Menu

January 21, 2020

2020 Producers Guild Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon
2020 Producers Guild Awards

There were many more celebrities who hit the red carpet for the 2020 Producers Guild Awards, which took place at the Hollywood Palladium on Saturday (January 18) in Los Angeles, California, joining Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman and Zoey Deutch.

Constance Wu:  While I’m confused when it comes to Constance Wu’s style since the end of the promo tour for ‘Crazy Rich Asians,’ I did find myself swooning over her Etro green silk chiffon paisley print strapless gown.  Mostly because of how relaxed and effortless this feels.  Usually there’s an air of try-hardness that doesn’t sit well with me, but this boho look was enhanced with jewels by Anna Sheffield, Jacquie Aiche, Nancy Newberg, and Zoe Chicco.

Eva Longoria:  The actress is gorgeous – her hair and makeup were absolute perfection. She was glowing. But this gold Teresa Helbig gown is a huge miss.  From the fit, the tiers, the ruffles and the cheap looking fabric.  This wasn’t the way I hope to welcome Eva into 2020, especially after she had such a great 2019.

Caitriona Balfe: The actress always looks extremely elegant, and this Armani black long-sleeved gown with embellished was no exception. Emerald jewels from Anabella Chan and Harry Kotlar added a dash of colour to the sophisticated look, with Giuseppe Zanotti pumps providing the finishing touch.

Idina Menzel:  I really loved the sparkling gabardine fabric of her Brunello Cucinelli tuxedo, but the heavy eyeliner is thrown me off.

Kaitlyn Dever:  The young ‘Booksmart’ actress looked to step outside her girlie girl comfort-zone wearing an Olivier Theyskens white lace corset paired with black high-waisted trousers that married a hint of sex appeal with masculine tailoring that felt fresh for this slightly less formal event.

Greta Gerwig:  As we expect, Greta continued her ‘power director’ suiting run in Alexander McQueen styled with Ana Khouri jewels.

Laura Dern:  While I love the intricate details, beading and embellishments on this Prada frock, it didn’t work on Laura, especially with those shoes.  I think this should’ve been saved for Florence Pugh, Kiernan Shipka or Thomasin McKenzie.

Rachel Brosnahan:  I haven’t been as quick to dismiss the actress’ current form as some of you, but I’m not feeling this Michael Kors Collection Fall 2019 dress on Rachel.  The one-sleeve isn’t working for me.  My immediate feeling was that it feels like something out of Paris Hilton’s 90s closet.

Credit: Getty

New Look: Get 20% Off Dresses

New Look: Get 20% Off Dresses

Coach Launches 'Originals Go Their Own Way' Campaign Starring Jennifer Lopez and Michael B. Jordan

Coach Launches ‘Originals Go Their Own Way’ Campaign Starring Jennifer Lopez and Michael B. Jordan

15 Responses to 2020 Producers Guild Awards

1. Guest January 25, 2020 at 4:40 pm #

Oh man, Eva, you were doing so so so well! 🙁

2. Catarina_M January 22, 2020 at 9:20 am #

I like Eva’s glam and Contance’s dress. Nothing else.

3. Guest January 22, 2020 at 7:26 am #

Constance Wu was the only one I liked here, although the styling could have been better. The bottom tier of Eva’s dress looks truncated, like it was chopped off to fit her shorter frame. For such a beautiful woman, Caitriona’s dress makes her look old. Laura Dern’s dress looks matronly on her, and I don’t like her hair. While it had a good fit, the asymmetry of the sleeves and hem of Rachel Brosnahan’s dress is really throwing everything off.

4. Guest January 21, 2020 at 10:43 pm #

I actually like Eva’s look… especially the hair and makeup

5. KseniaBradner January 21, 2020 at 9:19 pm #

Nothing special here, even if Idina’s suit is well done.

Glad we got something new from Kaitlyn Dever, shocked but love it.

6. Guest January 21, 2020 at 8:50 pm #

Wow, Eva’s gold dress has got to be one of the ugliest I’ve ever seen. Too bad, too, considering how beautifully the hair and makeup is serving.
    I think Caitriona is the best here though it’s not a particularly competitive bunch.
    Constance’s dress is pretty, but the styling feels very Indie Spirit Awards to me.

7. alvarospain January 21, 2020 at 6:28 pm #

Eva Longoria looks gorgeous!

8. Guest January 21, 2020 at 6:22 pm #

What a yawn.

9. Originalmeme January 21, 2020 at 6:18 pm #

I like what Constance, Greta and Catriona are wearing. Eva’s dress is tacky and cheap and her face looks “different.” Laura Dern’s Prada is fug. Rachel is ready for Dancing with the Stars.

10. Guest January 21, 2020 at 5:08 pm #

No one here. Eva Longoria shows us how NOT to do cleavage – it’s too wide and uneven, please take lessons from Kate Beckinsale and Anne Hathaway.

11. Phee phee January 21, 2020 at 5:06 pm #

Constance’ dress is by far the best of the bunch. Im not a fan of the jewelry around her neck though. They seem too random.
    Eva….well, im still holding out hope that this was just a one-time slip for 2020.
    The rest are various levels of nope.

• Guest January 21, 2020 at 5:13 pm #

I believe Constance’s look had potential – a lovely green gown on her, but somehow the overall look comes across as tacky .. I don’t know what it is – whether it’s makeup or hair or necklaces or the overall vibe/attitude.

• Guest January 21, 2020 at 6:23 pm #

Agree. It had much potential. The make up seems quite heavy.

• Guest January 21, 2020 at 8:07 pm #

I agree. The necklaces are totally random. The rest range from “welcome to Dullsville” (Catriona) to Ice Capades (Rachel) to awful (Eva) to meh (the rest).

• Phee phee January 22, 2020 at 6:38 am #

The hair and makeup are both pretty rough!