and modern this feels.

Kiki Layne: As you know, I’m usually all in when it comes to Kiki’s style, but this I can’t get over how mumsy this Temperley London ‘Teahouse dress feels on her.

It’s a pretty dress, don’t get me wrong, but I honestly wish she has rocked a more modern look like the ladies either side of her.

Janelle Monáe:   Proof that that inexpensive, can look expensive, the singer-actor wore Reformation’s Carmelina polka-dot silk midi dress in her signature colourway.

You’ll never see Janelle step to the red carpet without some kind of quirky accessory.  On this occasion she choose Carolina Santo Domingo’s ‘Eva’ box clutch.

Proenza Schouler Spring 2020
Temperley London Pre-Fall 2019
Reformation

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , , ,

Alexa Chung Wore Minju Kim To The Netflix and Net-A-Porter x Next In Fashion Launch Event

Zimmermann Fall 2020 Pre-Show Dinner

Zimmermann Fall 2020 Pre-Show Dinner

7 Responses to Alfre Woodard’s 11th Annual Sistahs’ Soirée

1. Guest February 8, 2020 at 8:58 am #

That hat and bag do all the talking here.

2. Phee phee February 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm #

im mostly just liking accessories here – like Lauras earrings and Janelles clutch are both beautiful. The shoes work on all of them.

3. Guest February 6, 2020 at 10:51 pm #

Laura’s outfit is by far my favourite here. So chic and effortless.

4. Guest February 6, 2020 at 10:13 pm #

Ms. Monae, too bad about the sheen (a little too inexpensive) but loving the rest with the possible exception of the hat. Fun bag, want to get a rear view of her hair with the hat, looks like a cute curly pony from here.

5. Guest February 6, 2020 at 9:27 pm #

No A-List celebrities wear Temperley London because her clothes are Marchesa ass: pretty but no style. The shine of Janelle’s dress makes it look cheap.

I want Laura to dress with more youth. She stole an admittedly Very Laura Harrier look from the fitting Julianne Moore or a youthful unfortunate Kate Young client.

6. Vizual Ninja February 6, 2020 at 8:06 pm #

They are all bringing something different and I’m feeling them all. Laura is definitely the favourite here though.

7. CharlotteLG February 6, 2020 at 7:41 pm #

I really like Laura Harrier look, the fit is perfect and her styling is pretty good.
    I don’t care about Kiki Layne look.
    I like Janelle Monae dress (I wouldn’t say “inexpensive” for sure) but the hat and the bag are bit much.