Menu

February 6, 2020

Netflix’s fashion competition ‘Next in Fashion’ was an instant hit amongst style lovers, especially enhanced by the witty commentary from Queer Eye’s Tan France and fashion designer Alexa Chung.

The competition spans 10 episodes, beginning with 18 contestants (who competed in pairs before splitting up later on) including some of the world’s best new design talents and quiet innovators, who have all come together from across the globe to compete for the grand prize of US$250,000 and an opportunity to debut their collection at NET-A-PORTER.

Alexa attended the Netflix and NET-A-PORTER x Next In Fashion launch event on Thursday (February 5) in New York City, ahead of New York Fashion Week.

The host was supporting the winner of the series, wearing a pink two-piece look by the Minju Kim.

There is no question that the dreamy creations, which will become available on NET-A-PORTER starting 10 February, are very much in tune with Alexa’s style aesthetics which mixes playfulness, bold silhouettes and feminine charm.

My issue here is the accessories, as they feel too heavy for the summery outfit.

Do you agree, or are you enjoying the contrast?

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Claire Danes Wore Monse On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Claire Danes Wore Monse On The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Alfre Woodard's 11th Annual Sistahs' Soirée

Alfre Woodard’s 11th Annual Sistahs’ Soirée

21 Responses to Alexa Chung Wore Minju Kim To The Netflix and Net-A-Porter x Next In Fashion Launch Event

1. Guest February 12, 2020 at 9:38 am #

To the author of this article…I think you’re quite kind and humble regarding the spoiler. We all make mistakes. No worries at all!

2. Guest February 10, 2020 at 6:01 pm #

Don’t worry, it’s your work 😘

3. Guest February 10, 2020 at 4:55 pm #

Loved this look in the original fabric Minju used but this is still nice. The bag and shoes ruin it I think, they are too heavy looking. Funny but I didn’t think you posted this too early because I binged watched it in 3 seatings lol. I was looking to see if anyone on the red carpet last night wore any of the designers clothes. I was hoping someone would have worn one of the contestants looks. They were such a talented group! Loved the show but the editing was kinda poor. Doesn’t matter I still really enjoyed it!

4. Catarina_M February 8, 2020 at 9:13 pm #

Don’t like the accessories or the lip.

5. Guest February 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm #

Alexa looks beautiful facially – but the outfit reminds me of…🤣🤣🤣

6. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 7, 2020 at 10:53 am #

sorry. I wish I hadn’t posted this now 😟

7. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 7, 2020 at 10:52 am #

So so sorry 😐

8. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 7, 2020 at 10:52 am #

Apologies. I should’ve considered this as it’s on Netflix and people watch at their leisure

9. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 7, 2020 at 10:51 am #

So sorry

10. Guest February 7, 2020 at 10:31 am #

If I am not mistaken the original look from the runway was in another shiny fabric? Anyway this was one of my favorite looks of the collection and I like it on Alexa, but her accessories kill it.

11. Phee phee February 7, 2020 at 3:39 am #

I don’t mind it. The outfit looks sweet and warm, certainly not summery to me.
    The accessories could be better. But its mostly the lipstick that bothers me. Its too harsh.
    Overall, for winter, I think the heaviness is nice.

12. Guest February 7, 2020 at 12:06 am #

I’d not heard of the show until today when I saw reference to Minju Kim one Net-a-Porter as the winner and so I looked into the show and saw that the the winner is already listed on Wikipedia. You learn something new everyday. The outfit is meh because of Alexa’s usual poor accessorizing even though the jacket is good.

13. Guest February 6, 2020 at 10:09 pm #

Minju Kim won?? I haven’t finished the show yet, lol.
    BTW. the outfit is really good.

14. Guest February 6, 2020 at 10:03 pm #

A spoiler alert would’ve been nice, I’m only 2 episodes in!

15. Guest February 6, 2020 at 8:34 pm #

This show has been out for less than a week and it’s already spoiled. How annoying. I had 3 episodes left.

16. Vizual Ninja February 6, 2020 at 8:07 pm #

I like the jacket and the colour, the skirt looks too heavy and I agree that the accessories bring it down.

17. JessHarps February 6, 2020 at 7:48 pm #

Really not sure what she was going for with this. I don’t like any of it.

18. Guest February 6, 2020 at 7:47 pm #

It’s got a Chanel Couture feel in the style, though also a lower price version. Don’t see why any style lover would pair those accessories with this outfit.

19. CharlotteLG February 6, 2020 at 7:42 pm #

I don’t get her styling : the bag and the red lips don’t work with the outfit and the shoes are not really good either.
    And the skirt seems too big on her.

20. Guest February 6, 2020 at 6:50 pm #

She should’ve picked one or the other, but not both the top & skirt. I also dislike the bag with this outfit.

21. Guest February 6, 2020 at 6:24 pm #

The outfit is pretty (the skirt needed last minute ironing) but the accessories are all wrong. Alexa always has heavy accessories, she’s never been a good accessorizer.